It's actually incredibly easy to work in, because all but the rear and bottom of the case can be removed to leave it completely open for access. Much easier to work in the my previous 550D and P180.

They're also enormous in comparison.

hai

I7fG2x5.jpg

i get a wierd boner everytime you post these pictures

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

@LinusTech An Asus DCUII DOES NOT fit in this case contrary to what you said on the video. The big heatpipe that sticks out the side prevents the side panel from closing. Other cards with the extra height like the Classy or Lightning will likely prevent the side panel from closing as well from the pci-e connectors sticking out. 

@LinusTech An Asus DCUII DOES NOT fit in this case contrary to what you said on the video. The big heatpipe that sticks out the side prevents the side panel from closing. Other cards with the extra height like the Classy or Lightning will likely prevent the side panel from closing as well from the pci-e connectors sticking out. 

There have been builds with 970s and 980s with DCUII coolers ;)

(it is different from the 6xx/7xx generation)

edit: that 970 doesn't fit without modding.

I am not to sure about the 980. (we have to wait for @d33g33 to finally build in his M1 :P)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I would respectfully disagree, if it is to be a legitimate product it needs to be able to compete with others, he is pointing out that for a mini itx computer is quite expensive, and it's not really his job to tell people that it won't have certain cards fit in it, that's a given, but I like the case

Why everyone reviewed this case didn`t mention this case can only fit full length GPU if SFX PSU is installed.

And I would be much happier if linus did a thermal review on this case with everything pushed to limit.(4790 OC+ open fan design GTX980 + 2 bottom mounted 120mm fans)

Moreover, to me the M1 case would be a nobrainer  if I can fit a 140-150mm psu and a full length GPU together.

My recent build had a RVZ01 case but the VRM(Impact VII) will get crazy hot while game is running and the sx600 not only has a noisy 80mm fan but also experiencing the electrical whine all the time... 

It will throttle with an open air cooler. I had a msi twin frozr gtx 780 and it was throttling. You need a blower style or watercool it which is what I did. And if you want an atx psu which is a bad idea imo because of all the cables, you can go with the short length gtx 970 which would be still very powerful. 

It will throttle with an open air cooler. I had a msi twin frozr gtx 780 and it was throttling. You need a blower style or watercool it which is what I did. And if you want an atx psu which is a bad idea imo because of all the cables, you can go with the short length gtx 970 which would be still very powerful. 

And I have a 760, which power/temp wise is much closer to the 980. The 760 is no throttling and the fan never goes over 50%.

A 980 with bottom mounted fans most likely is cooler.

And I have a 760, which power/temp wise is much closer to the 980. The 760 is no throttling and the fan never goes over 50%.

A 980 with bottom mounted fans most likely is cooler.

Ah yeah I thought the tdp of the 980 was higher but still if you OC, it will likely still throttle since most of the power savings go away once you OC. Also you have a fairly cool cpu since it's a S model. 

There have been builds with 970s and 980s with DCUII coolers ;)

(it is different from the 6xx/7xx generation)

edit: that 970 doesn't fit without modding.

I am not to sure about the 980. (we have to wait for @d33g33 to finally build in his M1 :P)

I've only tried the gtx 780/ti DCUII and those do not fit. I've heard the STRIX 970/980 do not fit either but I do not have those cards so can't test it myself. 

There are 5 different SFX PSUs from Silverstone, at least 2 from BeQuiet and some from other brands.

I actually didn't know that BeQuiet had sfx psu and it kills me that they are only 400W. I might have splurged for one if it was quiet. I am modding my sx600-G by attaching another fan to it so zero rpm mode is always on since it is so loud. Mine also buzzes sometimes and I've gotten 2 different ones so it's not a defect. 

I feel like Linus missed the point of this case a little. I agree that a PDF manual might be nice; but, a physical manual would only add to the price. This case is made for enthusiasts and is made in small production runs so the case is going to be more expensive since there's only several hundred in the world.

It would have been nice to mention how customizable the case is as well. I know he mentioned some HDD mounting points but I don't remember him mentioning that you can fit an ATX PSU if you really wanted or that you can have a completely water cooled PC. 

That said, I've been following NCASE for over a year now and am extremely excited for their next case so my opinion is pretty biased. I just feel like the review could have been a little more in depth.

Also you have a fairly cool cpu since it's a S model. 

the only real difference between a non-S model is the lower base clock. When cooled adequate there is no difference to a 3470.

Not that it would make much of a difference on GPU temperature anyway ... 

They're also enormous in comparison.

That's my point: it's easier to work in than much larger cases due to the much more open access. e.g. it's a lot more easier to reach through the back of the case to release the PCI-E latch (which with an mITX board is right near the edge) to remove a GPU while lifting it out from the front, than it is to reach down from the front and try and slide your fingers undernearth the GPU to reach the latch. Not bad for a case that you could actually put inside the main cavity of a full size ATX case.

That's my point: it's easier to work in than much larger cases due to the much more open access. e.g. it's a lot more easier to reach through the back of the case to release the PCI-E latch (which with an mITX board is right near the edge) to remove a GPU while lifting it out from the front, than it is to reach down from the front and try and slide your fingers undernearth the GPU to reach the latch. Not bad for a case that you could actually put inside the main cavity of a full size ATX case.

Use a pen to reach in there.

Damn, this case is awesome!

If someone asks me, to describe my dream-case, it would be pretty close to the NCase.

I hope I can find someone who wants a System in this and let's me build it :)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

Damn, this case is awesome!

If someone asks me, to describe my dream-case, it would be pretty close to the NCase.

