Fury x noise problem and so it continues......

bangbang963

Bought Fury x from retail store called micro center. There is bit of high pitch sound just like reviewer said but not as much as most video but noticeable. When play games or watch video there isn't much.

Here is what i think. I don't think drivers are finalized. Msi afterburner do not even recognize the driver just like amd gaming evolved (Previously known as Raptr). It doesn't provide auto detect driver or what ever. What i have noticed is that when ever the gpu temp reaches like 60+ there is less of high pitch noise but when the temp drops to 55 degrees the pitch starts. If any one else have fury x can some one test it and see it this is the case.

Under full load this card does reach 70 c. From what i have noticed. Played gta 5, The crew, BF4 among all of these crew and BF4 ran smooth. BF4 rank like 140 fps 125 fps dip sometimes but smooth. Gta 5 they need to seriously optimize the driver here. There is spikes all over the place. This was when the settings were set 2 use only 2gb of ram so u guess it.

Previous i have radeon 7870 oc from gigabyte under full load i did hear fan noise a bit and not to mention the heat.

Also should i return this or RMA? Both is a hassle for me. If i RMA will they send me new card before i send mine? Oh the card is from Sapphire by the way.

I'd say return it.

(and get a 980ti)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Got nothing to say about the card but that video is amazing. How many times has it been dubbed for a new thing?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I've never liked water cooling. More moving parts to make noise, and to have a chance of breaking, and in the end it still requires the noise of a fan anyway.

The high pitched sound you will be hearing is from the coolermaster pump. Not much can be said there until later revisions come out and they use a newer coolermaster pump. Drivers, its amd. They are shit at drivers.

Dang bro....your card reaches 70C.... that's sux. My 7850 air cooled reached that. Return that beotch and get the 980 Ti. What is stopping you?

Buy an aftermaket cooler like an NZXT G10 so you can actually control the pump speed.

Or buy a real GPU like the 980Ti

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

70c when gaming? Return that.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Bought Fury x from retail store called micro center. There is bit of high pitch sound just like reviewer said but not as much as most video but noticeable. When play games or watch video there isn't much.

Here is what i think. I don't think drivers are finalized. Msi afterburner do not even recognize the driver just like amd gaming evolved (Previously known as Raptr). It doesn't provide auto detect driver or what ever. What i have noticed is that when ever the gpu temp reaches like 60+ there is less of high pitch noise but when the temp drops to 55 degrees the pitch starts. If any one else have fury x can some one test it and see it this is the case.

Under full load this card does reach 70 c. From what i have noticed. Played gta 5, The crew, BF4 among all of these crew and BF4 ran smooth. BF4 rank like 140 fps 125 fps dip sometimes but smooth. Gta 5 they need to seriously optimize the driver here. There is spikes all over the place. This was when the settings were set 2 use only 2gb of ram so u guess it.

Previous i have radeon 7870 oc from gigabyte under full load i did hear fan noise a bit and not to mention the heat.

Also should i return this or RMA? Both is a hassle for me. If i RMA will they send me new card before i send mine? Oh the card is from Sapphire by the way.

can you try setting a "custom fan profile" and maxing it? 70 deg seems wrong based on what I have seen in reviews... 

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Well the card does ramp straight to 70 c. Was talking abt fan is set in auto  and idle temp is like 31-33 degrees. But more and more i am tempted to return this and get nvidia 980ti. Just returning is a hassle. Take the thing out repackage and stuff.  I am going to first see how much does the fan ramp on heavy gaming loads den set a constant speed and c the temp there. Again the pump noise isn't loud as the videos are showing but still there. Don't know if they provide driver update they can fix this issue. For card that is half of 390x the box is freaking huge. One of the reason its annoying to return. 

Just checked the store if they have 980ti and they are out of stock well the non reference version (evga one). So don't know when they going to restock that. Looks like return this and buy from new egg? Waited so long for the upgrade though. Tired of waiting.

Pic of the rig: http://i.imgur.com/fpdgBTx.jpg

But will post my new experience after setting these new fan settings. 

Current rig:

I5 3570k @ 4.4 ghz  cooled with corsair H100i

8 gb corsair vengence 1600 ram

Radeon fury x 4 gb

Corsair vengence c70 case

120gb ocz vertex 3

500 curcial ssd

1tb WD black 

nothing wrong with a reference designed 980ti, very capable coolers.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

can you try setting a "custom fan profile" and maxing it? 70 deg seems wrong based on what I have seen in reviews... 

You can set a custom fan profile.

-snip-

70c. My Titan X gets to 70c under full load.

Just get a Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming. Return that Fury X.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Yea decided to return this card and get 980 ti. Custom fan or not temp reaches 70 degrees and at 68 degrees my fps goes down. Throttling is real here. 130 fps goes down to 30 fps unplayable in bf4. 

Thinking of getting msi gtx 980 ti what do u guys think? Gigabyte version is out of stock and stores are selling for like 800 dollars. 2 much for me

Yea decided to return this card and get 980 ti. Custom fan or not temp reaches 70 degrees and at 68 degrees my fps goes down. Throttling is real here. 130 fps goes down to 30 fps unplayable in bf4. 

Thinking of getting msi gtx 980 ti what do u guys think? Gigabyte version is out of stock and stores are selling for like 800 dollars. 2 much for me

Throttling on a fully water-cooled GPU?!

There IS something not normal about your R9-FuryX.

Good thing that you returned it. If you prefer NVidia, the counterpart would be a GTX 980 Ti.

$800? Where do you reside? What store / website are you buying the card from?

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

That's probably coil whine. AFAIK coil whine is based on how much power the card is using (and the quality of the power delivery system on the particular card you purchased), not on how hot it is or fan speed. Generally you don't notice coil whine as much at high fan speeds because the noise of the fans, which is lower pitch, drowns it out somewhat.

If it's happening at low temps that's probably what it is. I have that problem on my GTX 760. I can set fans to run at nonstop 100% and there's no coil whine. But I can start up a Furmark and all of a sudden there's a high pitched sound coming from the card, even before fan speeds or temperatures get very high. It can be at 40C and it still happens.

I don't think this is something that drivers can fix.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Do some research on overclock.net if you plan to get a non reference card as sometimes they have screwy settings that stop you from overclocking, e.g. can't raise voltage.

Me personally, I would get the EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid.