Witcher 3 PC footage out

deathjester

CDPR has said this is a GTX 780 (Titan).

Now compare to the textures in previous trailers/builds.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_sword_of_destiny-32222_en.html

YyqT7R2.png

WTF is that lol.

Thread at CDPR with some really ticked off people.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade

The second this game was announced as Nvidia Games Works I cancelled my CE Edition. Will probably still buy the game if is a really good game (I expect it will be as Witcher 2 was awesome), but yeah...Will probably turn off tessellation in AMD Catalyst, downsample it from 3k, and lock it at 30 FPS with RadeonPro. One does simply not run an Nvidia Games Works game at 60 FPS, so I might as well make chicken salad out of chicken @$%@ with downsampling and play it at 30FPS.

They are not getting my CE Edition money with those textures though lol. 

Blah blah, graphics don't mean everything, blah blah. It's not hard to include higher textures than consoles, that you scaled down from and probably still have somewhere on a computer. Our GPU's now have 4 gigs of VRAM. Shadows of Mordor included freakin 6 GB textures for people that had the hardware.

Who knows. Maybe with this @$%^storm on their forums they will make a texture pack downloadable. Anyways it will still probably be an awesome game, but it is just sad to see this parity BS, and "computer exclusive" features being crap that sucks in comparison to higher textures.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You really expected the graphics to look that good during gameplay? seems kinda naive

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You really expected the graphics to look that good during gameplay? seems kinda naive

This is 2015 and my Mass Effect looks like this. Why? Texture Packs. Yes, I expect much higher textures on the PC version. WTF is the point of having 4 GB GPU's if the devs are not going to give us higher texture packs than about 2-2.5 gigs max (prob closer to 2 since this is open world and the consoles suck)? This is minimal work. They scaled down from those textures... We are getting Xbox/PS4 textures... It is frankly pathetic.

15496128767_7670a542fa_k.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

This is 2015 and my Mass Effect looks like this. Why? Texture Packs. Yes, I expect much higher textures on the PC version. WTF is the point of having 4 GB GPU's if the devs are not going to give us higher texture packs than about 2-2.5 gigs max (prob closer to 2 since this is open world and the consoles suck)? This is minimal work. They scaled down from those textures... We are getting Xbox/PS4 textures... It is frankly pathetic.

I think it would be unfair to use 4GB. 3,5GB would reach bigger audience.

I never said i was satisfied with the way graphics are being handled now a days, I'm just saying, you shouldn't have too high expectations. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I wasnt even going to play witcher 3, but if the game looks like that it's going to disappoint me.

I had no expectations, and yet i was still let down

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That's really disappointing. I have faith in the company though so I think it will probably be fine. Youtube compression is going to make anything look bad so who knows... Also not sure where you saw them say this was on a 780.... Plus I wouldn't expect a single 780 to max out this game anyway.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I never said i was satisfied with the way graphics are being handled now a days, I'm just saying, you shouldn't have too high expectations. 

I expect a company which promotes itself as being PC first to actually release higher textures for the PC. As I said this is not that hard. Games have often done that. This game looks legitimately worse at times than Witcher 2 ubersampling does. The gameplay looks good, but damn...

I am really hoping they give us an optional downloadable texture pack or something, because some of these textures look freakin awful. Complaining in other games led to those downloadable texture packs also, so yes I think people have every right to complain.

I think it is stupid that we HAVE to complain at times to get what should be there in the first place, but it seems that is the way it is now. You have to bitch and complain to get anything now days from these companies.

How about you draw your conclusions after the game is out and reviewers get their hands on it? You shouldn't be pre-ordering anyways, regardless of the company's name.

And yet console enablers will continue to say "consoles don't damage the industry at all!"

How about you draw your conclusions after the game is out and reviewers get their hands on it? You shouldn't be pre-ordering anyways, regardless of the company's name.

Very true, no one should pre order anything, ever.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What reviewers? These guys?  ;)

What reviewers? These guys?  ;)

-snip-

No. Totalbiscuit, AngryJoe, etc.

No. Totalbiscuit, AngryJoe, etc.

Yeah. Bout the only two I bother to check now days. Neogaf usually has good comments/user reviews. Like I said I think the game itself will be good. Total Biscuit should give us a decent port report. 

Those textures are bad, but what's really annoying me is that Radeon users will have crappy performances thanks to Gameworks

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Those textures are bad, but what's really annoying me is that Radeon users will have crappy performances thanks to Gameworks

amd_cat11.1_hotfix_ccc_tessellation_sett

That would be the only thing Nvidia could screw us over on and we can take it off/lower it. An R9 290/x will blow away a GTX 970 in this game to be honest. Why? Textures look like crap and AMD has higher bandwidth and VSR now. VSR the game at 1440p/60, and if the game can't run at 60 like Unity? Run it at a locked 30 and 3k.

