China to install 3D printers in all its 400,000-plus primary schools

replicator-feature.jpg

China, putting money towards the future in a way thats actually pretty damn cool and innovative. 3D printers are going to be a thing so why not introduce them to kids at a young age and let them learn. IMHO, a 3D printer might as well be a household appliance in the near future, with what you'll be able to print for home use. 

Something I wish more North American schools invested in; stuff that matters. 

China appears to be heading towards a 3D-printed future after sources from within the government revealed that, over the next two years, the country is to offer each of its 400,000-plus primary schools a 3D printer.

In a country where production of goods is the highest in the world by a considerable margin, this would appear to show that the government has intentions of overtaking many of the other world’s most powerful nations in terms of their youth education.

According to 3DPrint.com, the news of China’s ambitious project came after the CEO of the Kinpo Group, Simon Shen, which is the parent company of the 3D printing company XYZ Printing, confirmed the project was underway over the next two years.

If true, this programme will almost double the previous estimate figure curated by Gartner, which expected just more than 217,000 3D printers to be shipped in 2015.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/item/41566-china-to-install-3d-printer

Will that's nice.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I can imagine children testing out new fillings  :P

Chocolate... then I would buy a 3D printer.

On topic: 

It's good to see what they'll do with this. Good that they're stepping into tech.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

I dont think its that useful since I dont think that domestic 3d printers will ever be a thing since it takes times to create models and to print also

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

I dont think its that useful since I dont think that domestic 3d printers will ever be a thing since it takes times to create models and to print also

Wait, they won't catch on because it takes some time?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I was looking at getting a XYZ printer. they are about 500 usd I believe. 

I think they would be better in high schools. we have 3 makerbots, and a scanner.

They produce lots of ABS rolls so they won't run out of plastic rolls :P

This is a signature.

Eh, I can think of a myriad of uses.

For parents, it could be a lot cheaper than buying lego sets... 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

So is this why the US won't sell em processors? So they are unable to 3d print nukes in elementary schools?

Damn that plan was so brilliant!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wait, they won't catch on because it takes some time?

What I meant is that it takes effort and time to create stuff using 3d printers and I dont think people will change their leisures and the time they reserve for it in order to print something since I dont think it would be neither leisure nor hobby for most people. I am not saying it wont get popular but I dont think the need for 3d printing skills among an entire population is required in this moment in time.

Eh, I can think of a myriad of uses.

For parents, it could be a lot cheaper than buying lego sets... 

''Not useful'' might of been an exageration but I think it is too early, like I just mentionned in the other quote, for it to be implemented.

Also, another thing that needs to be mentionned is that I dont think that within the next 10 years companies will start selling 3d print models for use by consumers. Talking about your example about Lego. Even though people will be able to produce the blocks needed to build stuff, a big part of the craziness about legos is  due to the fact that inside a lego box, there is everything someone needs to build something specific: blocks and instructions. Do you really think that people will stop wanting instructions for legos.

Plus, I dont think accesible 3d printers are good enough right now to not require retouching such as sanding which is really time consuming.

I think such implementation will be relevant when some big companies start selling models and others will start following the band wagon, and when they require less user attention.  I am not talking about companies or sites like thingiverse that are mostly used by hobbyists, it really needs to be pushed by daring big companies (the word daring is not the word I was searching for but I suppose you get it).

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things