OnePlus 2 launch thread

Aniallation

Good. The old system sucked.

Here's a couple

Snapdragon 810 with a revision to prevent overheating

Fingerprint scanner similar to Samsung's system, on the home button.

Same 5.5 inch screen, but upscaled to 2560x1440, like the G3/G4

13MP rear camera, 8MP front.

That's all i know off the top of my head.

Nice, but I decided to google and see the reveal. 1080p screen

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Wait... I just realized that OnePlus are really screwing us in Sweden over with the pricing. Not sure if it's the same for other places but this has really put me off buying it.

post-216-0-41525200-1438100075.png

post-216-0-41525200-1438100075.png

2018 flagship killer

I agree. I will continue to love my OnePlus One(s) and now my Z3 until the next OnePlus generation comes out. Fingers crossed for front facing speakers, and water proofness.

What phone? Different phones have different surface temperatures.

My bad, I guess the OnePlus One can get up to 43ºC. I know Mine can playing when intense games for a while. :P

Even the LG G4 with a SD808 hits 45ºC...

The Xaiomi Mi4i with SD615 can hit 47ºC

The Yu Yuphoria can hit 45ºC as well on a SD410

The Gionee Elife S7 hits 47ºC with the MediaTek MT6752

The Asus Zenfone 2 hits 43ºC

So 47ºC on a SD810 v2.1 SoC? That's pretty darn good. It's starting to get on the verge of uncomfortably hot to the touch sure, but it's not overheating as people claimed on the HTC One M9 and the Sony Xperia Z3+.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Wait... I just realized that OnePlus are really screwing us in Sweden over with the pricing. Not sure if it's the same for other places but this has really put me off buying it.

attachicon.gifPricing.png

You sure it's not just Sweeden screwing over Sweeden? Is there VAT import fees in Sweden for electronics like smartphones? Especially from a Chinese manufacturer?

Anywho? Canada had hidden fees before due to the Canadian government's lame ass customs duty fees... it was an extra $40 on top of what you paid... it's gone meow thank fuck. I think OnePlus struck a deal with the lame ass government and included a discounted customs duty fee with the asking price of the device.

So here's Canada. I'm only comparing the 64GB model because I doubt anyone wants the 16GB model lol. :P

OnePlus One 64GB? $389.00 CAD

OnePlus 2 64GB? $479.00 CAD

23% increase. My guess it's more about the customs fees on the device. A pricier device? higher import fees.

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

You sure it's not just Sweeden screwing over Sweeden? Is there VAT import fees in Sweden for electronics like smartphones? Especially from a Chinese manufacturer?

That shouldn't matter since I am comparing the OnePlus One against the OnePlus Two. All the same fees and such that applies to the OnePlus Two applied to the OnePlus One as well.

That's why the high price doesn't make any sense to me.

My bad, I guess the OnePlus One can get up to 43ºC. I know Mine can playing when intense games for a while. :P

Even the LG G4 with a SD808 hits 45ºC...

The Xaiomi Mi4i with SD615 can hit 47ºC

The Yu Yuphoria can hit 45ºC as well on a SD410

The Gionee Elife S7 hits 47ºC with the MediaTek MT6752

The Asus Zenfone 2 hits 43ºC

So 47ºC on a SD810 v2.1 SoC? That's pretty darn good. It's starting to get on the verge of uncomfortably hot to the touch sure, but it's not overheating as people claimed on the HTC One M9 and the Sony Xperia Z3+.

I my one plus one got  to 52c once it acidently left it under my pillow with Game ingress running :/ 

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

Heyyo,

That shouldn't matter since I am comparing the OnePlus One against the OnePlus Two. All the same fees and such that applies to the OnePlus Two applied to the OnePlus One as well.

That's why the high price doesn't make any sense to me.

That's why I even did the comparison in Canada dude and said:

23% increase. My guess it's more about the customs fees on the device. A pricier device? higher import fees.

Usually on Chinese manufacturer devices there's higher import fees than other countries.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Sweden/

Duty Rates

The duty rates applied to imports into Sweden typically range between 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington Boots). Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free. Certain goods may be subject to additional duties depending on the country of manufacture, for example Bicycles made in China carry an additional (anti dumping) duty of 48.5%.

So this site says phones shouldn't have import fees... BUT, also says depending on the country of manufacture.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2746033/Warning-buying-online-Far-East-problems-customers.html

That's the risks of buying direct from manufacturer or even a store front. Dem fees mang.

If I buy a used phone on ebay for example from the USA? Even a used phone from eBay carries a $20 customs fee in Canada... depending on the province I live in. So for Canada? I'm guessing OnePlus charges maybe the highest cost of duty fee overall or a discounted duty fee...

Here's an example I found for the Oppo Find 7 on their forums as an example:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/oppo-find-7-duty-taxes-canada.21805/

See? Canada has import fees on smartphones... depending where you live. Probably the same deal for Sweden's import fees of smartphones from China.