Hairworks? Usually sucks on everything. So who cares.

As far as tesselation? It sucks on photo realistic graphics. Where is it good? Cartoon graphics like WoW, and that is not a Games Work game that overdoes it, to cripple a competitor. Hell, even CDPR said tessellation sucks on a lot of things and they would be using it minimally. If they have changed from this stance? No biggy. Deny Games Works BS with Catalyst.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/The-Witcher-3-welche-Grafikkarte-welche-CPU-1107469/

Right click for translation. Balázs Török, is the lead-Engine Developer at CDPR

PCGH: Your use tessellation and GPU Compute for his landscapes and marine display?

Balázs Török: Yes, we have tessellation currently for landscape and view of the water in our rendering pipeline. We have made ​​some tests in which we have applied tessellation to other objects, but that has not brought the desired result. And actually we need for our objects are not really tessellation. This only increases the overhead, so we use tessellation only for the scenery and the water and leave them with everything else away.

PCGH: Yes, we have already found in some other games that tessellation for example, with the depiction of characters makes a mediocre impression and also requires a lot of power.

Balázs Török: Yes, exactly. And there are actually many problems with tessellation. In is rarely spoken. Only a few publications revolve around the difficulties that arise when tessellation is transferred to meshes, but this is very problematic. So it is better to use tessellation only if it thus really gained a huge advantage or technique constitutes a clearly visible difference.

That's really disappointing. I have faith in the company though so I think it will probably be fine. Youtube compression is going to make anything look bad so who knows... Also not sure where you saw them say this was on a 780.... Plus I wouldn't expect a single 780 to max out this game anyway.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_january_2015_gameplay-33950_en.html
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Based on The Witcher 2, I'm pretty sure The Witcher 3 will have graphics features that we won't even be able to run at a decent frame rate when the game comes out. (UberSampling anyone?) As for the textures I hope they include the largest textures they have. Even if we can't run them now it will prolong the need for texture packs and will ensure the game still looks good a few years from now.

In any case I'm rather certain that it's common practice for devs to create larger than necessary textures when they are making a game because downscaling a texture is easy. Upscaling it is basically impossible without remaking the entire thing. (If you don't believe me take it from an actual modeler: http://www.moddb.com/games/the-lays-of-althas-sundered-order/images/wood-set#imageboxwell I'm a modeler too but nowhere near BlownKapz's level)

Where did you get those texture packs and is there any chance at getting them in one bundle? I hate having to shift through the nexus just to find some good looking textures which I then have to piece together or I'll end up with the floors and walls in levels looking awesome but the tables and creates looking terrible. That would probably look significantly worse than just low quality textures across the board.

Very true, no one should pre order anything, ever.

Especially if it's an Nvidia Gameworks (ironically named) game.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Based on The Witcher 2, I'm pretty sure The Witcher 3 will have graphics features that we won't even be able to run at a decent frame rate when the game comes out. (UberSampling anyone?) As for the textures I hope they include the largest textures they have. Even if we can't run them now it will prolong the need for texture packs and will ensure the game still looks good a few years from now.

In any case I'm rather certain that it's common practice for devs to create larger than necessary textures when they are making a game because downscaling a texture is easy. Upscaling it is basically impossible without remaking the entire thing. (If you don't believe me take it from an actual modeler: http://www.moddb.com/games/the-lays-of-althas-sundered-order/images/wood-set#imageboxwell I'm a modeler too but nowhere near BlownKapz's level)

Where did you get those texture packs and is there any chance at getting them in one bundle? I hate having to shift through the nexus just to find some good looking textures which I then have to piece together or I'll end up with the floors and walls in levels looking awesome but the tables and creates looking terrible. That would probably look significantly worse than just low quality textures across the board.

For Mass Effect's? M.E.U.I.T.M. for 1st game is an all in one pack.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?

2nd and 3rd are texmod's from the bioware forums. Sorry there is no all in one pack for 2nd and 3rd game that I know of, but there probably will be in the future. Use the large memory address program they link in the first mod for all 3 games.

Game is also downsampled from 4k through Gedosato. 1st and second I play at 5.2 k. 3rd, the UI is too small to read after 4k.

2nd you can pretty much install all of them you can find. 3rd. There is a special one for Citadel DLC, Omega DLC that you only load for that, along with certain characters 4 k outfits if you want.There is also ME3explorer now I think where you can edit them permanently and not have to load the tex mod's. Load time was only like 5 mins on 2/3 on my OC I7 so I didn't bother. On a slower CPU might be worth it.

CDPR has said this is a GTX 780 (Titan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJUL3nN4iI#t=481

Now compare to the textures in previous trailers/builds.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_sword_of_destiny-32222_en.html

YyqT7R2.png

WTF is that lol.

