Ryou's Math Help Thread

Ryoutarou97

So I've seen a few math topics here and a lot more on other forums, so I figured I would make a thread. Also I'm sitting in math right now and should probably be on topic. This is as close as I can get.

I am currently taking calculus, so I can do any problems up to there in difficulty so feel free to ask away. Any solved problems will get stuck into a spoiler in case someone needs it.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I would search on Google for a list of hard near to impossible problems, but I'm too lazy to do that.

I used to be able to do math...then I graduated and subsequently haven't had to do anything beyond basic arithmetic and rarely algebra.  College is like one of those movies where it's based on a book and they split the last book into 2 movies to make it last longer.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I've done a rather nice and not that hard maths problem yesterday. We're currently at injections , surjections  and inverse functions. Nothing too hard.

f:[1,∞] -> [NwUQNiY.png , ∞)

f(x) = MDElZ9O.png

Demonstrate that f is a bijection and find f-1.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I've done a rather nice and not that hard maths problem yesterday. We're currently at injections , surjections , surjections and inverse functions. Nothing too hard.

f:[1,∞] -> [NwUQNiY.png , ∞)

f(x) = MDElZ9O.png

...I don't believe I've ever done this (apart from inverses). A quick wikipedia search says that one would first find the inverse then prove that's in ℝ. Gimme a bit to learn how to do this then I'll get back to you. Just out of curiosity, in which class did you do this? Precalc/whatever you call the one before calc?

Edit: Also, I hate you forever for even suggesting this. Like, come on. How am I supposed to type out my work to this?

x^3 = [y^4 - 4y^3 + 10y^2 - 12y + 9]

I thought it factored into 

x^3 = (y-3)^2*(y+1)^2

...cried when I got to the y^2 term. Why would you do this. Just why. (unless I made a mistake somewhere)

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

...I don't believe I've ever done this (apart from inverses). A quick wikipedia search says that one would first find the inverse then prove that's in ℝ. Gimme a bit to learn how to do this then I'll get back to you. Just out of curiosity, in which class did you do this? Precalc/whatever you call the one before calc?

Uh...we don't exactly have that in Romania.

10th grade. 2nd year of high school.

Last year we studied identities , inequalities , other stuff like that , then we moved onto linear functions, then quadratic , then vectors , trigonometrical functions and then applications of trig in geometry.

This year we'll study complex numbers (which we kinda know already) , exponential functions , injectivity , surjectivity , bijectivity , inversable functions , logarithms and some other stuff with functions , then we'll move onto permutations , arangements, combinations , Newton's binomial , then financial mathematics and finally some more trig, geometry and vectors.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I've done a rather nice and not that hard maths problem yesterday. We're currently at injections , surjections  and inverse functions. Nothing too hard.

f:[1,∞] -> [NwUQNiY.png , ∞)

f(x) = MDElZ9O.png

"not that hard"... I'd literally die if i even considered trying that.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"not that hard"... I'd literally die if i even considered trying that..

That's pretty easy compared to some other problems

That's pretty easy compared to some other problems

I'm 23 and i'm struggling with fractions. Easy is subjective

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Uh...we don't exactly have that in Romania.

10th grade. 2nd year of high school.

Last year we studied identities , inequalities , other stuff like that , then we moved onto linear functions, then quadratic , then vectors , trigonometrical functions and then applications of trig in geometry.

This year we'll study complex numbers (which we kinda know already) , exponential functions , injectivity , surjectivity , bijectivity , inversable functions , logarithms and some other stuff with functions , then we'll move onto permutations , arangements, combinations , Newton's binomial , then financial mathematics and finally some more trig, geometry and vectors.

Our 10th grade curriculum is similar except we skipped injectivity and all those and replaced them with induction, some set theory, some related material, and a bit of other misc. stuff. We have different levels of students in the same classes, so a 10th grader might take class with a 9th grader and an 11th grader, so rather than calling it 10th grade we call it precalculus and then calc is usually an 11th grade class, though the material seems to be mostly the same. 

I would search on Google for a list of hard near to impossible problems, but I'm too lazy to do that.

I figured someone would. I had my ignore hat ready.

Our 10th grade curriculum is similar except we skipped injectivity and all those and replaced them with induction, some set theory, some related material, and a bit of other misc. stuff. We have different levels of students in the same classes, so a 10th grader might take class with a 9th grader and an 11th grader, so rather than calling it 10th grade we call it precalculus and then calc is usually an 11th grade class, though the material seems to be mostly the same. 

