folding again

hi guys!

i recently salvaged my parents their old system, fixed it and slapped some fans on it for better cooling.

i just started it up and installed F@H on it since i didn't know what else to do.

but i have some question's related to folding and the things around.

okey, system info first, which might come in handy.

CPU:

intel Q8200 quad core @2.33GHZ

GPU:

ATI 3320(says the card inside the system) with "gallium 0,4 on AMD RV670"(driver?)

the questions:

1. how do i set my CPU to use multiple cores, since it's using only 1 out of 4.

2. my identity says i'm not in a team currently, while i pasted the LTT number in the preferences section, what did i do wrong?

3. wasn't there an option to add a preference to what kind of disease/protein you wanted to study?

and that's it currently, still working out how it works again

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

First off, your card won't work, pretty sure that old model isn't supported anymore.

Which client you using? For that older system, I would just use the Chrome Folding app, and just fold on the CPU.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

1. how do i set my CPU to use multiple cores, since it's using only 1 out of 4.

2. my identity says i'm not in a team currently, while i pasted the LTT number in the preferences section, what did i do wrong?

3. wasn't there an option to add a preference to what kind of disease/protein you wanted to study?

and that's it currently, still working out how it works again

1. Like this

2. Have you got your name entered in?

3. Like this

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

First off, your card won't work, pretty sure that old model isn't supported anymore.

Which client you using? For that older system, I would just use the Chrome Folding app, and just fold on the CPU.

hmm to bad, guess that's what you get form salvaging older systems.

using client 7.3.6 form the linux installation guide

is there much difference between chrome folding and the normal one? since i dont have a real purpose yet for the system, so it might be a idea once i do.

ahh thank you very much, that will help

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

hmm to bad, guess that's what you get form salvaging older systems.

using client 7.3.6 form the linux installation guide

is there much difference between chrome folding and the normal one? since i dont have a real purpose yet for the system, so it might be a idea once i do.

ahh thank you very much, that will help

Oh, if you are using Linux, then no GPU support, period. There is Beta support for folding on some NVidia cards, but that is it...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99