Sony Xperia Phones?

IFeaRZz

I need a few of you guys opinions for phones.. 

Currently someone I'm quite close to is debating between the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia M4 

They don't want any other brand as they're quite loyal to the brand.

Just wondering which would be the better option because I've got no idea I know the M4 is newer but the Z1 supports better specs on the sheets.

The lack of possible software support is a big thing for me with the Z1 Compact or I'd suggest that to them all the way but I want a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Technology is a curse... why? Because it's so addictive.

I have the Z Ultra and I love it

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

M4

It's the fact the M4 is plastic which gets me a little ruffled.

The specs also ain't the best it'd seem.

I have the Z Ultra and I love it

I don't think the Z Ultra is available at the moment off the carrier as it's a contract upgrade.

I know, sorry about that but they're buying it tomorrow and need a good audience to basically see about which one to get.

that doesnt matter

you're not allowed to break the forum rules just because you want more people to see your post...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't think the Z Ultra is available at the moment off the carrier as it's a contract upgrade.

I bought the phone off sonys website when it was like 800 dollars, you can buy it now for like 250

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I own the Z2 which is more or less the same as the Z1. Its an amazing phone my only complaint is the glass back on it which isn't that durable.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I own the Z2 which is more or less the same as the Z1. Its an amazing phone my only complaint is the glass back on it which isn't that durable.

Personally I'm swinging them towards the Z1 Compact but the phone providers trying to shove the M4 down their throat.

I've had the Z2, currently got a HTC One M8 & Z3... Both phones are top phones I must say.

I bought the phone off sonys website when it was like 800 dollars, you can buy it now for like 250

That's not too bad the screen is a bit too big however that's the main reason for them having the compact variant of the phone I guess, small hands! 

That's not too bad the screen is a bit too big however that's the main reason for them having the compact variant of the phone I guess, small hands! 

Biggest phone on the market ;)

Personally I'm swinging them towards the Z1 Compact but the phone providers trying to shove the M4 down their throat.

I've had the Z2, currently got a HTC One M8 & Z3... Both phones are top phones I must say.

I really think that you can't go wrong with either option.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Biggest phone on the market ;)

I might have a look into that as a personal phone I'm rocking the HTC One M8 & Z3 personally which mostly I use the M8 for music as the built in 2.5 Watt amp is a beauty for music and the Z3 as a standard usage phone for browsing. :') 

I really think that you can't go wrong with either option.

The only things I like about the Z1 is the screen has better DPI and stuff like that the hardware specs are allot more comfortable considering my phones both use the 801. 

M4 for future software update support and z1 for hardware? :)

Z1 is definitely better than the M4. even the physical attributes, the Z1 will be more durable to wear and scratch than the M4.