GTX 770 2GB SLI vs 970

Overkilled

770's will give better performance in games that scale reasonably well, but even at 1080p 2gb is not enough. I'd go 970 as you'll also get less noise, heat and power consumption.

770's will give better performance in games that scale reasonably well, but even at 1080p 2gb is not enough. I'd go 970 as you'll also get less noise, heat and power consumption.

really so cards like the 960 are already obsolete

The 970 for sure. It has more vram and won't have scaling issues, not to mention lower temps and lower power consumption.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

No, they're just budget cards. They're good for the money, but you can still do better.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

A single 970, dual-gpu scaling is generally awful.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

The 970 for sure. It has more vram and won't have scaling issues, not to mention lower temps and lower power consumption.

According to tech of tomorrow 2 770s are better than a titian

No. The difference is that 770 SLI would effectively give you a really powerful GPU with a pitiful amount of vram, whereas the 960 is a pretty weak GPU in comparison and its vram is appropriate for what the GPU itself is capable of.

Yes, two 770s are more powerful than a Titan... IF the game supports SLI which not every game does. Here are the games Nvidia choses to showcase for SLI. If it isn't here then support is mediocre for that game. In which case you effectively have only a single 770 as the other will be idle. The single 970 will perform like a single 970 regardless of SLI support since it is a single gpu.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/sli

Not yet but the 2GB of VRAM on it will become a limiting factor sooner then the 3GB VRAM on the similarly-powerful R9 280

"Rawr XD"