GTX 970 Owners Club

hey guys, i'm pretty new in PC hardware, was thinking of upgrading my current PC with a 970. problem is I have an i3-3220 as a CPU and was wondering if this would be a bottleneck? thanks in advance for any advice!

Got a 970 G1 myself and lovin it! *-*

Made it to a stable 1560 on the core only but iirc i didnt even overvolt. I gotta check some OC'ing out again ^^

i'm also planning on some SLI but not sure yet.

Edit: I'm actually at 1560 and not 1460mhz core clock. lol

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

It was unstable, but not the memory, the already not so fantastic for clock was unstable so I lowered it to 160 and the memory to 600 just in case. This was completely stable.

My 970 has this amazing feature, you might of heard of it?

It's called Coil Whine

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

How high can I set the Core Voltage on my GTX970 without risking to fuck anything up? Never increased the Core Voltage on a Graphics Card while overclocking. I can get it up to +87.

Ironically I own a GTX 970

Got a 970 G1 myself and lovin it! *-*

Made it to a stable 1460 on the core only but iirc i didnt even overvolt. I gotta check some OC'ing out again ^^

i'm also planning on some SLI but not sure yet.

Ooh, check out that 1.275v bios and see where ya take it.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

How high can I set the Core Voltage on my GTX970 without risking to fuck anything up? Never increased the Core Voltage on a Graphics Card while overclocking. I can get it up to +87.

you can go upto 1.35v without massive degredation, if you have a stock bios just crank it all the way up to 1.262v.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Im hitting 1524Mhz with boost. Is that good for my first try with that card? Runs stable so far.

I recently got my MSI GTX 970 :D Permission to hop aboard?

It's just sad that the core wont get past +140 and memory +300 :(

Woop woop for the GTX 970 xxxxx

Intel i7 4790k | NZXT H440 | Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | Corsair AXi 860W  | ROG Swift PG278Q | Corsair K70 Vengence | Razor Deathadder

I recently got my MSI GTX 970 :D Permission to hop aboard?

It's just sad that the core wont get past +140 and memory +300 :(

I feel ya, I've got my core at +160 although my memory is pretty high at +600.

I feel ya, I've got my core at +160 although my memory is pretty high at +600.

Man, +160 core +600 memory damn.

Man, +160 core +600 memory damn.

Now I know, Samsung memory OP, lol. I was hoping I would be able to get the core to at least 200 but it craps out on me at like 175.

I only get 120/500 completely stable LOL

Awww yea, get my G1 Gaming 970 tomorrow.  Gonna love messing with this new toy.  Hoping to SLI it too, later.

So for a new card, I should hold off overclocking, make sure it works well and correctly first, then go crazy, right?

Awww yea, get my G1 Gaming 970 tomorrow.  Gonna love messing with this new toy.  Hoping to SLI it too, later.

So for a new card, I should hold off overclocking, make sure it works well and correctly first, then go crazy, right?

I usually run a couple passes at stock settings just for comparison. Then i OC the hell out of it!!!!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

LinusTechTips GTX 970 Owners club

This is for me and other peoples assorted bios's for GTX 970's and for owners to just hang out and chat about their overclocking adventures and other things.

CUSTOM BIOS: 

disclaimer if you break yo shit like a doofus not my fault, kappa.

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Gaming BIO's:

1.262 /w (stock voltage) /w nospin, TDP increase and anti throttle. http://bit.ly/1Dc9NJ4

1.275 /w added TDP, @Lays nospin mode and anti throttle boost tables. (I run this 24/7.) http://bit.ly/1x09RtI

1.3v /w TDP, nospin, fixed boost tables and some other little clock state tweaks for 1600mhz+ OCing. (This is my 980 killer bios.) http://bit.ly/1AiwJAa

(If you have a 1.0rev card just use MaxwellBiosTweaker and copy my bios settings into yours and flash it.)

FLASHING TOOLS AND BIOS EDITORS:

Nvflash with cert bypass: http://bit.ly/1xi0ekq

Maxwell Bios Tweaker: http://bit.ly/1BajOQ8

More cards to be added if people send me their BIOS in this thread.

I'd be going with the 1600MHz+ overclocking bios, if I didn't have the VRM on my 3rd replacement G1 failing (this time the most intensive thing done on it was halo 1-no overclocking).

Conspiracy: Gigabyte hates me and sends me all of their dud gtx970 G1 gaming

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I have the 4G version from MSI, it's awesome :)

dont you mean 3.5gb hahahaha

I'd be going with the 1600MHz+ overclocking bios, if I didn't have the VRM on my 3rd replacement G1 failing (this time the most intensive thing done on it was halo 1-no overclocking).

Conspiracy: Gigabyte hates me and sends me all of their dud gtx970 G1 gaming

Are you sure it's not the Power supply?  Your signature doesn't put a lot of faith in your power supply.  I had a similar issue with my HDD, and replaced te PSU.  From what you have, any OC probably won't be able to deliver enough power.

Are you sure it's not the Power supply?  Your signature doesn't put a lot of faith in your power supply.  I had a similar issue with my HDD, and replaced te PSU.  From what you have, any OC probably won't be able to deliver enough power.

I've upgraded to a CX850 (sub $100 after discounts and it has 2x FDD connectors), and the problems still persist.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've upgraded to a CX850 (sub $100 after discounts and it has 2x FDD connectors), and the problems still persist.

Okay, yea, looks like you're probably getting mega unlucky.

My Strix GTX 970 performs great. I never overclock it yet,because it will probably void the warranty and makes the lifespan shorter