no custom PCBs for R9 Fury Nano

zMeul

Well - a blower design? I would love a blower nano ^_^

This would make sense.

Blower style cards for SFF or xSFF systems are better than others in most cases!

Either way I wouldn't mind a nano if anyone wants to throw some cash around :lol:

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Well - a blower design? I would love a blower nano ^_^

You Could Get Your Nano Blowed xD

you haven't read the post properly ...

AMD isn't allowing anyone to surpass their rated TDP, their aren't allowed to raise clocks .. at all!

no custom pcb doesn't mean Gigabyte can't make a mini Windforce cooler for it. (ie reference pcb + custom cooling)

AMD stated this is a dual-flagship launch between the Nano and FuryX, and both are reference design only. Therefore, the only logical response is to:

65700-Jon-Stewart-mind-blown-gif-kNso.gi

No they said "Fall" and the nano was "Summer". The r9 nano will have non reference designs.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

No they said "Fall" and the nano was "Summer". The r9 nano will have non reference designs.

I'm not talking about a dual gpu card. I'm talking about the launch of two flagship cards, Nano and furyX.

The nano will have non reference designs...really? cool.  :)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm not talking about a dual gpu card. I'm talking about the launch of two flagship cards, Nano and furyX.

The nano will have non reference designs...really? cool.  :)

I see your point. But they might release non referance fiji xt cards in a few months, when there are more fiji gpus.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

no custom pcb doesn't mean Gigabyte can't make a mini Windforce cooler for it. (ie reference pcb + custom cooling)

nowhere did I said they can't make custom cooling; but they can't break the mini-ITX format

that's the only feature the AIB partners can fully customize

something I noticed, and I suspect it has to do with the lock-ins: except Sapphire, no one else (main vendors) picked up the R9 Fury nor the R9 Nano

ASUS, GigaByte, MSI and XFX only sell the Fury X

I suspect it's because they can't be bothered to create a custom cooler that works for the R9 Fury and can't use it on the Nano, at least

since it uses the same GPU as Fury X, we could've had a air-cooled version of it, at the same clocks

---

also posted in OP

something I noticed, and I suspect it has to do with the lock-ins: except Sapphire, no one else (main vendors) picked up the R9 Fury nor the R9 Nano

ASUS, GigaByte, MSI and XFX only sell the Fury X

I suspect it's because they can't be bothered to create a custom cooler that works for the R9 Fury and can't use it on the Nano, at least

since it uses the same GPU as Fury X, we could've had a air-cooled version of it, at the same clocks

---

also posted in OP

Don't asus have their r9 Fury Strix?

KXSWDrk9_ngB.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It's like AMD so badly wants to imitate the Titan series cards, offering a "premium" card that'll be virtually identical across all board partners. It's a shame, NVIDIA needs competition, looks like they aren't getting any this year.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Does that mean they cant take away ports to make a single slot water-cooled one?

Surprising much? I'd take that there may be Fury X custom PCBs that'd be cool.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |