Skyrim graphics mods and question

sgtcool

i just got skyrim for 3€ on the steam sale and its awesome! i played the whole night till 6am without even realizing xD

i downloaded the HD DLC and now im downloading the 2k/4k texutres , (the most downloaded mod on nexus)

and the fps limitier mod (limits my fps to 55,for some reason, vsync off)

so what graphical mods do you recommend?

what mods should i install?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

if you have the horsepower, enb is a good one.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The next thing you wanna start with is some ENB and lighting mods. 

Check this out: 

Mods list in description^

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

if you have the horsepower, enb is a good one.

i think i have but 2GB vram might be an issue

and what is "ENB"?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-snip-

You can install some ENB mods (lighting mods)

I would recommend picking out a few and trying them and just seeing what you like the most.

You should also get 'Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys' on the Nexus. Makes it so you can press your number keys and it automatically changes what spells/weapons you have in your hand.

SkyUI and SKSE are must haves, but I guess you will download those either way.

Some body replacer like CBBE or UNP is helpful (since many armor mods need that).

I would recommend some eye replacers too (like natural and true eyes) and some face mods (like "Soft face textures for females" and "No more blocky faces"). Makes it look nicer.

And by the way, I would highly recommend Mod Organizer. Makes your world much easier.

Hope this helped you :) Be sure to ask me some stuff if you need help.

EDIT: you should get the Unofficial patches too. They are a few of the most downloaded/endorsed mods on the Nexus too.

Only get the regular one if you don't have the DLC's

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you can also mod in some followers along with the follower overhaul, you can get some pretty interesting side characters 

BssBWGh.jpg

88vt5Ui.jpg

Get some grass mods, as well as lighting overhauls, plus an ENB and 4k textures should get you something like this

post-88470-0-03999800-1430060470_thumb.j

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

snip

hmm the mods ive installed dont work,the dont show up in the plugins tab in nexus mod manager, and i cant update them either.

if i go to nexuss mod folder the mods are also in .rar files (or 7z ,unextracted) any ideas?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hmm the mods ive installed dont work,the dont show up in the plugins tab in nexus mod manager, and i cant update them either.

if i go to nexuss mod folder the mods are also in .rar files (or 7z ,unextracted) any ideas?

Must say I have never used Nexus Mod Manager.

Using Mod Organizer now.

Mods you download from the Nexus are .rar/.zip/.7z files, but at least Mod Organizer has to extract those to be able to show them in game..

Not sure what you can about it though.. You can try to set Skyrim up with Mod Organizer (I use that and I can recommend it)

You can even set it up so when you press the "DOWNLOAD (NMM)" on Nexus, it downloads it to Mod Organizer.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The mods I recommend aside from lighting and texture are: (In parenthesis are the specific mods I use)

Grass mods (Lush Grass)

Flower mods (HD Plants and Herbs)

Water mods (Pure Waters)

Snow mods (Dynamic Snow)

Night sky mods (I only use Vibrant Auroras now but I used to use a star one as well)

Blood Mods (Enhanced Blood Textures)

Fire mods (Better Embers)

Some other mods I'd highly recommend that aren't really graphics mods are:

The Towns and Villages Enhanced series, they add more flora to the towns to make them look prettier.

Some types of wildlife mods, I use a couple that add flocks of birds and more things like foxes running around in the wild.

A map mod, get something with better road detail and more/clearer markers, the default Skyrim map is terrible.

Sounds of Skyrim series, adds more sounds to make the world seem more alive.

And of course, SKSE and SkyUI

still doesnt work,doesnt show up in data, the 2k textures mod

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Food for thought http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/320805-morrowindskyrim-modding/

If you get ENBoost it could help push the limits of what you could otherwise expect with 2GB of VRam

P.S. Stop and get Mod Organizer now before you get more mods.

Hmm, never heard of that one, I've used nexus for most of my mods for supported games.

What's so special about mod org?

Hmm, never heard of that one, I've used nexus for most of my mods for supported games.

What's so special about mod org?

you'd still be using the nexus site to get mods, it's an alternative, and more popular, mod organizer to nexus mod manager.

The biggest thing more me is that the mods do not get installed into your skyrim files.  It comes with loot and you have the ability to attach other tools (wyrebash, tesvedit, boss, FNIS, save cleaner/editor in my case) for easy access.

Enabling and disabling mods are WAY easier and much safer with MO than NMM(or when last I used it).  multiple profiles that track which mods you use for which characters, though I'm pretty sure NMM does that now too :citation needed:

I'd post a screenshot of mine but it would violate coc many times over (due to the accuracy of my forum title) unless pretty much completely blurred out, and you'd be far better off with gopher than myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZQpzf_iAE&list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK <-- Gopher

(I do however disagree with gopher in beginners should take a particularly greater degree of caution when using it to mod skyrim, any more than one "normally" should)