Ah, induction. We did that last year.

Ah, induction. We did that last year.

Alright, I give up on the problem. I worked through two math classes and a good bit at home. I've got no idea. That's a good one, how's it done?

Let f(x, y, z) = xy + 3y 2 z 3 + ln(xz). Compute ∂ 2f ∂x2 and ∂ 2f ∂y∂z 

Formatting is horrible in plain text. 

Let f(x, y, z) = xy + 3y 2 z 3 + ln(xz). Compute ∂ 2f ∂x2 and ∂ 2f ∂y∂z 

Formatting is horrible in plain text. 

...I agree. I have no idea what that's asking. Could you format it in non-text in an image? Does x2 mean x^2 or 2x? huh? (also I'm taking calc 1/2/3 not really sure which, so this might take me a bit to learn partial derivatives, but I should have it back within a day or so if I'm able to do it).

...I agree. I have no idea what that's asking. Could you format it in non-text in an image? Does x2 mean x^2 or 2x? huh? (also I'm taking calc 1/2/3 not really sure which, so this might take me a bit to learn partial derivatives, but I should have it back within a day or so if I'm able to do it).

Don't worry about doing it. But yeah, an image would be better than trying to write equations in plain text. 

Alright, I give up on the problem. I worked through two math classes and a good bit at home. I've got no idea. That's a good one, how's it done?

It's a really nice problem, I gotta tell ya.

The solution is quite long though , here you go (I hope you can understand it, my "calligraphy" isn't my strong suit)   :

cQmzqjT.jpg

(there's a small error to the end of the one above, where it says f surjective it should have been w surjective)

P3q16My.jpg

It's a really nice problem, I gotta tell ya.

The solution is quite long though , here you go (I hope you can understand it, my "calligraphy" isn't my strong suit)   :

(there's a small error to the end of the one above, where it says f surjective it should have been w surjective)

...two pages of work? It took two pages of work? Are you a sadist? Wow, I totally did not do that. I didn't even get close. That was a really good, problem, I'll see if a few of my friends can get it, though i have my doubts.

How can one enjoy Math is beyond me. I'm currently at double integrals and the thought that there are triple integrals scares me. :c

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Ryou's Perfect Math Class

AHAHAHAHA! That was amazing. That was utterly amazing. 

AHAHAHAHA! That was amazing. That was utterly amazing. 

the video or the reference I made to the video?

...two pages of work? It took two pages of work? Are you a sadist? Wow, I totally did not do that. I didn't even get close. That was a really good, problem, I'll see if a few of my friends can get it, though i have my doubts.

You can do it quicker, it's just not as nice . Not even close.

I've dug up an older thread of mine recently. Here's what I had last year at a test in the first semester if you're interested in doing more Maths :

1.Demonstrate that Egs8u6m.pngis divisible by 19 whatever value of n (natural)

2.Demonstrate that  XbWzMZg.png(n natural and bigger or equal to 2)

3. [apgxfqX.png] = ?

where [x] is the smallest integer smaller or equal to x.

4. Calculate 8Gh8IAU.png

5.  a + b + c + d = 1

Demonstrate that JBZv3wO.png< 8

6.Calculate usTOU0j.png

7.Demonstrate that TPqxTlt.png

8.Demonstrate that p8XJs4d.png>= 3/2  ( Nesbit's inequality)

Things got way different in the 2nd semester though.

And another one :

XFIDcay1.png

Demonstrate that xn < 1.

the video or the reference I made to the video?

Both. I haven't seen it in a while, and the reference was great too.

You can do it quicker, it's just not as nice . Not even close.

I've dug up an older thread of mine recently. Here's what I had last year at a test in the first semester if you're interested in doing more Maths :

1.Demonstrate that Egs8u6m.pngis divisible by 19 whatever value of n (natural)

2.Demonstrate that  XbWzMZg.png(n natural and bigger or equal to 2)

3. [apgxfqX.png] = ?

where [x] is the smallest integer smaller or equal to x.

4. Calculate 8Gh8IAU.png

5.  a + b + c + d = 1

Demonstrate that JBZv3wO.png< 8

6.Calculate usTOU0j.png

7.Demonstrate that TPqxTlt.png

8.Demonstrate that p8XJs4d.png>= 3/2  ( Nesbit's inequality)

Things got way different in the 2nd semester though.

And another one :

XFIDcay1.png

Demonstrate that xn < 1.

Why so many proofs? Alright, Getting started.