I hope I can find someone who wants a System in this and let's me build it :)

I don't think you'll be saying that when you're actually building it. I won't lie. It was an absolute pain. It's amazing once you get it done but the build process is not fun. 

"We have no slogan" #screwtherules

Wow, this case looks complicated to build in.

maybe but it is probably the best design for a mini-itx thats fits both ssds and a hard drive at the same time while also being capable of having the best single graphics card in it. Plus, I dont think it is really hard to build in. You just need to do it step by step

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

wow i was wondering if someone ever made a pc case this compact, cool but expensive

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Okay, there's no denying that this case has looks and modularity (from the review b-roll, looks like most things are held together by screws).

First, full disclosure: I own a EVGA Hadron Air.

Looking at this case, I feel that building in it would be a somewhat-painful experience for less mechanically-inclined users. Especially with the lack of a manual, the builder would be scratching his head on several things, like optimal placement for parts like hard drives or radiators. In addition, along the road, if a part fails, you either have to reach in and finagle the thing out, or disassemble the entire thing. Also, was I the only one who was a bit nervous looking at the sag of the GPU over the hard drive? (this could probably be fixed by some legos or a proper supporting bracket).

If I had to choose between again when I built my Mini-Monster, I would still choose the Hadron Air. It has the same slim-optical drive compatibility that the M2 has, and places a lot of things more accessibly than the M2. In addition, pricing wise (in the US), MSRPs are head to head, but the Hadron includes a 500W 80Plus Gold PSU with 480W on the +12V, giving it the ability to power a GTX 970 (have not put one of these in a Hadron, but the 9.5" card I have in it right now still has room). If you want the ability to use a liquid cooler, pick up the Hadron Hydro and use a few Swiftech combo parts.

On the other hand, this is the first case NCASE has put out, so hopefully design will improve in the next version.

A program breaks, you get one angry user. The network breaks, you get 200 angry users and an angry management.

Okay, there's no denying that this case has looks and modularity (from the review b-roll, looks like most things are held together by screws).

First, full disclosure: I own a EVGA Hadron Air.

Looking at this case, I feel that building in it would be a somewhat-painful experience for less mechanically-inclined users. Especially with the lack of a manual, the builder would be scratching his head on several things, like optimal placement for parts like hard drives or radiators. In addition, along the road, if a part fails, you either have to reach in and finagle the thing out, or disassemble the entire thing. Also, was I the only one who was a bit nervous looking at the sag of the GPU over the hard drive? (this could probably be fixed by some legos or a proper supporting bracket).

If I had to choose between again when I built my Mini-Monster, I would still choose the Hadron Air. It has the same slim-optical drive compatibility that the M2 has, and places a lot of things more accessibly than the M2. In addition, pricing wise (in the US), MSRPs are head to head, but the Hadron includes a 500W 80Plus Gold PSU with 480W on the +12V, giving it the ability to power a GTX 970 (have not put one of these in a Hadron, but the 9.5" card I have in it right now still has room). If you want the ability to use a liquid cooler, pick up the Hadron Hydro and use a few Swiftech combo parts.

On the other hand, this is the first case NCASE has put out, so hopefully design will improve in the next version.

This is their V3 already. They've already tweaked it twice. And to address your concerns, yes they could have made more documentation and instruction available but their website will be enough for almost everyone that has any experience in computers at all. And for everyone that says this is hard for a newbie to build in, well I don't think this is marketed towards new builders. With the price point and the whole reason that they made the case which was to have the most compact extreme mitx machine and most people new to computers won't care about that. This is really a product for enthusiasts and anyone spending $200 on a case better do their research on it. Before I bought mine, I spent countless hours looking at their website and at reviews to see what I can fit in there and where I want to put things. If you are not willing to spend that amount of time to make sure the stuff you're buying fits, then I don't think you should be spending almost $200 on this case. Also the thing cannot be disassembled. The panels can be taken off but the chassis is riveted in. 

I almost went for the Hadron but in the end, I had some issues with it that I couldn't get past. First was the gpu compatibility. It didn't fit my gtx 780 I had at the time which was a 11 inch card. It could only fit up to 10.5 inches. I would have had to sell that one and get a different card. Second, the psu had the nasty colored cables and they aren't modular so they are not easy to sleeve even if I wanted to take the time to do so. Third, it could only have exhaust fans so no positive air pressure. Although depending on your configuration in the Ncase, this still might be the case. Fourth, that included psu had a noisy tiny fan where as the Ncase accepts an sfx psu. I actually modded mine so the psu fan will never spin on and I'm using a silent Noiseblocker fan to keep it cool. Fifth, the Ncase is a lot more flexible with what parts it accepts. I had 2 3.5mm drives and 2 ssds at the time. I have an external enclosure for one of the 3.5mm but need to put the rest in it but there were not enough cables/slots for it without doing a bit of modding which would make it look ugly. Fifth, the plastic looking front doesn't look as good as the brushed aluminum and it also looks like a finger magnet. And finally, the unpainted parts on the inside bug me. In the end, it is still a good case but it's not for everyone. The Hadron just doesn't have as many options as the Ncase. The quality of the build was also weaker and I was willing to spend the extra money for the Ncase. 

Currently the case is only available through the manufacture's website (Link 3). At least only available at one of these three links, maybe on sale elsewhere.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Oh man, this is almost perfect. I'd definitely buy one if I was in the US, but if I want one in the UK I'd have to pay another $55 in shipping, plus import duty and VAT bringing the total up to something like £200 :(