GTA V .... inside GTA 4 ... inside a taco

shujin

woophoop first news I'll try to do that well 

original post from: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gta-5-mods-for-gta-4/

4084346aBNsuCZ8ev840x0Vdef9Kkm.jpg

so basically modder put GTA V into GTA 4 with mods. I find this hilarious how modder are faster at modding a game into an other one than rockstar is to port a game on pc

Los Santos + Franklin + GTA 4 = GTA V k

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

4084346aBNsuCZ8ev840x0Vdef9Kkm.jpg

so basically modder put GTA V into GTA 4 with mods. I find this hilarious how modder are faster at modding a game into an other one than rockstar is to port a game on pc

They might have done it faster, but it still runs like shit, however GTA 5 will not .

Los Santos + Franklin + GTA 4 = GTA V k

yeah

what about. you know everything else :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This one's mine.

TRR4ygv.jpg

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

A PCGamer article about GTA 4 modding is not news...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

They might have done it faster, but it still runs like shit, however GTA 5 will not .

we don't know that it won't yet lol. I don't have a lot of faith in rock star.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Modding =/= Programming.

The time it takes to do one vs the other is not realistically comparable.

Modding =/= Programming.

The time it takes to do one vs the other is not realistically comparable.

well when in take in fact that gta V was coded on a pc we can imagine doing a port is not the hardest thing in the world (explain to me if I'm wrong ^^)

edit: sorry if this isn't news but it made me laugh

well when in take in fact that gta V was coded on a pc we can imagine doing a port is not the hardest thing in the world (explain to me if I'm wrong ^^)

Coding on a pc does not make the code for a pc. Its like saying make a sandwich on a plate makes the sandwich for the plate, not the person.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

There are no tacos. The title of this news post is sensationalist bullshit!

jk

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have to admit, I can't wait for all he selfie memes that come about as a result of modding and stuff.

Gonna be some comedic GOLD

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am not going to pretend to be familiar with the process but as Suicidal Korean says just because coding on a PC doesn't mean it's going to work on a pc. They are also not throwing the same resources at porting it over as they did on the original creation. This also doesn't include any of the so called 'mods' they are doing or even a timeline of the application of internal resources to the pc port.

'Modding' a game isn't easy either, how many mods does someone who plays Skyrim use typically? Do you think that all those were created overnight? There are also plenty of mods created to solve one game problem, that only creates others, and instead of just releasing it they spend time testing it.

Is it taking a long time to be released, sure possibly even longer than it should. Is it guaranteed to be a good port even after the extra time, there is no guarantee that this will be the case.

Now, where are my tacos!

HAHAHAHA

God I love pc so much. This is why you pc. So you can gta while you gta in gta.

Gta

There are no tacos. The title of this news post is sensationalist bullshit!

jk

the taco is in another taco that is inside a taco bell inside you mind (does not fit in title)

Now, where are my tacos!

go take some at taco bell and tell them to put it on my note ^^

edit:and I never even have seen a taco bell in my life ...

Of course, they have a base code. If you are a developer, you'll know that.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Moving game data from one game to another isn't as hard as most people think. I could put Los Santos in Skyrim if I wanted to. Texture swapping and map data conversion isn't rockstar science.

snippy dip

id rather rockstar take longer if it means that the game will be the best goddamn optimized game we've ever seen.

+ i can wait, already beat it on console ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Moving game data from one game to another isn't as hard as most people think. I could put Los Santos in Skyrim if I wanted to. Texture swapping and map data conversion isn't rockstar science.

Try and do that in the Gamebryo engine

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

we don't know that it won't yet lol. I don't have a lot of faith in rock star.

Those recommended and minimum specs are a clear sign of how well they managed to optimize the game.

With a hammer (PC), I can build a house on the land (bunch of codes for consoles) but the same house built on the land is not suitable if I want to live floating in the ocean (bunch of codes for PC). With the same hammer, I can build another house floating in the ocean probably re-using same design models but I will need to change things here and there for sure to cater for different environment.

I don't know if it is any easier for you to understand, but pretty much that's how it works...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

id rather rockstar take longer if it means that the game will be the best goddamn optimized game we've ever seen.

+ i can wait, already beat it on console ^_^

totally agree on this one. Anyway I'm not waiting for this one so I just hope it will be awsome for people that wait for it

Those recommended and minimum specs are a clear sign of how well they managed to optimize the game.

+1 I hate when game have ridiculous minimum spec cause of poor coding 

With a hammer (PC), I can build a house on the land (bunch of codes for consoles) but the same house built on the land is not suitable if I want to live floating in the ocean (bunch of codes for PC). With the same hammer, I can build another house floating in the ocean probably re-using same design models but I will need to change things here and there for sure to cater for different environment.

I don't know if it is any easier for you to understand, but pretty much that's how it works...

yeah I totally understand that but it surprise me that people with almost no resources build a house for fun while unpaid faster than a team of 100 person with almost unlimited resources paid to build a house  floating on ocean