Can anyone explain how I would put TWO graphics cards in a single PC?

Tokui

Is there anything extra I need to do? Do I just plug it in? What?

If you need the specific GPU, it's a 980 ti. 

You need to have two correctly spaced PCI-E slots, both at 16x or 8x. You need a power supply capable of delivering the power, a CPU capable of not bottlenecking it, and an SLI bridge.

If its a nvidia card, and you want two, then you plug each into your motherboard, connect both to power, then connect the two gpus with an sli bridge. and make sure sli is functional in the manager.

If it's a high-end AMD card, then you just put both on your motherboard, and connect them both to power. Then make sure that crossfire is enabled in the manager. But if the card is not a 290X, 290, 390X, 390, Fury Nano, Fury, or Fury X then you will need to attach the cards once their in the system with a crossfire bridge.

In both setups, you connect display to the top gpu.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

See your motherboard manual for a specific slot for a single, dual or triple GPU setup.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You can only put GPUs with the same core (at least that is what I've heard). Since you are going to have the same model you should be fine. Make sure your mobo supports sli (and how much) and make sure you have enough space and enough power

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

You plug it in and plug in the sli bridge in both cards

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Shove the other 980Ti in the lower slot then attach the sli bridge then enable sli in NVIDIA Controll Panel and then there you go 

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.