[Pre-order]DICE Releases details for Star Wars: Battlefront DLC: Battle of Jakku

christianled59

image4573a.jpg

We are proud to give you a first visual glimpse of The Battle of Jakku, coming to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ on December 1st, 2015, for all who pre-order, and a week later for all other game holders. The Battle of Jakku was the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet.

Learn how to be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku

Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™.

In the artwork above, a Star Destroyer has crash landed, and from the belly of this battle-scarred metal giant, a myriad of Imperial ground troops have evacuated and engaged with Rebel troops, also strangers to this desert planet.

This intensity of battle was one of the aspects that DICE Concept Artist Anton Grandert wanted to convey when creating the Jakku artwork. The size difference between the visual elements was another:

“There’s a David and Goliath theme to this,” says Grandert. “The epic, huge super structures of the Star Destroyers contrast against the tiny but brave Rebel soldiers fighting the Imperial forces.”

This looks like it will be quite epic. I'm looking forward to the film and continuing it in the game sounds like a lovely idea. All the more to get hyped. Here's to hoping it isn't a watered down battlefront 2.

image5520a.jpg

And true to the core gameplay of Star Wars Battlefront, the artwork features many different aspects of Star Wars battle fantasies - on land and in the sky.

“We wanted to portray a battle completely surrounding you, in every direction. Debris is falling from the sky, telling the story of battles above. On the surface of the planet you can see ground troops as well as X-wings, all taking part of the fight,” Grandert says.

Together with Jakku, other iconic Star Wars locations like Hoth, Tatooine, Endor, and the previously unexplored planet Sullust will all be part of Star Wars Battlefront. Hit the link below to learn how you can be among the first to experience all this.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/jakku-pre-order-offer

As excited as I am for this game, I still do not recommend preordering. We don't know if this will be another BF4. Hopefully this game can live up to its hype. Tell me your thoughts. Personally, preorder offers need to die. I'm tired of developers taking our money and delievering us broken games. People shouldn't get extra content or early content for preorders.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/get-a-first-glimpse-of-the-battle-of-jakku-in-star-wars-battlefront

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Wait is this DLC? -_-

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Free DLC or not, if we're already talking about DLC before the game has even gone gold then the devs have fucked up somewhere.

It's only DLC because it's episode 7 content which they probably aren't allowed to release before December.

Also I don't see the big deal if it's 1 week early for people who pre order other publishers do waaay worse stuff.

RTX2070OC 

It's only DLC because it's episode 7 content which they probably aren't allowed to release before December.

Also I don't see the big deal if it's 1 week early for people who pre order other publishers do waaay worse stuff.

Delay it until December then if it's so important it can't be released on release day. It doesn't matter why they can't do it, we shouldn't even be thinking about DLC several months before the game has been released, never mind having announcements about it. Pulling moves like this only hurts the consumer's confidence in the product.

This thread is not for arguing about whether companies or consumers are to blame for pre-order bonuses - it's a thing, and there's no point arguing about who to blame for it.

I would hate to have to lock this thread because people are arguing and dragging it completely off topic, but I am concerned that I might have to.

HTTP/2 203

This thread is not for arguing about whether companies or consumers are to blame for pre-order bonuses - it's a thing, and there's no point arguing about who to blame for it.

I would hate to have to lock this thread because people are arguing and dragging it completely off topic, but I am concerned that I might have to.

Pretty much this...

Just letting everyone know, Origin does offer refunds with their Great Game Guarantee.

Cant wait for the game.

Don't really know anything about Star Wars but... Hey, more content is always good.