NEED better internet

thomas harding

i have the old copper wires coming into my house for internet and i am on telstras fastes cable internet the can give us what can i do?

sorry about another post

speeds are

20 megabits down (on a good day)

1 megabit upload (on a good day)

my iphones 4g speed is faster

30 megabits down (on a bad day)

7.67 megabits upload

i have the old copper wires coming into my house for internet and i am on telstras fastes cable internet the can give us what can i do?

sorry about another post

No fiber available in your neighborhood?

Give me a boost. 

No fiber available in your neighborhood?

yes only the old copper and i am going with the countrys main internet service provider (telstra)

Your lucky you can even get cable, most of us are stuck on adsl with a theoretical maximum of 24mbps but in reality your only going to get 10mbps. 

There is nothing you can do except move to a place with nbn, that's what i did.

If your on cable internet you should have 1 cable coming in. What do you mean by wires ? 

i dont have fiber optic i only have copper runing into my street

Ask them to run a "line quality check" and possibly replace the cable from the "pedestal" to your residence; Might not gain you more peak speed but it may be more consistent.

The "pedestal is what they call the connection from Under the street (or pole) to your residence. It's where they all split off into separate cables from the bunch that comes into your area. 

May be called something else over there, I am in the USA.

Your lucky you can even get cable, most of us are stuck on adsl with a theoretical maximum of 24mbps but in reality your only going to get 10mbps. 

There is nothing you can do except move to a place with nbn, that's what i did.

This. I live in an area where our max internet speeds are 12Mbps Down/1Mbps Up ADSL, though we typically get 7Mbps Down and 0.5Mbps Up. It's absolutely horrible, but it's all we've got. :(

i dont have fiber optic i only have copper runing into my street

I know, as far as I know cable everywhere only has one "wire", "cable" or whatever you want to call it. You said wires plural so you have me confused as to what you mean by old wires. Your cable should be standard coax and not have any relation whatsoever to any other wires coming in, even if they are old as crap only the quality of the coax matters. They are usually shielded also and can run by other wiring without too much problem. There should be a foil layer inside that shields it from other wiring interfering. That's why I'd ask your cable provider to check their line in case it's got problems. Ours was rusted at the connector because it is in ground and water ggot in the fitting and access hole. and kept screwing up our internet, they kept blowing it off and I kept calling until they came out and found the problem and fixed it. 

If they do all that and it's fine, then you'd have to see if they have a faster tier (level). After that it's usually having to get business class internet over here. We can't really switch either as there is no other cable to go with. If we were to go with business class, it's super expensive.

sorry about another post

speeds are

20 megabits down (on a good day)

1 megabit upload (on a good day)

my iphones 4g speed is faster

30 megabits down (on a bad day)

7.67 megabits upload

get telstras business internet..should be better then consumer internet

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

meanwhile in belgium we get 200Mbit over these:

coaxial-cable-assemblies.jpg

EDIT: on topic: thats australia for you, if you want better internet.. maybe hope they realise they're behind...

EDIT: on topic: thats australia for you, if you want better internet.. maybe hope they realise they're behind...

Manikyath. In the USA our FCC ruled that the internet is a public utility. The consequence of that is it's illegal for ALL the ISPs to block competition. the cable companies were blocking it for years. Last year they upgraded us from 25 to 50 Mbit and after the FCC passed the law allowing cable to be treated as a utility several months ago, we got another upgrade from 50 to 100 Mbit. 100 used to be "Business" class only. So know they are sucking up like crazy finally. We may be getting good internet over here soon.

530/530 with Caiway fiber. :D

Give me a boost. 

Manikyath. In the USA our FCC ruled that the internet is a public utility. The consequence of that is it's illegal for ALL the ISPs to block competition. the cable companies were blocking it for years. Last year they upgraded us from 25 to 50 Mbit and after the FCC passed the law allowing cable to be treated as a utility several months ago, we got another upgrade from 50 to 100 Mbit. 100 used to be "Business" class only. So know they are sucking up like crazy finally. We may be getting good internet over here soon.

530/530 with Caiway fiber. :D

i have no official sauce on this, but several birdies told me my ISP is preparing for 1.7Gbit to each house within the next few years.

EDIT: and thats while the main competitor struggles to deliver 50Mbps reliably.

i have no official sauce on this, but several birdies told me my ISP is preparing for 1.7Gbit to each house within the next few years.

EDIT: and thats while the main competitor struggles to deliver 50Mbps reliably.

I am still waiting on 1gbit in my regio in the Netherlands :P

Give me a boost. 

Same here via GOOGLE. There is no fiber here in Minnesota. Dallas has ALL of it.

Damn you DALLAS! :D:P

Give me a boost. 

Your lucky with what you've got there, i only get 6mb/s on a good day, average is always less than 4mb/s. Woo SA Internet (Also with Telstra) and Also yay for NBN coming in 5 Years (Said in 2009 by NBN co - Still no where near here)

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.