World's first iPhone 6S put through its paces via Geekbench

asim1999

gsmarena_006.jpg gsmarena_005.jpg

Looks like the Snapdragon 810 yet has another killer on its tail. 

The benchmark used was Geekbench, and the iPhone 6s managed to obtain a 2,292 single-core score, and 4,293 for the multi-core run. A subsequent run seems to have turned up 2,413 in the single-core benchmark, which is a lot more than past Apple devices. The closest is the iPad mini with Retina Display, which managed to score 1,384 with its A7 chip.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/one_iphone_6s_gets_delivered_early_immediately_benchmarked-news-14119.php

Now the only thing missing is GPU tests. Looks like it will trade blows with the Z5 Compact though 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I don't think that iPhone 6S CPU was meant to compete with Snap 810 but with 820.

And here is the pic

Xib1q05.jpg?1

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I don't think that iPhone 6S CPU was meant to compete with Snap 810 but with 820.

And here is the pic

Xib1q05.jpg?1

Well i am just saying that the Z5 Compact has some serious competition performance-wise. Dont know about graphics but the Z5 Compact already beats out the iPad Air 2, i am assuming the 6s will do even better 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

It doesn't trade blows with the Z5 Compact (which has an 810) purely by the fact it's achieving this score with just 2 cores. I bet some folks in the Snapdragon design team (and even the Exynos team) are crapping their pants now, seeing how their fancy 8-cores get eaten alive by a "measly" 2 core chip which oh by the way destroys everything on the market with that single-core score, which is quite frankly the most important score of the 2.

As for the GPU: Apple's own picture they used when they talked about the M9 being inside the A9 somewhat showed the design of their chip, and it's pointing towards a 6-core GPU. 2 less than the iPad Air 2 with the 8-core A8X, but 2 more than the A8's quad-core GPU. Expect the results to lie there in between. Or not. We're talking about Apple here. We've been surprised before.

Well i am just saying that the Z5 Compact has some serious competition performance-wise. Dont know about graphics but the Z5 Compact already beats out the iPad Air 2, i am assuming the 6s will do even better 

Of course it will do better on GPU tasks, it has to push 1/4th of the resolution of the iPad Air 2.

Ye ole' train

It doesn't trade blows with the Z5 Compact (which has an 810) purely by the fact it's achieving this score with just 2 cores. I bet some folks in the Snapdragon design team (and even the Exynos team) are crapping their pants now, seeing how their fancy 8-cores get eaten alive by a "measly" 2 core chip which oh by the way destroys everything on the market with that single-core score, which is quite frankly the most important score of the 2.

As for the GPU: Apple's own picture they used when they talked about the M9 being inside the A9 somewhat showed the design of their chip, and it's pointing towards a 6-core GPU. 2 less than the iPad Air 2 with the 8-core A8X, but 2 more than the A8's quad-core GPU. Expect the results to lie there in between. Or not. We're talking about Apple here. We've been surprised before.

Well seeing as the Z5 Compact beats the Air 2, i think they will perform within 10-15% of each other due to Apple's amazing software optimisation (on its newer devices anyway) 

Apple and Intel, the 2 companies with mobile chips that make sense. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Apple and Intel, the 2 companies with mobile chips that make sense. 

I though Intel's were power hungry for their performance? or am I out to lunch...

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I though Intel's were power hungry for their performance? or am I out to lunch...

Few years ago yes. They have made HUGE strides in the past few years. 

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Of course it will do better on GPU tasks, it has to push 1/4th of the resolution of the iPad Air 2.

You do know those 8 cores are actually 4 powerful ones and 4 power efficient(thus quite slower) ones, right? BIG.little Also, the Tegra K1 was reported to get around 2000 in single core tests.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.