Help! My Computer is too fast!

Hey everyone. I've been struggling with this problem for about a month now. What is essentially happening is that all my games are running too fast. When I tried to play Besiege the in game FPS counter was anywhere from 110 FPS to 10,000 FPS. This just makes the game unplayable. This is happening on all of my games including Skyrim. I have tried V-Sync. Re-downloading the games. Re-installing Windows 7. Editing the .ini file. So I know it has to be a hardware problem. I've used memtest86 and the windows memory tool thing. There are no errors reported. I also gave my GPU to a friend and it worked fine in his PC. The problem is also a random thing. Because on random days the games work absolutely fine while other days the games are all broken. There aren't even any updates that occur that could break the games. It is literally random days.

Please Help!!

My parts list is Vishera 6 core 3.5 mhz CPU.

8G of samsung RAM.

an asrock 930DE somthing or other MOBO.

A Nvidia geforce GTX 770.

A 600 watt PSU from corsair.

a cooler master storm enforcer case.

two monitors that I had laying around.

And a couple hard drives I had laying around my house.

I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

I've checked all of the drivers for everything and everything is up to date.

I'll try uploading an example of the broken games to youtube and put a link here.

-Shamus

post-197646-0-48958800-1432665373_thumb.

post-197646-0-28674800-1432665380_thumb.

post-197646-0-60796300-1432665384_thumb.

What? Are you getting screen tearing or? There is no such thing as "too fast".

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Just get 3 4k moniter and play on ultra 4k that should slow It down

And brew failed troll attempt a game at 10,000 FPS would not make it unplayable becase you can't see about 60 or 120 some or whatever FPS is it

Is this post a fucking troll?  There's nothing wrong with having a high fps count, in fact it's good.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

10,000 fps.. 770.

Are you high?

FX-6300 CPU too. :P

Definitely a joke though.

Is this post a fucking troll?  There's nothing wrong with having a high fps count, in fact it's good.

Pretty much this, the only time it may be bad is if your card has coil whine.. then vsync can help eliminate the noise. :P

"Too fast?" Really? And how in the hell are you getting 10k FPS on that setup, it's quite literally not possible.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Vishera CPU too. :P

Definitely a joke though.

SHUT UP! :(

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

#FirstWorldProblems

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Well thank you for all the hate and everything.

this isn't a troll that is what the stupid FPS counter says in besiege.

Maybe if you respond to my statement I could help you out. Elaborate more, how is it "unplayable"? Also, screenshots could do you some justice.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Maybe if you respond to my statement I could help you out. Elaborate more, how is it "unplayable"? Also, screenshots could do you some justice.

@shamus_ftw Screenshots would do more than justice at this point.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

its just a very weird issue. usually anything above 60 fps makes no difference unless you get tearing. what makes it "unplayable"? that may be more helpful. 

its just a very weird issue. usually anything above 60 fps makes no difference unless you get tearing. what makes it "unplayable"? that may be more helpful. 

ermmm?........ Stutter?

sorry about that. I always get called a troll on this site and i snapped. sorry. I posted some screenshots above in the original thing. and it's unplayable because everything is very skippy because my monitor can't keep up. That's my guess. for besiege everything is slowed down and laggy. but for skyrim everything is sped up to an insane speed.

sorry about that. I always get called a troll on this site and i snapped. sorry. I posted some screenshots above in the original thing. and it's unplayable because everything is very skippy because my monitor can't keep up. That's my guess. for besiege everything is slowed down and laggy. but for skyrim everything is sped up to an insane speed.

So stutter not screen tearing. Turn OFF v-sync if you're not getting screen tearing. It usually is the culprit for stutter. Do you have any programs running in the background?

So stutter not screen tearing. Turn OFF v-sync if you're not getting screen tearing. It usually is the culprit for stutter. Do you have any programs running in the background?

no I don't have any programs in the background. and there is no v-sync option for besiege. that I can find anyway.

Games don't run at a speed dependent on your framerate, so skyrim should not be running faster because of your framerates.

Vsync should fix it, but either way download evga precision x and set 60 fps as the target framerate (basically a framerate limiter)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

no I don't have any programs in the background. and there is no v-sync option for besiege. that I can find anyway.

I did some searching around and seems to be your cpu. It might not be able to keep up with the game. Is there any settings you could turn down? 

Also, what is your monitor's refresh rate?

Games don't run at a speed dependent on your framerate, so skyrim should not be running faster because of your framerates.

Vsync should fix it, but either way download evga precision x and set 60 fps as the target framerate (basically a framerate limiter)

would that program work with my nvidia graphics card? and I know it shouldn't make a difference but when the games are broken I can go from first startup where I see the bethesda logo to character creation in about ten seconds. the audio can't keep up with the video either.