Ips vs TN help

Go to solution Solved by i-iZ-tOny,

thanks guys i think im just going to wait to see if any thing comes out similar to the Acer XB270HU (144hz ips) but cheaper, ill invest just in a new gfx card this year. thanks again for all the help, i love the community here :) 

hey guys I currently have a 1080p 27" ips Benq gw2750hm and it has some of the best color and black levels i have ever seen, however i do notice a lot of ghosting and since iv had it for a few years i feel it is time to upgrade. iv been looking into some 1440p TN panels with free sync but the only thing stopping me is what iv heard about TN panels having bad color accuracy. so i was wondering what you guys think. is the color accuracy really that bad and does the higher resolution and refresh rate make up for it? any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

freesync aint good enough yet

wait a year or so

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Monitors are a personal preference. I will never be able to go back to tn. VA and IPS have spoiled me way too much. 

Monitors are a personal preference. I will never be able to go back to tn. VA and IPS have spoiled me way too much. 

Yep this, IPS all the way :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Depends how you use it. I have an AOC i2769vm IPS monitor which I use for gaming. The response time is 5ms (honestly not noticeable unless you do e-sports). The only downside is that it's 1080p, which whilst I find perfect, not many agree with me. TN is no good for above 24" due to the poor viewing angles

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

I have a 28" Hannspree 1920x1200 TN monitor and it does have significant color shift on a dark screen.  I also have a 27" hp IPS monitor and it has no noticeable color shift and much better viewing angles

thanks guys i think im just going to wait to see if any thing comes out similar to the Acer XB270HU (144hz ips) but cheaper, ill invest just in a new gfx card this year. thanks again for all the help, i love the community here :)