Are these two Graphics card good for gaming

Youbetternot

My Laptop came with the radeon HD 7670m and the average intel HD graphics 4000

Will it be good to run both of these graphic cards?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

what do you mean "will it be good to run both these cards?" And you're better off using the HD 7670m than the IGPU. The intel graphics aren't a card they are integrated part of your CPU's architecture and aren't very high in performance, always go discrete over integrated when it comes to gaming performance.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I think the 7670m should be good, does it have dedicated v-ram? also what res is it. and for the HD 4000, I have that on my desktop and its not terrible but I wuld use the 7670m.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

You cant run both at the same time.

Many laptops now run "Switchable" graphics.

The way it works is, in idle modes and low gpu usage scenario's (youtube/media playback) you will be using the HD4000, apon more GPU USAGE Required, it will use its "switchable" graphics and enable the 7670 giving you more grunt for the task. IE: Gaming.

Having it use the HD4000 at idle times and of low usage, will save you some battery life.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They are decent slightly above average cards. People will tell you they are rubbish but they arent. They arents the best but buy friggin far not the worst. You can play many games on max settings and even more without AA. Dont expect crysis 3 to run well on it however.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

what do you mean "will it be good to run both these cards?" And you're better off using the HD 7670m than the IGPU. The intel graphics aren't a card they are integrated part of your CPU's architecture and aren't very high in performance, always go discrete over integrated when it comes to gaming performance.

Wow now take it slowly, its clear that this guy has less knowledge in the subject then you, try to explain so that you can correct him without sounding rude and so that he learns from his mistake instead of confusing him. Well it could be a her i dunno.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

that amd card is fine but dont use hd4000 for gaming.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Making sure you use the 7670, you will be able to run most game fine, perhaps not at extremely good details, but definately decently enough.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Intel HD graphics are usually used for casual games, you'll need to turn on the hd 7670 for better performance

gpuinactionaferwards_01.jpg

HD4000 - Save Battery Life

7670m - Higher Performance

Seeing as youtube and most media run off HD4000's fine, only select your Game.EXE's for the list...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wow now take it slowly, its clear that this guy has less knowledge in the subject then you, try to explain so that you can correct him without sounding rude and so that he learns from his mistake instead of confusing him. Well it could be a her i dunno.

i didn't mean it that way at all, now that i re read what i wrote i get how it could sound that way. Sorry about that.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yea I have the switchable graphics feature. I only get 60-70 fps on league on low and benchmark, But on FPS I can run high quality with no problem

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

The 7670m is fine for general laptop use.  Its no gaming powerhouse of course but it will game fine at lowered settings...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

The 7670m is much faster than the integrated intel HD graphics, while gaming or doing any GPU intensive workloads your computer will automatically use the 7670m.

Not really, you need to set them .exes' in CCC to use High-performance or Power-Saving GPU so it will automatically switch to the GPU when u run the program.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Not really, you need to set them .exes' in CCC to use High-performance or Power-Saving GPU so it will automatically switch to the GPU when u run the program.

No need to go into CCC, you can do this by clicking on the battery logo on the windows start menu task bar, in the bottom right corner of the screen.

I usually set it up so that when the laptop is plugged in it will automatically use my graphics card & when the laptop isn't it will automatically use the integrated graphics.

No need to go into CCC, you can do this by clicking on the battery logo on the windows start menu task bar, in the bottom right corner of the screen.

I usually set it up so that when the laptop is plugged in it will automatically use my graphics card & when the laptop isn't it will automatically use the integrated graphics.

Oh, you meant global setting. Yeah you could do that too, but in my case i want to use my iGPU for Chrome, Splash player and a few more programs even when plugged in, so i need set it manually.   :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |