Is Batman Arkham Knight fixed yet? (sharing news updates here)

randy hutajulu

I can tell you this...it's not playable with a GTX 960.

Funny that I got the game free with this GPU when it is far from capable of running the game.

Lowest settings possible gives me a max of 76 FPS but it dips to 3 FPS and gets stuck there.

Absolutely and completely unplayable here.

The PC I have it on is far from a top shelf gaming PC but a far cry from junk.

It has The Witcher 3 on it and it runs great on high settings and it also plays the Battlefield series on Ultra.

AMD 8320 4.0GHz

ASRock Fatality 970 MB

8GB Ripjaws RAM Dual dual channel

EVGA GTX 960 GPU

Dual Corsair SSDs

Funny that I got the game free with this GPU when it is far from capable of running the game.

Lowest settings possible gives me a max of 76 FPS but it dips to 3 FPS and gets stuck there.

It has The Witcher 3 on it and it runs great on high settings and it also plays the Battlefield series on Ultra.

AMD 8320 4.0GHz

ASRock Fatality 970 MB

EVGA GTX 960 GPU

Dual Corsair SSDs

Get a better card then

Every video looks better on PS4 and Xbone.....   I don't think that's going to change. Fixing the Ambient Occlusion and completely missing rain FX....how long will that take let alone the fps drops...???

I also never saw the gameworks rain FX in game even with people enabling it.

Oh and this runs worse than Witcher 3 hairworks because that has an easy fix. In game ini you can change the tessellation to 4x for weaker Keplars and 8 or 16x for Maxwells. Then boom you got hairworks. The 64x tess was killing all cards even Titans because 64x is ridiculous.

Rocksteady has already patched in the missing rain textures and ambient occlusion. The only problems Im having with the game are the annoying fps drops.

AMD 8320 4.0GHz

ASRock Fatality 970 MB

EVGA GTX 960 GPU

Dual Corsair SSDs

How dare you try to run Batman on a 960 :D.

Funny thing is, I still see them giving away keys for GPU's and people are like... I don't want this game, lol.

And yea I see the patch gameplay finally looks like PS4 footage but more crisp. So +1 there. Funny how they just left it out at first completely hoping no one would notice. FPS still seem rough.

Oh and this runs worse than Witcher 3 hairworks because that has an easy fix. In game ini you can change the tessellation to 4x for weaker Keplars and 8 or 16x for Maxwells. Then boom you got hairworks. The 64x tess was killing all cards even Titans because 64x is ridiculous.

The tessellation fix was only possible on AMD cards with the catalyst control center.

Editing the game files for nvidia users only controlled the antialiasing level of hairworks. That helped a bit but not as much as optimizing the tessellation level.

But overall ya you cannot compare the two games. Hairworks was the only major optimization failure in witcher 3, everything else was mostly well done.

Get a better card then

Nope, don't. 960 is fine. As he said he plays other AAA games smoothly.

He just has to wait until rocksteady releases the fixed build. I'm sure then it will run nicely on his 960.

Get a better card then

The card is 2x faster than an XboxOne it should be more than enough to run it on Ultra.

A 960 can max out Star Wars Battlefront that looks like this:

battlefront_leaked_alpha_tatooine_20.jpg

So it should not have a problem to play a game that looks like this:

833987-batman-arkham-knight-pre-load-auf

RTX2070OC 

^^well said. We need to push developers to ensure that their game code is efficient and makes proper use of the available hardware. Most of the games running poorly on good hardware are not because they are rendering something impossible to do, but because they are not written well enough to utilize the available hardware resources properly and cutout inefficiencies.

A lot of gamers fall for the hype and believe games running slowly is a good thing because they are 'next-gen' and pushing hardware forward etc which is BS... Ubisoft tried to use this defence for assassin's creed unity.

Hhmm what resolution you're playing sir?

I really hope that my 780 can run this on max setting at 1920x1200

I have a 780 and stay at 30-60 fps with everything Ultra.

I have a 780 and stay at 30-60 fps with everything Ultra.

wow.. this is a nice info. thank u so much sir.

is that texture setting has more option rather than normal already?

wow.. this is a nice info. thank u so much sir.

is that texture setting has more option rather than normal already?

I've heard you can set it higher in the .ini file (I haven't tried this myself) but in-game the only options are low and normal.

The card is 2x faster than an XboxOne it should be more than enough to run it on Ultra.

A 960 can max out Star Wars Battlefront that looks like this:

So it should not have a problem to play a game that looks like this:

It's running Battlefront today as a matter of fact  :D

The tessellation fix was only possible on AMD cards with the catalyst control center.

Editing the game files for nvidia users only controlled the antialiasing level of hairworks. That helped a bit but not as much as optimizing the tessellation level.

But overall ya you cannot compare the two games. Hairworks was the only major optimization failure in witcher 3, everything else was mostly well done.

I thought that this was the issue at first but ever since the latest patch, I changed it and the hairworks is on....and I still have decent frames.

I swear it said tessellation = 4x and the hair looks like the AMD cards now...stringy hair. In earlier patches it didn't change the look of the hair as much as this last time and now looks better.

It's running Battlefront today as a matter of fact :D

Is it good? I heard that it doesn't have campaign mode? Is that true??

Is it good? I heard that it doesn't have campaign mode? Is that true??

Really not allowed to say much without getting my Origin account banned.

Yes it's good.

It has a single player mode but I wouldn't call it a campaign.

Honestly, I would have prefered the game did not come out on the PC right away. They should have taken the time they needed to do a proper port, rather than rushing and releasing something that is not complete.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Honestly, I would have prefered the game did not come out on the PC right away. They should have taken the time they needed to do a proper port, rather than rushing and releasing something that is not complete.

yea.. i think the best solution is not to release console and PC version at the same time.

it will be fine if PC version comes out a bit later. but has no porting problem.

Yes it's good.

i need a good single player mode with a good story because i don't play online game that much. i don't have much time for that now.

especially a competitive game such as Battlefield etc. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it's good.

is this game fixed yet? they said august right? damn.. i really want to play this game

the real good part in this story is that the game isn't released on pc in belgium and you guys are complaining about how crappy it is oO

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

the real good part in this story is that the game isn't released on pc in belgium and you guys are complaining about how crappy it is oO

It was released already they just removed it from all sales because it was broken and are re-releasing it at the end of the year.

RTX2070OC 

It was released already they just removed it from all sales because it was broken and are re-releasing it at the end of the year.

End of year?

Didn't they say august? Please.. Don't say that i'm wrong

What the hell is going on? Long time no news on when the fixed version is expected.

The only thing I have heard so far is about interim patches for people who are already stuck with it, and damage control statements from NVIDIA trying to save face after yet another gameworks the way it's meant to stutter disaster.

What the hell is going on? Long time no news on when the fixed version is expected.

The only thing I have heard so far is about interim patches for people who are already stuck with it, and damage control statements from NVIDIA trying to save face after yet another gameworks the way it's meant to stutter disaster.

So, it's not fully fixed yet eh? Geezzz...

How about the texture setting? Is normal still the highest option?

Last update I read from the 17th of July

Update on patch planned for release in August

As an update, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Rocksteady and our partners are targeting an interim patch update for existing players to be released in August. This update will address many of the issues we listed in our June 27 update. We will provide additional details as we finalize that interim patch over the coming weeks.

We would like to thank you for your continued patience and invaluable feedback. We are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues and are driving towards a full update for everyone as quickly as we possibly can.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.