White Death! (Caselabs STH10 build)

Bubblies

Hello!

Before I start, I'm from Norway and use an excess amount of commas. Please be gentle :rolleyes:

I'm working on my project White Death. 

It will be a complete black and white mod build. 

The water cooling is only temporary, threw inn the stuff I already had laying around from previous builds as this is my only running computer at the moment.

My plan further on is getting rigid tubing with all fittings bends. (Don't really like the look of bent tubing)

The RAM will get water cooled and overclocked as well, which is why I'm gonna go with rigid tubing.

Not sure what I'll do with the nasty looking fan mount in the middle of the case yet, but I have a few ideas.

This build might take some time because of price issues. But it'll get there slowly but surely.

The only camera I have to take pictures with now is my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, so the picture quality is far from good.

Once I'm done I will get professional photography of the whole thing, so hang there!

I'll keep you posted as I get stuff done.

Specs:

- Caselabs STH10
- Asus x99-s
- Intel Core i7 5930k OC to 4.5GHz
- 2x Sapphire R9 295x2 OC to 1175MHz on Core and 1350 on Memory
- 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB in Raid0 for OS
- 1x Samsung 850 PRO 1TB for games. (Hate those load screens!)
- 1x Seagate 2TB 
- 16gb HyperX Fury Black 2666MHz (Soon 32GB with Watercooling and OC)
- Corsair AX1500i white sleeved cables.

Cooling:
- 20x EK vardar 1450 RPM
- 4x EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan
- 1x Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480mm Rad
- 2x EK-CoolStream XTX 480mm Rad
- 1x EK-Coolstream XTX 240mm Rad
- 2x EK DDC pump i serie
- 1x NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Control
- 2x EKWB 295x2 water block
- 1x EKWB DUAL Parallel 3 slot Terminal
- 1x EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
- 16x Monsoon Compression fittings.
- 4x 90 degree EK-AF fittings

- Custom cut fan grills. Thanks to InspiredLaserDesign over at Etsy.com

I'm currently working on the side panels, which is why it looks very plain.

post-266663-0-37429400-1443939204_thumb.

Temp placement and switched out the inside fans with Vardars as I was painting the Corsair SP120s.

In case your wondering why I got 2 fans blowing directly over the GPUs is because the backplate becomes extremely hot. Probably nothing to worry about, but I feel way more comfortable with some active cooling on it. I'm considering covering up the holes on the stand the fans are attached to with white acrylic plates or something. Or I might just chop it off so it's thin enough to not annoy me.

post-266663-0-35122600-1443937101_thumb.

My monitor setup. 3x Asus 27" LED PB278Q 1440p 60hz.

post-266663-0-83907500-1443937103_thumb.

And here is where I need some tips. What can I do with the bottom compartment of my case? Im really stuck on what I can do at the bottom there that can actually make sense and look good.

First Update on the work I got done. Finished painting the SP120s and just checked out the placement of the fan grills I'm installing on the top and bottom on the side panels.

post-266663-0-40561200-1443939374_thumb. post-266663-0-44238800-1443939493_thumb.

I really love how the SP120 fans turned out.

The side panel is rough as hell because of the surface I placed it on and worked on it. I have painted it now, just need some screws so I can mount the fan grills to it properly.

Then I'll cover over the white and paint the grills with the screws in so I don't have some awkward metallic screws in the grills.

Please give me feedback! 

Thanks for checking it out!  :)

Update #1: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/461137-white-death-caselabs-sth10-build/?p=6188568

Update #2: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/461137-white-death-caselabs-sth10-build/?p=6222536

Update #3: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/461137-white-death-caselabs-sth10-build/?p=6246007

Unfortunately I'm done for now with this build.

Thank you all for following it on it's short adventure, and sit tight for my next upcoming build.

I will make my next build with a bit more modding, better camera, and all-round a much better experience to view.

Ohh, one more thing: 

The liquid in the loop will be switched out once I get some more modding done and find out a permanent solution for the loop. 

And if I'm doing dual loops. If I find a good way to distribute the reservoirs on the CPU and GPUs I will go with White/black liquid as well.

Small update: I just finished overclocking both the CPU and GPUs to the max. 

Just so you know, this is using Furmark as I was stability testing, so I will never get anywhere close to this in real-world scenarios.

1712w and up to 40A on peaks!

In gaming the most I have seen is 1475w and 38A which is still an insane amount of power delivered into these crazy graphics cards!

So to those who wonder about my "overkill" cooling solution, try and keep these cool and quiet while gaming!

post-266663-0-79374300-1443944925.pngpost-266663-0-33418700-1443945044_thumb.

EDIT: I just topped it off again using Valley Benchmark.

I'm thinking about adding another power suuply to the mix so I don't kill off my ax1500i.

post-266663-0-65429800-1443957302_thumb.

hardline is bae.

Some 16mm hardline would look very sexy indeed. If you need to fill up some space, maybe take a look at primochill vortex wheels? They look pretty neat, and you could maybe incorporate them into the metal rod supporting the fans in the middle of the case? Dual loop could be possible with all of the pumps and stuff in the bottom, and having soft tubing for ease of routing in the bottom where no one can see, and running the hardline through passthrough fittings to the bottom chamber, like Jayztwocents did.

I like good humans and good food

Some 16mm hardline would look very sexy indeed. If you need to fill up some space, maybe take a look at primochill vortex wheels? They look pretty neat, and you could maybe incorporate them into the metal rod supporting the fans in the middle of the case? Dual loop could be possible with all of the pumps and stuff in the bottom, and having soft tubing for ease of routing in the bottom where no one can see, and running the hardline through passthrough fittings to the bottom chamber, like Jayztwocents did.

hardline is bae.

I have thought about it, the problem I face is that I don't like the look of bent tubing so much. So if I'm gonna get hardline tubing I'm gonna get straight tubing and a ton of fittings, and that really becomes expensive quickly. But we'll see, having hardline tubing in the front and soft tubing behind could work out, a hell of a lot easier atleast. We'll see, I will keep this thread posted! :)

Small update #2

I just finished up the backplates for my GPUs and the side panel fan grills.

Next step will be finishing up all the side panels and overhauling the watercooling.

Don't pay too much attention to the watercooling, that's just temporary sinse this is my only comp at the moment.

post-266663-0-60752400-1444313362.png

post-266663-0-81698600-1444314247.jpg

Sweet! 

How did you do the GPU backplates? Spray paint?

Yup, regular spray paint. Was a pain to get the joints leveled with each other without damaging the paint!

Hehe, I can imagine. Nice results though!

Update #3 (THE END)

Unfortunately I don't really see a future for this build, so I sold it off to a friend of mine. With the money I spent, I will now build an even better build!

I have now finished off the side panels, the big plans with hardline tubing and such never happened.

I will begin a new and fresh mod soon with (hopefully) a bit more professionalism. I will use a way better camera and get into some bigger modding.

But this is sadly the end for this adventure.

Hope to see you guys in the next one! It will be sooner than you think! :)

post-266663-0-58896800-1444591868.jpg

post-266663-0-21019900-1444591882_thumb.

post-266663-0-56569500-1444591886_thumb.

post-266663-0-46507400-1444591892.jpg