What is A-level like, and what subjects did you do at A-level?

asim1999

I am scared as i start A-levels next week. I am doing Physics, Maths, History and Chemiistry 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

i attempted A level maths and holy shit, ive never done something so hard in my life (i failed hard).

then again i only got a C in maths because my nob of a teacher wouldnt let me do the higher exam paper so i could get a B

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

A-levels are as hard as you want them to be. If you dont put the effort in and dont study for them then you will fail it. A-levels are not the hardest things you will do if you go to University.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If it's comparable to Denmark, you'll survive.

I have English (my second language), Maths, Physics, Megatronic (Building mekanical and electronical devices) and finally Danish (My language)

It requires you to stick with your homework and that you follow class, but then it's not that bad.

When in doubt: C4

i attempted A level maths and holy shit, ive never done something so hard in my life (i failed hard).

then again i only got a C in maths because my nob of a teacher wouldnt let me do the higher exam paper so i could get a B

I got an A in both Maths and Further Maths at GCSE, but both were hard as hell

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

A-levels are as hard as you want them to be. If you dont put the effort in and dont study for them then you will fail it. A-levels are the hardest things you will do if you go to University.

So is university easier?

I got an A in both Maths and Further Maths at GCSE, but both were hard as hell

this lad who i did A level maths with was a genius , he got an A in A level maths, thats something not many people can say they achieved.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Yeah I'm about to do B level maths (which is what I think is A in Australia, it's the top level maths) and chemistry. Thank God I'm not doing Physics (F that) but I'm still a little spooked.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

They're without doubt going to be more difficult than GCSE, in the sense that you either put the effort in or fail - there's no winging it (e.g, GCSE I didn't revise once for DT, ended up getting an A*). 

Though, as long as you put the effort in, and a little more than what's required (even staying back to consolidate on something you don't fully understand, or getting extra help), you'll be absolutely fine and have nothing to worry about.

They're without doubt going to be more difficult than GCSE, in the sense that you either put the effort in or fail - there's no winging it (e.g, GCSE I didn't revise once for DT, ended up getting an A*). 

Though, as long as you put the effort in, and a little more than what's required (even staying back to consolidate on something you don't fully understand, or getting extra help), you'll be absolutely fine and have nothing to worry about.

So i am planning to finish my AS-level revision notes by late December/Early January and i am gonna start as soon as i go back. Is his a good plan?

So i am planning to finish my AS-level revision notes by late December/Early January and i am gonna start as soon as i go back. Is his a good plan?

Probably. I only did A levels for a few weeks then went off to do something else  :lol: Only because the computing side of it was a joke - teachers were asking us most of the time. But yes, always better to start early than late. 

If it is comparable to the Danish A-level courses, you will do just fine.

I did A-level math, Danish, English, social science, history, and biology. I passed with flying colours, and if I can do it so can you. 

I'm not all that bright, I have the attention span of a small rodent and I rarely did any homework in those classes.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

A levels aren't too bad based on my discussions with my school for the upcoming academic year. I think it helps to have a good student-teacher relationship (good communication, not friends) and always start your homework early so you have time to check with teachers. I am taking math, further math, chemistry, physics and economics.

I done physics last year, it was good, ended up with a B. As long as you like the subjects you're doing, you'll do fine.

But maths, yeah I didn't take it but boy do I wish I did, it will get you into so many Uni courses and apprenticeships.

Good luck for your next year man, enjoy it :) 

A levels aren't too bad based on my discussions with my school for the upcoming academic year. I think it helps to have a good student-teacher relationship (good communication, not friends) and always start your homework early so you have time to check with teachers. I am taking math, further math, chemistry, physics and economics.

Yeah, both my Maths and Physics teachers are very friendly and are considered the best teachers in the school. Hope i keep them for A-levels due to their helpfulness and teaching ability.