Where is The DDR3 DIMM slots on motherboard?

ImExpired

I have only one single RAM, the motherboard user guide states :

" DDR3 memory modules are not interchangeable with DDR2, and the DDR3 standard is not backward compatible. Always install DDR3 memory modules in DDR3 DIMM slots.“

I have 4 memory slots on my motherboard, 2 in Black color and 2 in Blue. They are listed as DIMM 1, 2, 3, and 4 according to the user guide.

Also my monitor shows no signal when I boot my new build PC for the first time. 

I can't find the DDR3 DIMM slot anywhere on neither on the user guide or the mother board. Can someone please help me out???

what motherboard do you have?

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

There's only one kind of slot that the modules will fit into. Should be sorta obvious.

They're typically located right next to the CPU socket on the boards.

The long slots next to the CPU are the RAM slots.

You usually have plug the RAM into the second slot from the CPU.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

what motherboard do you have?

MSI B85-G41

There's only one kind of slot that the modules will fit into. Should be sorta obvious.

They're typically located right next to the CPU socket on the boards.

It fits in every slot, but my monitor still can't detect anything, just showing " No Signal"

It fits in every slot, but my monitor still can't detect anything, just showing " No Signal"

Is you cable plugged in the mobo or the graphics card? Should be plugged into the GPU. Make sure RAM is seated. 

That means your display isn't plugged in properly.

Is you cable plugged in the mobo or the graphics card? Should be plugged into the GPU. Make sure RAM is seated. 

My RAM is Kingstom Hyper Fury 8GB 1866HMz DDR3, and my motherboard product description

• Memory: 4x DDR3-1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Buffered, Max Capacity of 32GB

does the highest 1600 mean the HMz?? that my RAM's 1866HMz have exceeded? would that be a problem?? 

Have you got everything installed?
Main 24 pin power connector, cpu power connector, cpu along with cooler & fan plugged into the mobo cpu fan slot, ram, gpu with power cables connected?
Put you one stick of ram in the black slot closest to the cpu and give her a try.

Should be next to the CPU socket, it looks like this:

NHSQg.jpg

If you have 1 RAM you should stick it anywhere, either blue or black, but when you want to add more RAM put it in the same color (if you put it in black then put the 2nd RAM to the black slot). If you have 4 RAMs, then put them all to the slots.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

My RAM is Kingstom Hyper Fury 8GB 1866HMz DDR3, and my motherboard product description

• Memory: 4x DDR3-1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Buffered, Max Capacity of 32GB

does the highest 1600 mean the HMz?? that my RAM's 1866HMz have exceeded? would that be a problem?? 

No. No problem there.

All RAM slots on the board are for DDR3 memory. Just plug the stick into the first slot to be safe (typically marked A1.) Probably blue.

Are you sure you've connected all the power connectors? The 4 or 8 pin EPS and GPU power connectors are common ones. Maybe make sure your GPU is pushed into the PCIe slot as well?

What happens when you try to turn the computer on? Any fans spinning, beeps, or error codes?

I don't do signatures.

No, that shouldn't be an issue ... the motherboard will just underclock the RAM to 1600 Mhz until you change it. When you install the ram if you have only 1 stick or RAM stick it in the slot labelled DIMM 1 (the blue slot closest to the CPU), but if you have 2 sticks make sure they are in the slots labelled DIMM 1 and DIMM 3 (the blue slots on your MSI board). Do all the fans spin up when you turn on the PC?

AMD FX-6300 3.5 Ghz | Arctic Freezer A11 CPU Cooler | (4x4GB) 16 GB Hyper X Fury DDR3 1866 Mhz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 | Rosewill Glacier 500W PSU | 120 GB Kingston SSD (Windows 7 Boot/Application Drive) | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Windows 10 Boot/Application Drive) | 1 TB Western Digital Blue (Storage Drive) | Bitfenix Neos | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit & Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All slots are DDR3. The DIMM slot numbers are only showing you the order. DDR3 is the third generation of DDR and is a type of memory.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Have you got everything installed?

Main 24 pin power connector, cpu power connector, cpu along with cooler & fan plugged into the mobo cpu fan slot, ram, gpu with power cables connected?

Put you one stick of ram in the black slot closest to the cpu and give her a try.

yes I tried and double check these steps, its all done and connected, all fans are spinning, all lights lighted up, everything seems working except monitor can't detect no signal, I tried 3 monitors. and 2 cables.

What cpu are you using

my CPU is E3 1230 V3 Haswell, is the CPU the problem? but Fans and lights are all working, just the display problems .. :(

No, that shouldn't be an issue ... the motherboard will just underclock the RAM to 1600 Mhz until you change it. When you install the ram if you have only 1 stick or RAM stick it in the slot labelled DIMM 1 (the blue slot closest to the CPU), but if you have 2 sticks make sure they are in the slots labelled DIMM 1 and DIMM 3 (the blue slots on your MSI board). Do all the fans spin up when you turn on the PC?

Yes, all fans and lights are working perfectly. the RAM's module color is black, should I match it in the black slot?? 

my CPU is E3 1230 V3 Haswell, is the CPU the problem? but Fans and lights are all working, just the display problems .. :(

You're connecting your monitor to your graphics card, right? That cpu has no integrated gpu so you can't plug your monitor into your motherboard outputs.

I know it sounds stupid but is the monitor set to display the right thing? Some displays dont auto adjust and you have to set them to dvi/vga/hdmi manually through the menu.

You need a dedicated GPU. For that CPU. It doesn't have on-board display.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

my CPU is E3 1230 V3 Haswell, is the CPU the problem? but Fans and lights are all working, just the display problems .. :(

The CPU has no integrated graphics.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You're connecting your monitor to your graphics card, right? That cpu has no integrated gpu so you can't plug your monitor into your motherboard outputs.

Yes, I plug my monitor to the graphic card through HDMI cable

Xeon processors don't have integrated graphics. It means you have to get dedicated GPU (buy GPU separately), otherwise display won't be shown.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold