multiplier limited at 42 while higher is possible

Go to solution Solved by tomaatvk,

Nevermind, I guess I was just stupid, extremely stupid, I just noticed, after almost 2 years that my cpu is a 3570, not a 3570k, I kinda forgot about the fact that that it wasn't a k because I always ran it overclocked slightly, I guess I'm just gonna continue to run it at my 4.41GHz overclock or something, maybe I'll try to push the multiplier a bit higher.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Hello,

I've been running my I5-3570k at 4.2GHz for a while because that seemed good enough for me but today I wanted to increase it and try to see how far I could go only to notice that I cannot increase the multiplier any further than 42 while I have seen people increasing it at least untill 44 on this motherboard with this cpu.

I am using:

I5-3570k (stock speed 3.4GHz, used to run it at 4.2GHz, currently through the BCLK increased to 4.41GHz)

asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard running the p2.90, latest, bios version

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

deepcool lucifer cpu cooler

16GB ddr3 1600MHz ram

inno3d ichill gtx 970 (overclocked)

corsair cx750 750watt psu

1tb wd black hdd

120gb samsung 840 evo ssd

and some interface devices (usb hubs and an optical drive)

It just won't let me set a multiplier above 42, if I do it in the bios it will just change it down to 42 when I press enter after typing the number, Asrock extreme tuner won't let me put the slider above 42 and cpu-z indicates 42 as maximum multiplier.

62mTnwB.png

Does anyone maybe have any idea how I can increase it further?

(yes, my temps are safe and my voltages are also still not anywhere near high)

Thanks for anyone who would take the time to help me or even take time to read it.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

like I said, if I up the multiplier in the bios by, for example, typing 43 in the place of the multiplier and press enter it just puts 42, no matter what I do, it always lowers it untill it's 42 (I can ofcourse go lower)

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

BIOS should be able to increase it (disable whatever protection you have).

I guess this is ASRock quality ¬¬.

yeah, at the time I bought it I didn't know anything about who has quality so I just bought the cheapest one that had the z77 chipset, I'll go search the bios for any protection that I may still have on

I could not find any protection measures in the bios, I could only find intel speedstep still turned on (although I don't really see a reason for turning it off).

I'll make screenshots of the bios tomorrow.

Nevermind, I guess I was just stupid, extremely stupid, I just noticed, after almost 2 years that my cpu is a 3570, not a 3570k, I kinda forgot about the fact that that it wasn't a k because I always ran it overclocked slightly, I guess I'm just gonna continue to run it at my 4.41GHz overclock or something, maybe I'll try to push the multiplier a bit higher.

Sorry for wasting your time.