Internet In, Internet Out? Can I use my second Ethernet jack as an "out"?

iamdarkyoshi
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,

""When you have found the answer you were looking for click on "Mark For Solved".  - Me

I am aware of this. I am not sure if it worked though because I havent tried it. I found an alternate solution. Might as well mark it though." - You ==> "take the ethernet cable from my brothers PC because I also needed his keyboard and mouse  :P"

In case this does not clarify it enough..

I was talking about your "alternate solution" instead of clicking "Mark For Solved" which is the intended function.

First I thought you meant ignoring it/going on with your life but, now I am just confused..

Were you the one who didn't understand me or am I somehow not understanding you?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/db/dbc97d3b537a3b38f323b2cd9e97228de9342018e72bb18e3b36ec235a8783f5.jpg

turnip.

I have an asrock x79 extreme9 with two networking jacks. One on the "game blaster" and one on the motherboard. Can I use the second one to act as a place to plug in another PC? My derp router is out of ports and my gigabit network switch is cactus.

yes you can use the second ethernet to send data from your computer hard drives

there should be a network sharing option for the 2nd adapter.

edit: http://prntscr.com/89zlkn

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I wanted an internet connection. Can I do that?

if its possible then you mioght find a configuring option somewhere at the motherboard drivers or in the Bios, or you just check the manual

there should be a network sharing option for the 2nd adapter.

edit: http://prntscr.com/89zlkn

So close, yet so far. It wants to change MY pc's IP, and I am hosting servers and stuff. I will probably just unplug my brothers PC.

So close, yet so far. It wants to change MY pc's IP, and I am hosting servers and stuff. I will probably just unplug my brothers PC.

Why not just use WiFi on the other PC?

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Darn...

I remember there was another way where you bridged 2 adapters together. I used it to make my laptop into a router, but I can't quite remember how exactly I did that, as it was like 4 years ago...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

The newest WIFI card I own works on windows 2000

Just open your network prefs and highlight both of the connections and right click and click bridge and it will bridge the connections together and allow your other PC to have internet access along with your main PC. And yes I am at school right now lol xD 

EDIT Added Picture

post-190701-0-30253000-1440789805_thumb.

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

I have an asrock x79 extreme9 with two networking jacks. One on the "game blaster" and one on the motherboard. Can I use the second one to act as a place to plug in another PC? My derp router is out of ports and my gigabit network switch is cactus.

Yup you can.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just open your network prefs and highlight both of the connections and right click and click bridge and it will bridge the connections together and allow your other PC to have internet access along with your main PC. And yes I am at school right now lol xD 

EDIT Added Picture

Thanks for the picture! I ended up stealing my brothers ethernet because I also needed a keyboard and mouse... If I need to do this again though, I will try it.

Thanks for the picture! I ended up stealing my brothers ethernet because I also needed a keyboard and mouse... If I need to do this again though, I will try it.

No prob, I used my laptop this way for a while with the WiFi card in it being the in and the Gig Ethernet port being out to a switch then connected my PC to it and I still got 100% of my network speed that way too!

You can bridge the connection between both ports to act as a switch, but it will not be hardware accelerated, so therefore, it will perform very badly. Only do it if you are desperate.

My native language is C++

When you have found the answer you were looking for click on "Mark For Solved".

On the bottom side of the desired comment.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

When you have found the answer you were looking for click on "Mark For Solved".

On the bottom side of the desired comment.

I am aware of this. I am not sure if it worked though because I havent tried it. I found an alternate solution. Might as well mark it though.

I am aware of this. I am not sure if it worked though because I havent tried it. I found an alternate solution. Might as well mark it though.

What was your alternate solution? 

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System

take the ethernet cable from my brothers PC because I also needed his keyboard and mouse :P

""When you have found the answer you were looking for click on "Mark For Solved".  - Me

I am aware of this. I am not sure if it worked though because I havent tried it. I found an alternate solution. Might as well mark it though." - You ==> "take the ethernet cable from my brothers PC because I also needed his keyboard and mouse  :P"

In case the quote above did not clarify it enough..

I was talking about your "alternate solution" instead of clicking "Mark For Solved" which is the intended function.

First I thought you meant ignoring it/going on with your life but, now I am just confused..

Were you the one who didn't understand me or am I somehow not understanding you?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/db/dbc97d3b537a3b38f323b2cd9e97228de9342018e72bb18e3b36ec235a8783f5.jpg

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System

In case this does not clarify it enough..

turnip.

turnip.

Turnip

"noun

the thick, fleshy, edible root of either of two plants of the mustard family, the white-fleshed Brassica rapa rapifera or the yellow-fleshed rutabaga.
the plant itself.
the root of this plant used as a vegetable."

Now I am even more confused..

Did you make your own comment the "best"/marked for solved comment?
I didn't even know that was possible.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System

"noun

the thick, fleshy, edible root of either of two plants of the mustard family, the white-fleshed Brassica rapa rapifera or the yellow-fleshed rutabaga.
the plant itself.
the root of this plant used as a vegetable."

Now I am even more confused..

Did you make your own comment the "best"/marked for solved comment?
I didn't even know that was possible.

apparently it is. I just followed the instructions of linus:

post-128204-0-70848100-1440801933.png

post-128204-0-70848100-1440801933.png

apparently it is. I just followed the instructions of linus:

attachicon.gifr6eLKnJ.png

I have no idea what that picture or that word stands for.

Anyways..

Have a nice day/evening and goodnight from Sweden.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case