Bi Color Led Indicator Mod?

TheModMonster
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

And how would I get these to work my Motherboard? 

I would check with a multimeter first to see if it's the reverse polarity, which I believe it should be since I haven't seen a motherboard with two positive lines for a power LED.

As for doing the replacement that's fairly straight forward, getting a similar or same LED and replacing the one you have in place with some soldering.

Hello! I have the Corsair 300R, and my Power Led Indicator blinks in sleep. Its super annoying. So I went into BIOS and changed it to Dual Color Mode. It disabled the sleep blink because my case doesn't have an extra LED. Just curious, could I make a mod for this? How much would a BiColor Led Power Indicator cost, and is it easy to do? Thanks for any help.

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Hello! I have the Corsair 300R, and my Power Led Indicator blinks in sleep. Its super annoying. So I went into BIOS and changed it to Dual Color Mode. It disabled the sleep blink because my case doesn't have an extra LED. Just curious, could I make a mod for this? How much would a BiColor Led Power Indicator cost, and is it easy to do? Thanks for any help.

They aren't very expensive but usually come in large packs, you can maybe find some individual ones from electronics places.

There are two kinds of bi-color or dual color LED's, ones that have 3 leads, one common Grd wire and two positive lines for each color and a 2 lead version where you have to reverse polarity which I assume is what is on the motherboard.

3 Lead LED:

http://www.amazon.com/Common-Cathode-Green-Light-Emitting/dp/B00NQ6RU9O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_328_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JDMZKCK1FGTEPDNF54E

Reverse Polarity:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-RedGreen-LED-Guide/

They aren't very expensive but usually come in large packs, you can maybe find some individual ones from electronics places.

There are two kinds of bi-color or dual color LED's, ones that have 3 leads, one common Grd wire and two positive lines for each color and a 2 lead version where you have to reverse polarity which I assume is what is on the motherboard.

3 Lead LED:

http://www.amazon.com/Common-Cathode-Green-Light-Emitting/dp/B00NQ6RU9O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_328_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JDMZKCK1FGTEPDNF54E

Reverse Polarity:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-RedGreen-LED-Guide/

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

I would check with a multimeter first to see if it's the reverse polarity, which I believe it should be since I haven't seen a motherboard with two positive lines for a power LED.

As for doing the replacement that's fairly straight forward, getting a similar or same LED and replacing the one you have in place with some soldering.

Ok Thanks! 

dumb question.