GPU to outperform my 560ti and use less power?

sleepy_steve

Pretty simple, I'm wondering what GPU's out there would use less power than my current 560ti, but also out perform it, for under $150.

It needs to drive 3 displays, two are DVI, one is HDMI... Onboard GPU is having trouble with helping out on the third display, I need to do some more research into why on that one. 

can you use used or does it have to be new? how much pwr did ur 560ti use?

A GTX 960 4GB perhaps? (I've personally found 2GB of vRAM to be barely adequate for 1080p).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

A GTX 960 4GB perhaps? (I've personally found 2GB of vRAM to be barely adequate for 1080p).

the 960 is $200. he said something around 150 so i am asking him can he buy second hand?

GTX 960 uses 1x6 pin connector (Seriously impressive) and it has 2GB or 4GB depending on your price range. 

This card starts around $200 but i would try to save $50 because the price to performance of this card is really amazing. 

a 970 uses equal or less power (not overclocked) and performs WAY better

for $150 though a 750ti performs a bit better and uses half the power

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the 960 is $200. he said something around 150 so i am asking him can he buy second hand?

I missed that, a 960 wouldn't do then.

PMSL

the r9 280 is a solid choice to replace your card or a used 770 if you can find one. not sure about pwr consumption but it should be fine

The R9 270X would be the best option in terms of price to performance.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

1. 270, slightly lower power consumption and better performance. 

2. 760, slightly lower consumption, better performance than 270, more expensive.

3. 280, similar power consumption, better performance than 270, 3GB, can find new one as low as $160.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Really, can you please elaborate?

Aka, use all of it frequently and have my 650 ti start using system memory.

PMSL

Aka, use all of it frequently and have my 650 ti start using system memory.

I don't believe the framerate is anywhere near 60fps with those settings, at all. Nor do I believe this is in all games either.

I don't believe the framerate is anywhere near 60fps with those settings, at all. Nor do I believe this is in all games either.

I use all of the vRAM frequently. I didn't say in all games. And FYI, GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB with a +150MHz overclock running games at 900p. Granted it didn't maintain a steady 60fps, but the vRAM going over 2GB is the main reason I bought a GTX 970.

PMSL

I use all of the vRAM frequently. I didn't say in all games. And FYI, GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB with a +150MHz overclock running games at 900p. Granted it didn't maintain a steady 60fps, but the vRAM going over 2GB is the main reason I bought a GTX 970.

I'm sorry but I believe that is user competence, not the 2GB card's fault. I never had issues with 2GB on 1080p, in fact i'm still playing my games just fine at 1440p on a 960.

I'm sorry but I believe that is user competence, not the 2GB card's fault. I never had issues with 2GB on 1080p, in fact i'm still playing my games just fine at 1440p on a 960.

You mustn't max out all settings then, because mine gets hammered-and I know for a fact that the issues I have are from vRAM usage because I keep track of it when overclocking, and as soon as it hits 2GB of usage the fps plummets.

PMSL

Wow, thanks for all the input. It gives me a few models to keep an eye on. Thanks all!

can you use used or does it have to be new? how much pwr did ur 560ti use?

Yes I think used is ok. Not sure what my 560ti would sell for to offset cost further, but it'd be better than nothing. 

It looks like it pulls 170w max from the GeForce spec on their site. 

I've been getting by with less than 2gb forver (1gb on the 560ti and 512 on an old 9800gt). So either way would be better. 

GTX 960 uses 1x6 pin connector (Seriously impressive) and it has 2GB or 4GB depending on your price range. 

This card starts around $200 but i would try to save $50 because the price to performance of this card is really amazing. 

Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for them I guess. 

a 970 uses equal or less power (not overclocked) and performs WAY better

for $150 though a 750ti performs a bit better and uses half the power

Hmm, hard to justify the cost of the change if the performance is too similar. 970 uses equal or less power relative to a 960 or compared to the 560ti?

Hmm, hard to justify the cost of the change if the performance is too similar. 970 uses equal or less power relative to a 960 or compared to the 560ti?

compared to a 560ti

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020