Witcher 3: Graphics Fix [color fix]

As you've probably heard, the color pallet for Witcher 3 was changed to a more vibrant yet unrealistic tone. The color changes seem to be one of the most notable changes in the downgrade.

However, I found the best reshade mod that restores the game very close to it's promo colors.

• Wood planks no longer look orange and look greyish-brown like they originally did.
  • Foliage doesn't look peachy and bright, it's a realistic color.
  • Hair doesn't look like a flashlight in dark rooms, it actually seems shaded correctly.
http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Check out benchmarks here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/369625-witcher-3-benchmarks-day-1-patch/

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Already? The game hasn't even been out for a day lol.

I found it within 3 hours of release.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Already? The game hasn't even been out for a day lol.

With the Sweetfx configurator you can test settings and make a profile in a few minutes.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

With the Sweetfx configurator you can test settings and make a profile in a few minutes.

Oh, I've never used sweetfx, I assumed it is a mod, is it like a universal tool?

Oh, I've never used sweetfx, I assumed it is a mod, is it like a universal tool?

Yes.

I don't do signatures.

As you've probably heard, the color pallet for Witcher 3 was changed to a more vibrant yet unrealistic tone. The color changes seem to be one of the most notable changes in the downgrade.

However, I found the best reshade mod that restores the game very close to it's promo colors.

• Wood planks no longer look orange and look greyish-brown like they originally did.
  • Foliage doesn't look peachy and bright, it's a realistic color.
  • Hair doesn't look like a flashlight in dark rooms, it actually seems shaded correctly.
http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Check out benchmarks here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/369625-witcher-3-benchmarks-day-1-patch/

Thanks for this.  What's the expected performance hit?  Does it do anything besides white balance and colour shifts?  If not then should have no performance impact.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Thanks for this.  What's the expected performance hit?  Does it do anything besides white balance and colour shifts?  If not then should have no performance impact.

No performance hit. It just changes the color shift and slightly changes shadows.

how do you use sweetfx???

Read the readme file.

Read the readme file.

that means i'll  have to OVERWRITE some of the files... what if i don't like it? how do I roll it back to the original settings?

No performance hit. It just changes the color shift and slightly changes shadows.

Just tried it.  I'm not sure how much I like it though.  It's definitely more detailed, but has this over-sharpening thing going on a bit.  Has a high-ISO look to it, got a bit of digital noise.  The world looks like a post-nuclear wasteland now :D  Might stick with it though xD

Here's some comparison shots (DSR to 1440P for easier viewing and zooming :P )

http://imgur.com/a/x1nSJ

First image is before, 2nd image is after.

IT BROKE THE GAME dammit

There's no overwriting at all...

Edited by Samfisher

I really like it! :)

EDIT: I'm using 80% digital vibrance as well so mid-day it looks a bit to much sometimes but I'm to lazy to turn it down to 50% again xD

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Just tried it.  I'm not sure how much I like it though.  It's definitely more detailed, but has this over-sharpening thing going on a bit.  Has a high-ISO look to it, got a bit of digital noise.  The world looks like a post-nuclear wasteland now :D  Might stick with it though xD

Here's some comparison shots (DSR to 1440P for easier viewing and zooming :P )

http://imgur.com/a/x1nSJ

First image is before, 2nd image is after.

There's no overwriting at all...

it said "Simply copy all the files and move them into the following directory:

C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\"
 this action overwrote some of the game files. i'm re installing it right now

There was no overwriting for me and it worked like a charm!

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

There was no overwriting for me and it worked like a charm!

how then? help me.

Yes you copy the files into the directory, but there are only 5 files and the 5 files don't exist in the folder anyway.

EDIT: I'm using 80% digital vibrance as well so mid-day it looks a bit to much sometimes but I'm to lazy to turn it down to 50% again xD

how do you turn this down?

how do you turn this down?

Some one already dubbed a fake video that describes what many people think happened perfectly. Consoles happened.

(not sure what the original video is from though)

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW