performance/price ratio with this build

hi techfans,

I always wanted to buy a gaming pc but i have a really tied budget for it. So thats why i ask you people to help me out with it. So i have a budget of 700 dollars and not even a dollar more. This is what i thought i could take for this price range. 

-G.Skill NT Series 8 Go DDR3 1600 MHz CL11

-Gainward GeForce GTX 960 OC 2048 MB

-FSP RAIDER S650 650W 80PLUS Silver

-ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0

-AMD FX 8320E Black Edition (3.2 GHz)

-LG GH24NSC0 (optic drive)

-Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

-Toshiba PA4291E-1HJ0 1 To

-Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Red LED Windowed

hope you understood what i meant (not an english man) and can help me with my build. Oh and the powersupply you could ask yourself "why 650w?" Because next year i'm gonna get a more powerfull gpu so i don't wanna spend time changing that thing. (lazy)

With kind regards

Tehos

Get a i5 4460 and a H97M board, while the AMD processor won't hold your 960 back it will hold whatever graphic card you buy next back. And also get a r9 280x, it's better bang for the buck than the 960.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

the r9280 would be a better buy, and if you are looking to change gpu in a year maybe look for a second hand gpu?

get a different power supply, get a 80+bronze unit from corsair/seasonic/evga

i've never even heard of fsp raider

Try to squeeze in a SSD, seriously superior performance and will make the entire system a lot snappier. To do so, maybe cut down on the case and remove the HDD. Lastly I think a 500 watt power supply would easily be enough, and still leave some room for some upgrading. And in terms of graphics card I would try to get a AMD 285. If you need some more money, you can also get rid of the cooler and pick it up later.

AMD cpu and Nvidia gpu. You couldn't be in a worse path for a performance/price build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($229.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $683.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 16:22 EDT-0400

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I would go for a 280 and an i3 with a H97 mobo instead

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

i know amd cpu and nvidia gpu isn't the best combination but what you guys don't get is the price of everything i put in that part list it is nearly my whole budget. I already tried to put an i5 4460 but it doesn't fit in the budget and an r9 280x is to expensive in my country maybe an r9 280 would be good but first does it really out performs the gtx 960? Also next year i'm not going to get like an gtx 970 no way i'm going straight to the gtx 980 ti (or amd fury (x)) and change my cpu and mobo.

we were under the assumption that you are in the US, because you gave your budget in dollars. and yes, the 280 will handily outperform the 960.

Try to squeeze in a SSD, seriously superior performance and will make the entire system a lot snappier. To do so, maybe cut down on the case and remove the HDD. Lastly I think a 500 watt power supply would easily be enough, and still leave some room for some upgrading. And in terms of graphics card I would try to get a AMD 285. If you need some more money, you can also get rid of the cooler and pick it up later.

get a different power supply, get a 80+bronze unit from corsair/seasonic/evga

i've never even heard of fsp raider

the r9280 would be a better buy, and if you are looking to change gpu in a year maybe look for a second hand gpu?

Get a i5 4460 and a H97M board, while the AMD processor won't hold your 960 back it will hold whatever graphic card you buy next back. And also get a r9 280x, it's better bang for the buck than the 960.

r9 280 instead of 960

AMD cpu and Nvidia gpu. You couldn't be in a worse path for a performance/price build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($229.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $683.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 16:22 EDT-0400

I would go for a 280 and an i3 with a H97 mobo instead

i know amd cpu and nvidia gpu isn't the best combination but what you guys don't get is the price of everything i put in that part list it is nearly my whole budget. I already tried to put an i5 4460 but it doesn't fit in the budget and an r9 280x is to expensive in my country maybe an r9 280 would be good but first does it really out performs the gtx 960? Also next year i'm not going to get like an gtx 970 no way i'm going straight to the gtx 980 ti (or amd fury (x)) and change my cpu and mobo. Also i'm in a different country so your rig cost me 770 (euros)

i know amd cpu and nvidia gpu isn't the best combination but what you guys don't get is the price of everything i put in that part list it is nearly my whole budget. I already tried to put an i5 4460 but it doesn't fit in the budget and an r9 280x is to expensive in my country maybe an r9 280 would be good but first does it really out performs the gtx 960? Also next year i'm not going to get like an gtx 970 no way i'm going straight to the gtx 980 ti (or amd fury (x)) and change my cpu and mobo. Also i'm in a different country so your rig cost me 770 (euros)

The only thing I can tell you is: don't go for an AMD platform. Even if you have to cheap out a bit on the gpu try squeezing an i5 and a cheap mobo in there.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

what's your country ? 

Belgium in europe if you don't know what it is :P

It looks like you just went to make a list without even learning anything beforehand.

Anyways, I'd go with a i5 4460 with some H97 motherboard.

Instead of a GTX 960, go with an R9 280/280x.

For the PSU, go with something from EVGA.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

It looks like you just went to make a list without even learning anything beforehand.

it looks like but that ain't the case i showed you this rig because a wanted to know other combinations to really see the price/performance ratio. All the combination mentioned in this discussion i already did them but they would not fit in the budget. Experts like on this forum could help me were i need to concentrate my budget and were not.