a true brick

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Eta on todays vessle video?

Also this one has gsync right? That is cool

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

#NoIntroMusics

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Am i the only one here who is curious to know if i can take the CPU out of this laptop and swap it with the one in my desktop? lol
I dont believe a laptop would really need an i7 and im sure youd probably get better battery life and cooling with a slightly lower powered CPU

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Am i the only one here who is curious to know if i can take the CPU out of this laptop and swap it with the one in my desktop? lol

I dont believe a laptop would really need an i7 and im sure youd probably get better battery life and cooling with a slightly lower powered CPU

Probably not.

Laptop CPU will be soldered on and doesn't have a real socket like you see on desktop mobo's

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

@nicklmg the intro sound is missing from the video

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Depends what you need a laptop for, I routinely use mine for lightroom and premier etc

A laptop of this price and spec is a desktop replacement, so it should do all tasks a high end desktop can do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Linus mentioned the screen is overclockable up to 100Hz.

Does that mean G-Sync works more than 75+Hz?

Also since it has G-Sync does also have ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur or strobe backlight)?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Linus, you know that it is quite a contradiction if you say something like "the LG Freesync is not so good, since it has a narrow ARR window of 45-75 Hz" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1QKx7IDw6Y,

then go on to say "you should target a 45+fps range with your settings anyway since ACC doesn't bring nearly as many benifits under those fps, the difference between G- and freesync is negligible" in this video 

and then say "edge cases are not important to me, you should target a 45-75 fps range with your settings, everything is great" in this last Sager one.

If you change your mind about things, at least make it (more) clear in your videos. Only fools never change their mind. ;) Thanks!

Whats with the video editing quality lately? It seems to have gone down hill if I'm able to notice stuff like missing audio, bad (jittery) b-roll shots and stuff like that. Maybe it's because part of the team went to tiawan (or wherever they went).

Whats with the video editing quality lately? It seems to have gone down hill if I'm able to notice stuff like missing audio, bad (jittery) b-roll shots and stuff like that. Maybe it's because part of the team went to tiawan (or wherever they went).

I guess so, if I'm not mistaken Linus, nick and terran are the only one's at the base currently

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Probably not.

Laptop CPU will be soldered on and doesn't have a real socket like you see on desktop mobo's

actually, every laptop i opened up in my life had a replacable cpu.

(they were all the bulky laptops tho, no netbooks or ultrabooks)

Panel isn't anything special. The Aorus X7 Pro, Clevo P770ZM, Asus G751 and MSI GT72 (non G-Sync models and G-Sync models) all have that specific panel and all of them can easily get to 100Hz using Nvidia Custom Resolution tool. Only difference between G-Sync and non G-Sync models is that the G-Sync models have been approved by Nvidia and therefore have have a license to use G-Sync, the non G-Sync models do not have a G-Sync license (even though they're exactly the same as the G-Sync models) and therefore do not have G-Sync.

Probably not.

CPU isn't soldered on, it's has a normal LGA 1150 socket.

Would probably look something like this (Credit HTWingNut):

http://i.imgur.com/lJPECiF.jpg

Aorus X7 Pro

CPU: i7-4870HQ | GPU: Dual GTX970m 3GB SLI | RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB 1866MHz | HDD: 1TB 5400rpm | SSD: 2 x 128GB mSATA, RAID 0 | Display: 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS (LGD046C) @ 100Hz

Pricing links aren't working.

So many things I could write here... things like this.