I my one plus one got  to 52c once it acidently left it under my pillow with Game ingress running :/

YOU CRAZY!!! :P

I'm glad you're ok though and your phone too. :)

Kind of reminds me of the stories about people complaining their iPhone burnt them... when they fell asleep in bed with blankets on and they left the iPhone in their pocket lol...

Heyyo,

That's why I even did the comparison in Canada dude and said:

Usually on Chinese manufacturer devices there's higher import fees than other countries.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Sweden/

So this site says phones shouldn't have import fees... BUT, also says depending on the country of manufacture.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2746033/Warning-buying-online-Far-East-problems-customers.html

That's the risks of buying direct from manufacturer or even a store front. Dem fees mang.

If I buy a used phone on ebay for example from the USA? Even a used phone from eBay carries a $20 customs fee in Canada... depending on the province I live in. So for Canada? I'm guessing OnePlus charges maybe the highest cost of duty fee overall or a discounted duty fee...

Here's an example I found for the Oppo Find 7 on their forums as an example:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/oppo-find-7-duty-taxes-canada.21805/

See? Canada has import fees on smartphones... depending where you live. Probably the same deal for Sweden's import fees of smartphones from China.

I got 4 friends who all bought the OnePlus One here in Sweden and none of them paid any additional fees. So this is not the case of OnePlus baking in all the fees in the Two price while the One had hidden fees. It's just straight up far more expensive in Sweden for some reason.

Heyyo,

I got 4 friends who all bought the OnePlus One here in Sweden and none of them paid any additional fees. So this is not the case of OnePlus baking in all the fees in the Two price while the One had hidden fees. It's just straight up far more expensive in Sweden for some reason.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear... I'll chalk that up to my bad.

What I'm saying is? That fee is probably calculated INTO the price of the OnePlus 2 JUST like it was the OnePlus One.

Before Opening a OnePlus Canadian online storefront? We had to purchase our devices from OnePlus's USA site. I bought mine before the permanent price drop. It was $349.00 USD... so $497.93 CAD (as shown on my PayPal) under the name "DA SHENG INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO., LIMITED".

Here's the exact chart of my payments:

1 OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64 GB

Item # 0101020602 $349.00 USD

1 OnePlus One Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Item # 0215000201 $12.99 USD

1 OnePlus One Clear Case

Item # 0208000202 $10.99 USD

1 Charger US

Item # 0201000401 $0.00 USD

1 Shipping

Item # Select Shipping Method - USPS $14.34 USD

Amount $387.32 USD

USPS hands the package over to DHL in Canada... For me? there was a $40 CAD customs/brokerage fees that DHL had to charge me. Some people have quoted prices as high as $76 CAD for customs/brokerage fees (maybe multiple devices?)

So all in all? It was around $522.93 CAD that I paid for my phone and accessories with shipping and customs brokerage fees and such too...

I just found this too:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/shipping-to-canada-resumes-april-10-2015.293899/page-37#post-12109898

If you ordered after customs was added to the price you shouldn't pay twice.

There it is. Confirmation that the price difference between the USA and Canada/Sweden is due to customs & brokerage fees inflating the price so you don't have to deal with it.

AFAIK as well? I don't think there's any manufacturing places in the USA so I doubt their cost is lower due to that. I'm pretty sure it is that whole damn government customs & brokerage fees for price inflation.

Heyyo,

@The_mard which is exactly what I'm scared for. Yes other chips get as hot as well, that's not my point. The M9 had a super hot surface temperature I'm guessing due to its metal unibody acting as a direct conductor for heat. Meanwhile the rest of these phones may act like an insulator thus causing heat to transfer to the battery. I left my iPhone 5 under a pillow while tethering (which creates an immense amount of heat) and I accidentally did this several times which caused the battery to swell up and cause a safety hazard. My fault I know but with these phones, some heavy gaming and it reaches these temperatures? The batteries don't like it.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear... I'll chalk that up to my bad.

What I'm saying is? That fee is probably calculated INTO the price of the OnePlus 2 JUST like it was the OnePlus One.

Before Opening a OnePlus Canadian online storefront? We had to purchase our devices from OnePlus's USA site. I bought mine before the permanent price drop. It was $349.00 USD... so $497.93 CAD (as shown on my PayPal) under the name "DA SHENG INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO., LIMITED".

Maybe I am being dumb but I don't understand what you're saying.

If both the OnePlus 1 and 2 has the same fees added then why is the 2 so much more expensive in Sweden?

If the price of the 2 has other fees included that used to be hidden then why did my friends not have to pay custom fees or other things when they ordered their OnePlus One?

Heyyo,

Maybe I am being dumb but I don't understand what you're saying.

If both the OnePlus 1 and 2 has the same fees added then why is the 2 so much more expensive in Sweden?

If the price of the 2 has other fees included that used to be hidden then why did my friends not have to pay custom fees or other things when they ordered their OnePlus One?

