[UPDATE 2 - Dec 18]Upcoming EIZO FORIS FS2735 lets you choose a freesync range: 35-90hz OR 56-144hz

TrigrH
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,

UPDATE NEW:

EIZO support was misinformed and told me the manual was correct (see old update) however the manual was given a B1 revision (pointed out by ChronoZX):

B1 page 21: http://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/files/manuals/03V25577B1/UM-03V25577B1-EN.pdf

aMebDs.png

UPDATE (OLD):

Doesn't work at 1440p

IDVfaI.png

Confirmed by Eizo:

I was reading the user manual of the EIZO foris fs2735 here:

http://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/files/manuals/03V25577A1/UM-03V25577A1-EN.pdf
And on page 21 it says freesync high is not compatible at native resolution 144hz?
Is this correct?
Thanks

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Eizo. Your satisfaction is of the utmost 
importance to us. The manual is correct.

Here is the UK contact information:
EIZO Limited (UK)
Support Request or call 01344 317489
Address: Stylus House London Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2UT, UK
Telephone: +44 1344 317 480 / Fax: +44 1344 308 122

Sincerely,

Lloyd Reeves

EIZO Inc. Technical Support
http://www.eizo.com 

the foris 2434 I am rocking right now since release date is holding up strong even after ~3000hrs of on-screen time. eizo is quality, no fanboism - just facts.

That's cute; the conservative estimate on-screen time on my BenQ GW2400W from 2008 is 46,000 hours.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That's cute; the conservative estimate on-screen time on my BenQ GW2400W from 2008 is 46,000 hours.

Naah probably not. I was surprised myself only got 3039 hrs onscreen time, eventhough I bought it mid 2014. Now multiply that by 8 and you got ~25k hrs. I wouldn't rly call your estimate conservative :D ..I didn't want to sound like being impressed the monitor did not fall apart after 16 months, rather the image quality and overall performance as an ips panel. I didn't own a lot of monitors before thsi one (samsung, siemens), however I appreciate quality stuff and I am able to distinguish between bs and "the good stuff" pretty well ;)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

• 4 weeks later...

This just got price confirmed in Norway to 12.990,- NOK which is $1,485.

Even if it did have a legitimately unique feature in the ecosystem, I don't see why anyone should ever buy it. Unless the panel is a literal window into the 4th dimension and lets you see a whole second of the future while you're playing. (Negative input lag?)

The Acer XR341CK is 2.000,- less in NOK by comparison, and seems a hell of a lot more appealing. (Even if it too is too expensive IMO)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

IF you really have to you just hack the freesync frequencies

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/owners-of-freesync-monitors-can-enlarge-hz-range-with-simple-hack.html

Yes it looks like a pain in the butt and it probably is, but hey it's possible at least.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

35 to 90.. I am -game- for that.  Hopefully they give a G-Sync variant too.  Even though the G-Sync covers all ranges.  Eizo has some terrific monitors.  Hopefully they have an ultra-wide in the future.

I just want an UW 144Hz that isnt $1K :/

A 1080p one, and it still costs $1K

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)