Where Is Cooler Master?

InTechsicated

I am a pretty big fan of Cooler Master Enclosures and Cooler Master usually has a presence in the case market equal to that of Corsair or NZXT. Lately however CM hasn't really had anything new to bring to market. The last gaming/enthusiast quality case they came out with in my opinion was back in late 2013. The new Silencio isn't really innovative or new in any way. Has anyone heard or seen anything worth noting from them in a while. (Their case mod contest doesn't count).

Handing out TechRx's

I am a pretty big fan of Cooler Master Enclosures and Cooler Master usually has a presence in the case market equal to that of Corsair or NZXT. Lately however CM hasn't really had anything new to bring to market. The last gaming/enthusiast quality case they came out with in my opinion was back in late 2013. The new Silencio isn't really innovative or new in any way. Has anyone heard or seen anything worth noting from them in a while. (Their case mod contest doesn't count).

For all of my flagship rigs, I use the Cosmos II... if that helps. IMO, to them? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

For all of my flagship rigs, I use the Cosmos II... if that helps. IMO, to them? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Cosmos II is indeed a nice case, But there are flaws. I think they're leaving more or less their HAF Stacker as a flagship. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

imo theyve been dieing out lately, other companies are just more consistent and innovative. so in other words, to me coolermaster is kinda outdated (in the sense that they havent made anything new and impressive) but the cases that they have now are good if you get them for a good price, but their competition is really strong.

if you ask me, the stormtrooper is a really nice case :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

imo theyve been dieing out lately, other companies are just more consistent and innovative. so in other words, to me coolermaster is kinda outdated (in the sense that they havent made anything new and impressive) but the cases that they have now are good if you get them for a good price, but their competition is really strong.

if you ask me, the stormtrooper is a really nice case :P

I actually have the Storm Scout 2 adv, I was kind of hoping for another refresh to this line.

Handing out TechRx's

The Cosmos II is indeed a nice case, But there are flaws. I think they're leaving more or less their HAF Stacker as a flagship. 

Find me any case that doesn't have some flaw, and I'll retract my statement. 

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Well they make fairly good budge cases, and I'm sure they have a whole factory dedicated to making Hyper 212 Evos.

They also make a lot of PSUs. Not the brand to go for if you're looking for enthusiast quality components.

Their CM Storm line is actually excellent for enthusiasts, I am currently using the Storm Scout 2 and it is pretty damn good. I suppose that is why I am a bit frustrated with them. They have proven they aren't incompetent and I was really hoping that offerings from Phanteks and Corsair would inspire some more competition. A saturated market means more options for us.

Handing out TechRx's

you know what case needs a refresh the Corsair Air 540 

they need to change the 3.5" hdd trays in the bottom and turn the Cd/drive so you can use a fan controller the proper way. Or allow the case to be laid on its side like you can do with the Air240.

But your right Cooler Master hasten really shown off anything as of yet in the case department. I guess they are throwing all of there R&D money into Coolers,PSU and Peripherals 

Cooler Master is indeed not as popular as NZXT and Corsair lately. They do have ever still make solid products that unfortunately not many people care about.

Their Nepton 240M and Nepton 280L are at very least as good as the H100i and Kraken X61 respectively.

Their PSU's, particularly the fully modular V series is nice too.

Let's not forget the very popular 212 EVO they make. Their other air cooler are nice too.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I feel like Cooler Master has been behind the times of late. They used to be on the cutting edge, with revolutionary designs and innovations. I loved the design of the TPC 612 and 812 coolers, but they were discontinued last year. They've had a nice resurgence into the PSU space, but if you ask me, they have way too big of a product portfolio at the moment and need to slim down. NZXT and Corsair are big, but neither of them are as massive as Cooler Master's.

If they could all adopt Fractal's method of making obvious which case is their latest and greatest (R5 vs. R4, etc.), that's be great for the market as a whole. Even Dell's monitor naming scheme makes more sense. SXXYY means S series,  XX inch class, and a release year of 20YY.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I actually have the Storm Scout 2 adv, I was kind of hoping for another refresh to this line.

if i didnt keep my pattern of corsair cases, i would get that one :P

if the new one were to actually come out, id consider it strongly, i hope they make a mATX model too :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)