Gaming pc for ultra setting with some multitasking

I'm looking gaming pc that will last next 4 years without upgrading barely anything, maybe new graphics card in few years.

I want to game at 1440p in someday in the future (maybe end of the summer?).

I also do some electronic circuit simulations and PCB designs, but the simulation software uses only 25% of my current i5-2500k (3,8 GHz OC),

even thou this isn't my main concern, I would like to run some simulation on background while I play some games (some simulations can take really long).

(Software is Multisim, was the one I got for free) I know back in the day Multisim could use only one core, testing now one core spikes high, 3 others rise a bit

And might do some 3d designing in the future (I don't remember the software we use, but in work they use 4-core CPU's for that). 

Budget about: 1500-2800€

My list what I have thought:

-CPU: AMD FX-8370 processor

Noctuan NH-D14 cooler

-MOBO: MSI 970 gaming

-RAM: Kingston Fury 1600 MHz 16GB (2*8GB)

-Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB SSD *2 (RAID-0)

-GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix

-Case: Cooler master Silencio 550

-PSU: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold

I have external 1TB HDD and PCI-E Intel 910 400GB SSD (got the ssd almost for free, don't ask me where they made me swear an oath of secrecy)

Because of the expensive PCI-E ssd I need one x8 slot for that.

Here's what I'm wondering AMD or Intel CPU?

Should I go for i7-4790k? or i5-4670k or for the ADM FX-8370?

Taking under consideration about future applications..

Also switching to intel CPU need switch MOBO so if anyone has decent z97 mobo in mind

that can run 1 gpu and that pci-e ssd that would be awesome.

About the case; I'm not big on aesthetics, I really don't care what it looks like.

That works for every part of the system, only thing I want is that it  works without any hick-ups

Ou yeah I live in EU

For multi tasking get the I7.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The i5 would be better than the 8370, let alone the i7. having 8 physical cores is cool, but when the single threaded performance is not very good, and thats what most applications, games need. you would be better served by the intel side.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I'm looking gaming pc that will last next 4 years without upgrading barely anything

That is the most uncertain thing ever. The only futureproofing that exists is buying new technologies, like DDR4 + X Chipsets, and G- or Free-sync for example.

Here's what I'm wondering AMD or Intel CPU?

Should I go for i7-4790k? or i5-4670k or for the ADM FX-8370?

For CPU's, AMD is better for budget builds. If you want better performance per core, Intel is the way too go.

Also switching to intel CPU need switch MOBO so if anyone has decent z97 mobo in mind

that can run 1 gpu and that pci-e ssd that would be awesome.

Almost any motherboard of ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte or Asrock will fulfill your needs. make sure there are enough PCI-E slots though.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Well my thoughts about x99 chipset and DDR4 is basicly DDR4 will be last DDR memory that we will see and upgrading to that

for me at least seems to complete waste. I wouldn't gain too much performance for my system. But that is for me and my thoughts only.

But what about these changes:

-CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3

-mobo: MSI Z97-GD65 GAMING