Jay gets 3 Titan X's but Linus only 1?

CoolaxGaming

stupid thread is stupid

:(

IIRC in his video about these, Jay got one review unit, but bought his Titans himself. Sooooo I don't see the problem?

Jay said he got all 3 from a sponsorship

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Nvidia said "No"

They didnt say that the cards were out of stock

Did Linus ever say why they said no. Because I highly doubt they would think that would be a waste or just say no because. They had a reason and I am pretty sure Jay mentioned it was because they didn't have more review samples. Also think no can be for many reasons

All you need is persuasion (look at my sig)

Did Linus ever say why they said no. Because I highly doubt they would think that would be a waste or just say no because. They had a reason and I am pretty sure Jay mentioned it was because they didn't have more review samples. Also think no can be for many reasons

I am pretty sure a guy like Linus would tell us the reason if they gave him a reasonable reason...

I am pretty sure a guy like Linus would tell us the reason if they gave him a reasonable reason...

Check the WAN show archive, if there was a reasonable reason it would be there. Also I don't think they would just tell him no for no reason.

Its because Jay made a big deal about never getting any GPU's from Nvidia and he made that video about them being too expensive and so they sent him 3 Titans.

That way he cant complain about them being expensive, because he got 3 of them for free.

Hello!

I just wanted to know, after seeing Jayz Skunkworks V3 videos, he mentioned something about 3 Titan X's. Than in todays video, he mentioned that those Titan X's were provided by Nvidia...

And, he got these cards because he wanted them is his personal rig...

Cool eh?

BUT

Linus was planning to do a 5k benchmark, which would be better publicity for Nvidia, and they refused to send him even 2?

Is there something that I am missing?

Doesent Linus also have more dialy views and total subscribers?

Than why did Nvidia give Jay 3 titan x's for something like a personal rig and not to Linus, who just wanted to test em?

NOTE: Guys, lets be civil, dont turn this into a flame war, or mods will lock this

In a previous video im sure he said evga provided them not nvida them selfs

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

The best part about this thread is that nobody mentioned that Jay said in his latest Tech Talk that he's getting a 4th card in a few weeks. And I'm pretty sure Linus couldn't get his 2nd card from Nvidia because he asked for it his cards well in advanced

Nvidia, no doubt, watches Linus' videos. We have all seen what Linus can do with expensive items, for example...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjrmFUgDQYThat's a lot of cashiola there to be handing over to ole butterfingers!  :D

CPU: Intel 3570K @ 4.2GHz Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45  RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 GPU: Gigabyte 7850  Case: Corsair 600T Storage: Kingston 128GB(OS) WD 2TB and 320GB

PSU: Coolermaster EX2 625W Display: BenQ G2420HDB Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Microsoft 4000 Ergo Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M6800 Sound: Logitech 2.1 Operating System: Windows 7

@CoolaxGaming

Jay asked for his Titan x's way before linus asked for his titan x, thus jay got his eventually whereas linus didn't recieve his when all the paying orders came in. 

Nvidia knows that Jay wont drop them.... ;)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Jay and EVGA have some kind of "thing" going on so there is no surprise that he was able to procure 3 Titan X cards. The guy runs 3-way surround and If you watch his videos he mentions that even 4GB is not a lot of VRam for 3 Display surround at 1080p. If He's thinking of doing 1440p or (unlikely even for Jay) 4K surround, 12GB of VRam and the horsepower of three Titan X cards seems appropriate.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Linus got two 18-core xeons, so I guess we can't complain ^^ besides they already got 6-7 titan blacks for the whole room watercooling project, nvidia can't just send them three of their highest end cards every time a new version is out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i remember jay saying that he asked a long time ago and linus probably didnt do it early enough, its not that big a deal anyway he didnt have a 690 either he missed the appointment due to his son's birth so i thinks its just a first come first serve type of deal otherwise you buy it and i dont think lmg wants more unneeded expenses since they are going to sink alot of money into the new office

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

^This. 

Does it really matter? lol

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

^This. 

Does it really matter? lol

Who cares?

The 13 year old Linus dick riders care.....

I am in no way trying to insult Linus here, I am just saying that some (SOME. NOT ALL, SOME.) of his followers aren't very intelligent and agree with everything he says....

I am in no way trying to insult Linus here, I am just saying that some (SOME. NOT ALL, SOME.) of his followers aren't very intelligent and agree with everything he says....

lol yeah kinda :D

Thats why i dont realy care about LTT lol.

TS is my main community.

Dude who cares

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Sir, take that back or I will report you.

But then again you are an Australian so nothing penetrates your thick head.

I just wanted to know.

lolwhut, are you seriously Threatning people?

I remember reading a tweet by Jay saying he asked for his cards before Linus and they where the rest of the review samples I think.

NVIDIA sponsors Jay, the more NVIDIA fart sfx Jay plays in his weekly Tech Talk with Jerry, the more TitanX points he gets from NVIDIA. 100 TitanX Credits = 1 TitanX. So Jay has played over 300 fart sfx noises. It's well known that Linus has only played less than 100 during the WAN show and but NVIDIA felt bad for him so they sent him one Titan only. Linus tried to throw his $$$ at NVIDIA but they refused becuz tha would make the TitanX pay 2 win.

The sound FX Jay plays to sponsor NVIDIA's are relative to their PhySX hardware which is next gen and is here: and comes with the Tit'nX card:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now seriously, why does it matter? What's the point of speculating on this, trying to dig up some NVIDIA favoritism conspiracy? Maybe Linus requested review samples too late, or messed up some part of the request process, maybe Jay knows someone at NVIDIA, we'll never know, and quick frankly it's not something we'd ever need to know.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set