From what I see? Import VAT in Sweden is about 25% of the value of the goods being imported. That's probably why the price increase in Sweden is more than that and probably also covers brokerage fees for customs declarations. My guess on the OnePlus 2? Both those fees are higher due to a more expensive device, thus your price increase was 33.4%.

In the end? It's still better that there's direct sales to Sweden from OnePlus is what I'm saying. Yeah, your price increase is 33.4%... but if you tried ordering from the USA? There's a chance the price could have been higher if you tried to deal with customs & brokerage fees yourself. It is a big gamble though... Sometimes it was cheaper for some people, sometimes it cost a lot more.

Heck, want a better example? Brazil.

http://kotaku.com/5610337/the-playstation-3-launches-in-incredibly-expensive-brazil

Brazil launch price = $1130!!!

USA launch price = $559

Due to Brazil's customs and brokerage fees being rolled into the price of the device? It cost almost TWICE the price as the USA... so yeah, Sweden might not have the best fees for that stuff... but thank your luck for not being in Brazil 49% price increase... that is insane. :P

OUCH!!! Playstation 4 is even worse!!! Those poor bastards... government is totally raping them.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/10/22/239860325/sony-explains-why-its-playstation-4-costs-1-845-in-brazil

Of the $1,845 price, 63 percent goes toward paying import taxes that are imposed on the PlayStation 4 when it's imported to Brazil, Sony says.

Others said that at that price, it could be cheaper simply to fly to the United States, pick up a console, and fly back home with it.

Heyyo,

......................................................... 399€ vs 389$ O---------------------------------------------O?????? WHAT THE HECK???

Groomlake Authority

Heyyo,

From what I see? Import VAT in Sweden is about 25% of the value of the goods being imported. That's probably why the price increase in Sweden is more than that and probably also covers brokerage fees for customs declarations. My guess on the OnePlus 2? Both those fees are higher due to a more expensive device, thus your price increase was 33.4%.

In the end? It's still better that there's direct sales to Sweden from OnePlus is what I'm saying. Yeah, your price increase is 33.4%... but if you tried ordering from the USA? There's a chance the price could have been higher if you tried to deal with customs & brokerage fees yourself. It is a big gamble though... Sometimes it was cheaper for some people, sometimes it cost a lot more.

But the math doesn't work out. the device is 30 dollars more expensive and the VAT is 25%. 25% of 30 is 7.5. So the price in Sweden should have been 37.5 dollars more expensive than the OnePlus One, not 111 dollars like it is now.

No matter how you twist and turn it, the pricing in Sweden doesn't make sense. Not even when you account for the higher base price also increasing the VAT.

Heyyo,

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32GB

UK = £599.99 ($936.85 USD)

USA = $814.99

15% price increase.

......................................................... 399€ vs 389$ O---------------------------------------------O?????? WHAT THE HECK???

399€ = 441.41 US Dollar

so 13% price increase.

... See the trend? It's your import VAT & any customs broker fees. It's not just OnePlus doing it... everyone is. Tell the UK to drop their import VAT & customs brokerage fees if you want no price increase. :P

Heyyo,

... See the trend? It's your import VAT & any customs broker fees. It's not just OnePlus doing it... everyone is. Tell the UK to drop their import VAT & customs brokerage fees if you want no price increase. :P

And Canada. 

"Rawr XD"

Heyyo,

And Canada.

Oh hehe... touché good sir... touché.

That... OR BLACKBERRY NEEDS TO MAKE AN EPIC ANDROID DEVICE FOR CONSUMERS FFS!

I'd be nice to see Blackberry have a consumer-friendly option without the big hit on the wallet as seen with previous generation Blackberry devices. Give Canada a "flagship killer" of its own. :)

Of course, for consumer friendly? Android. BBOS 10? Nah... the average consumer doesn't use that anymore. Besides, they ported BBM to Android nicely... why not build an epic software and hardware package?

Heyyo,

That... OR BLACKBERRY NEEDS TO MAKE AN EPIC ANDROID DEVICE FOR CONSUMERS FFS!

Spiritual successor to the Torch (portrait slider) is coming, and it's supposedly going to run Android

"Rawr XD"

Heyyo,

Spiritual successor to the Torch (portrait slider) is coming, and it's supposedly going to run Android

Yeah I saw that one before... but eh, I'd love to see them combat the OnePlus One in that $400 CAD price range... that Blackberry Leap was not a good device for what consumers want these days as it is a business phone (for a business phone though? It should have had a better camera tbh... I've taken and texted a few pics for work on equipment requests and such).

The Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML with the 1.8GHz processor and 16GB storage costs $100 CAD less than the Blackberry Leap and is more attuned to consumers.

I dunno... maybe their new portrait slider phone could be epic... but it would have to be really priced well depending on what kind of hardware it packs or lacks compared to competitive Android devices on the market.

Heyyo,