Guys i F**** Up how do i stop this

Marcelo Delicia

I clicked on the windows logo to get the windows 10 so I can save it to a USB drive so I can install it later. Now it does not let me close it, and if I turn off my pc it will boot with the update. What should I do? I don't want windows 10 now. Please help!!

post-252748-0-35688000-1441065739.png

post-252748-0-35688000-1441065739.png

Edited by colonel_mortis
Fixed formatting and added puncuation

potato.

wat

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

i clicked on the windows logo

to get the windows 10 so i 

can save it to a USB drive

what

why

its an update...not a file download...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what

why

its an update...not a file download...

it was a file download before

potato.

The windows logo doesn't let you install in onto a USB xD.. you need the media creation tool for that

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

you have to install windows 10. there is no way around it. maybe try booting your system into safe mode and restoring to a point before it?

and all these people here are a holes who think this is a joke. but honestly, try restoring to a point from safe mode

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

you have to install windows 10. there is no way around it. maybe try booting your system into safe mode and restoring to a point before it?

and all these people here are a holes who think this is a joke. but honestly, try restoring to a point from safe mode

explain how do i do that

potato.

-snip-

Sorry man, but the way you wrote the post is funny as hell :)

Well I guess there's nothing you can really do about it. You can try and restore it to an earlier point. If you didn't restart your PC try doing that before you restart it and thus updating to w10.

And if you update, you will still have all your files and programs so you don't really lose anything, just gain a new OS.

Now you probably have a reason why you don't want w10 and I got that.

Let us know what you did.