Looking for quiet cooler

Temuka

Hello guys,I want to upgrade from my 3 year old Corsair A70 to something new :) I have Fractal XL R2 and i5 3570k oc-ed to 4.4.(also low profile g.skills) Which cooler should I take? Silence is a must

GPU - R9 390 Nitro   ///   CPU - Intel 3570K   ///   RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)   ///   HDD - 3TB + 1TB / SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB 
PSU - EVGA 750 G2   ///   Case - be quiet! - Silent Base 800   ///   Corsair A70 Cooler

NH-D14/15 from Noctua

Oh yeah The Dark Rock Pro 3 isnt bad at all either

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

NH-D14/15 from Noctua

Oh yeah The Dark Rock Pro 3 isnt bad at all either

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^       These were the two coolers from the best of the dominating companies

Anything else less pricier but similiar performance?

GPU - R9 390 Nitro   ///   CPU - Intel 3570K   ///   RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)   ///   HDD - 3TB + 1TB / SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB 
PSU - EVGA 750 G2   ///   Case - be quiet! - Silent Base 800   ///   Corsair A70 Cooler

What CPU will you be using, and will your tasks be heavy? (High-end gaming, 3D Rendering,...)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

All info about my pc is in 1st post ))) I don't do rendering but gaming yes. Mostly FPS titles

All info about my pc is in 1st post ))) I don't do rendering but gaming yes. Mostly FPS titles

What's your budget? And you have a side window? (Cause Noctua is color blind, lets be honest :P).

If your THAT tight on budget, the Pure Rock of Be Quiet! should suffice. But it's better to get a good cooler from the first go.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

I don't have have side window and I'm not THAT tight on budget. I just don't see the point in spending 100$ on cooler :)

It would help to tell us your budget and link us to where you're shopping. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't have have side window and I'm not THAT tight on budget. I just don't see the point in spending 100$ on cooler :)

If you are overclocking, you SHOULD make sure that your CPU is well cooled, cause overheating is not something electronic devices like. And if silence is your priority, here's the thing: Noctua and Be Quiet! are pricey, because they are extremely silent and extremely good. If you want silence, than pay for it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

noctua, the one i'm using actually. nh-d14/15 are too expensive. noctua fans ARE really quiet, i have my pc on table, right next to me. i use 3 noctua nf-p12 fans, 2 on cooler, 1 as outtake. without low noise adapters, and the noise i here the most is my corsair 140 fan and hdd.

If you are overclocking, you SHOULD make sure that your CPU is well cooled, cause overheating is not something electronic devices like. And if silence is your priority, here's the thing: Noctua and Be Quiet! are pricey, because they are extremely silent and extremely good. If you want silence, than pay for it.

I want to spend something like 50-60$, maybe little more,but I don't want to start selling my A70,than buying something new,installing it etc for something like 5% difference.. too much effort for little difference,but if in terms of silence it will give me something like 20-25% difference,sure I'll do the upgrade

I want to spend something like 50-60$, maybe little more,but I don't want to start selling my A70,than buying something new,installing it etc for something like 5% difference.. too much effort for little difference,but if in terms of silence it will give me something like 20-25% difference,sure I'll do the upgrade

NH u14s

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Here's an idea!

What if you measure the fans, and replace them with Noctua or Be Quiet fans! (as they are obviously cheaper separately than with a cooler).

You won't spend too much, keep your cooler performance (and even upgrade it), with extra silence!

Basic guide to CPU's!

Here's an idea!

What if you measure the fans, and replace them with Noctua or Be Quiet fans! (as they are obviously cheaper separately than with a cooler).

You won't spend too much, keep your cooler performance (and even upgrade it), with extra silence!

Actually that's a one nice idea... it has 2x 120mm fans installed,what will be good replacement for them?

Actually that's a one nice idea... it has 2x 120mm fans installed,what will be good replacement for them?

If looks are not important, Noctua is really good.

Did some research, and the Noctua NF-S12A is their most silence optimized stuff.

You can get the PWM version (4 pin, thus most accurate control). Or the ULN, which can get ultra slow RPM's, thus the quietest under the quietest. And then the FLX is the most accurate 3-pin of all of them.

If looks silence are is important, and you still demand looks, Be Quiet! is the thing you will adore.

The Silent Wings 2 are the premiums, most silent and best performing. There is a 3-pin and a 4-pin (more accurate than 3).

If Silence is important but your a gigantic cheap guy, than there's the Pure Wings 2. Only good thing about it is that it's cheap :P

EDIT: Fixed hyperlinks

EDIT 2: Fixed spastic English

Basic guide to CPU's!