Thread at CDPR with some really ticked off people.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade

The second this game was announced as Nvidia Games Works I cancelled my CE Edition. Will probably still buy the game if is a really good game (I expect it will be as Witcher 2 was awesome), but yeah...Will probably turn off tessellation in AMD Catalyst, downsample it from 3k, and lock it at 30 FPS with RadeonPro. One does simply not run an Nvidia Games Works game at 60 FPS, so I might as well make chicken salad out of chicken @$%@ with downsampling and play it at 30FPS.

They are not getting my CE Edition money with those textures though lol. 

Blah blah, graphics don't mean everything, blah blah. It's not hard to include higher textures than consoles, that you scaled down from and probably still have somewhere on a computer. Our GPU's now have 4 gigs of VRAM. Shadows of Mordor included freakin 6 GB textures for people that had the hardware.

Who knows. Maybe with this @$%^storm on their forums they will make a texture pack downloadable. Anyways it will still probably be an awesome game, but it is just sad to see this parity BS, and "computer exclusive" features being crap that sucks in comparison to higher textures.

The texture quality on Geralt is pretty high.

All the screencaps below are from the original video on GamerSyde not youtube.

2c0550a986.jpg

The texture quality on other people is fairly good as well, though not nearly as good as seen on Geralt. 
8628613d06.jpg

However the environment texture quality could use a bit of work.
d1b01ea9d2.jpg

I mean in the below screencap it looks like this mode of Geralt was modded into the game because of how bad the environment looks in comparison to him.

I mean maybe it's just me, but when I play a game and see that level of texture quality I find it almost difficult to believe that this level of quality is normal.

5fdb0b4875.jpg
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

For Mass Effect's? M.E.U.I.T.M. for 1st game is an all in one pack.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?

2nd and 3rd are texmod's from the bioware forums. Sorry there is no all in one pack for 2nd and 3rd game that I know of, but there probably will be in the future. Use the large memory address program they link in the first mod for all 3 games.

Game is also downsampled from 4k through Gedosato. 1st and second I play at 5.2 k. 3rd, the UI is too small to read after 4k.

2nd you can pretty much install all of them you can find. 3rd. There is a special one for Citadel DLC, Omega DLC that you only load for that, along with certain characters 4 k outfits if you want.There is also ME3explorer now I think where you can edit them permanently and not have to load the tex mod's. Load time was only like 5 mins on 2/3 on my OC I7 so I didn't bother. On a slower CPU might be worth it.

Yep I used MEUITM when I played through the first game. Then I was too lazy to gather texture mods for the second game and only got some texture mods for the third game and just didn't bother figuring out how to get them to work. When I replay 2 and 3 (which I will) I will try my best to get texture mods working. As for UHD I know what you mean. The first two games had amazing text scaling!! Then playing 3 at UHD was a pain! I think I might have downgraded it to 1440p just to read the text without having to use a magnifying lens :(

Also thanks for letting me know about Gedosato. I wonder whether there's a limit to the resolution that Gedosato or my GPU can run Mass Effect at on an UHD monitor :P Although I'm pretty sure there won't be an actually noticeable increase in visual quality.

The texture quality on Geralt is pretty high.

All the screencaps below are from the original video on GameSyde not youtube.

2c0550a986.jpg

The texture quality on other people is fairly good as well, though not nearly as good as seen on Geralt. 

8628613d06.jpg

However the environment texture quality could use a bit of work.

d1b01ea9d2.jpg

I mean in the below screencap it looks like this mode of Geralt was modded into the game because of how bad the environment looks in comparison to him.

I mean maybe it's just me, but when I play a game and see that level of texture quality I find it almost difficult to believe that this level of quality is normal.

5fdb0b4875.jpg

Right you reminded me. There's a download link in this video's description

to an uncompressed video which could prove the downgrade idea wrong.

http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1132&STR=3

And all the models and textures are the same?

Przepytaliśmy Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED

"Yes, there is only one version, without it we would not be able to create the game on time. We'd have to undress her, build and test separately on three platforms, which is impossible. So we do it on a single database, and then distribute it to all devices.
On platforms where there is less memory otherwise manage it. Load less complex models, it all depends on what is happening on the screen at any given time. In summary, there is little difference between the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, rather than solve some errors reconfigure."

Welp there you go. Just hope it is well optimized for down sampling, but doesn't look like it. 

On Ubersampling.

"in the future will be able to turn ubersampling mode...Witcher 2 killed this title...so you do not want that for now unlocked. The game looks better, but it is absurd demands."

So no ubersampling now, and supposedly GPU's 4 x more powerful than a console GPU (let alone 2 in Xfire/SLI) can't do ubersampling, when ubersampling is less of a performance hit in Witcher 2 than 4k downsampling (I have tried them both). 

Whatever CDPR. 

I hope these textures are low quality because of Youtube compression. We'll have to wait for uncompressed trailers. Good thing I don't preorder games anymore.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.