Build suggestions!

Hello Linustechtips forum! 

I request advice and suggestions from you guys about planning to build my very first pc.

I live in Sweden and the build im planning will mostly be used for gaming, I would like the system to be able to handle games like GTA V, Witcher 3, Dragon age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, Skyrim with HD mods fairly well at 1080p. I will also play soft games like League of Legends though but I would really like to jump over to other games. (My current computer is having problems handling League of Legends at max settings).

I will be using only one monitor and I don't need any peripherals included in the budget. 

My budget will range from 700 to 900 $US, going a couple of bucks past 900 isnt that dangerous, and I will have the possibility to save up for something although I prefer not to.

What is the best bang for the buck?

If I've broken any rules, be sure to let me know please!
^_^Thanks in beforehand ^_^

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($120.95 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($47.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($324.99 @ Directron) 

Total: $917.87

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-06 14:33 EDT-0400

2TB because games are big nowadays. You can always use W10TP if you need an OS.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Have @Swegly buy you a GTX 970 while he is in Cali, he lives in Sweden as well

Links on a local store and your country's budget would be much appriciated.

I am sorry, here you go: 

http://www.inet.se/

http://www.netonnet.se/

The price will range from 5900 - 7500 Swedish Crowns (SEK)

Do you need an OS in the budget?

No I don't.

Have @Swegly buy you a GTX 970 while he is in Cali, he lives in Sweden as well

That sounds very far fetched, don't you think? Considering that I don't know him at all and even if I were to commit to that suggestion I would like a little more information about him/the deal you're suggesting

That sounds very far fetched, don't you think? Considering that I don't know him at all and even if I were to commit to that suggestion I would like a little more information about him/the deal you're suggesting

(It was a joke)

(It was a joke)

Ah, sorry.  :lol:

Hello Linustechtips forum! 

I request advice and suggestions from you guys about planning to build my very first pc.

I live in Sweden and the build im planning will mostly be used for gaming, I would like the system to be able to handle games like GTA V, Witcher 3, Dragon age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, Skyrim with HD mods fairly well at 1080p. I will also play soft games like League of Legends though but I would really like to jump over to other games. (My current computer is having problems handling League of Legends at max settings).

I will be using only one monitor and I don't need any peripherals included in the budget. 

My budget will range from 700 to 900 $US, going a couple of bucks past 900 isnt that dangerous, and I will have the possibility to save up for something although I prefer not to.

What is the best bang for the buck?

If I've broken any rules, be sure to let me know please!

^_^Thanks in beforehand ^_^

You could easily buy a fairly capable gaming machine that uses a 4670k, and possibly a gtx 970 (the i5 is around 1500kr for me in norway, and the 970 is around 3500 kr)

with that setup, you could also get away with a lower wattage psu like 600W

(these prices are komplett.no, and the Swedish prices should not be too different)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

No I don't.

Edited my post.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($120.95 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($47.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($324.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $917.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-06 14:33 EDT-0400

2TB because games are big nowadays. You can always use W10TP if you need an OS.

NCIX, Directron and Newegg doesn't ship to Sweden I believe.

I can't seem to find RAM on that site http://www.inet.se/

could you please tell me where i can find it?

I can't seem to find RAM on that site http://www.inet.se/

could you please tell me where i can find it?

Datorkomponenter > Internminnen > Till stationära

You could easily buy a fairly capable gaming machine that uses a 4670k, and possibly a gtx 970 (the i5 is around 1500kr for me in norway, and the 970 is around 3500 kr)

with that setup, you could also get away with a lower wattage psu like 600W

(these prices are komplett.no, and the Swedish prices should not be too different)

It's very interesting how you found a 4670k for around 1500 NOK, can you please link me because the item doesn't even exist on the Swedish version of the komplett website

It's very interesting how you found a 4670k for around 1500 NOK, can you please link me because the item doesn't even exist on the Swedish version of the komplett website

oh my bad, it appears that the 4670k has been replaced by the more expensive 4690k on most of the sites I looked at (around 2100kr on komplett.no and dustinhome.no)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd