£600 AMD Gaming/Recording Build 2015

Hello everyone!

I have a budget of £600 and I live in London. I want to build a amd system which can handle the following things:

-> Able to play games from medium to high settings

So games like, CS.GO, Minecraft, Skyrim, ETS2.

-> Able to record these games at a stable frame rate, 30fps or above would be awesome.

-> Able to stream, not necessary

Can you please include a copy of windows 7 64 bit with a cd drive.

Thank you,

Hello everyone!

I have a budget of £600 and I live in London. I want to build a amd system which can handle the following things:

-> Able to play games from medium to high settings

So games like, CS.GO, Minecraft, Skyrim, ETS2.

-> Able to record these games at a stable frame rate, 30fps or above would be awesome.

-> Able to stream, not necessary

Can you please include a copy of windows 7 64 bit with a cd drive.

Thank you,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "AMD System"?

1. Do you specifically want an AMD CPU and GPU in your system?

2. Do you want just an AMD CPU with whatever is the best value of GPU?

3. Do you want just an AMD GPU with whatever is the best value of CPU?

4. Do you want just an AMD APU, thus combining and simplifying (with lower overall performance likely) the build?

Now personally, I'm a big fan of AMD, but you must consider the following:

Are you willing to pay extra if an Intel based, or NVIDIA based (or both) system happens to be the best value?

Once you answer the following questions, can you please explain why you want that specific combination of parts?

This will help us fully answer your questions, and help us build you the best system we can, that you'll be satisfied with.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "AMD System"?

1. Do you specifically want an AMD CPU and GPU in your system?

2. Do you want just an AMD CPU with whatever is the best value of GPU?

3. Do you want just an AMD GPU with whatever is the best value of CPU?

4. Do you want just an AMD APU, thus combining and simplifying (with lower overall performance likely) the build?

Now personally, I'm a big fan of AMD, but you must consider the following:

Are you willing to pay extra if an Intel based, or NVIDIA based (or both) system happens to be the best value?

Once you answer the following questions, can you please explain why you want that specific combination of parts?

This will help us fully answer your questions, and help us build you the best system we can, that you'll be satisfied with.

I would like a amd cpu and gpu, eg fx 6300 with a r9 280x

Im sticking to amd as more cores, for recording and editing.

I'm going with amd as i get more cores and it would be good for recording and editing and its cheap. 

My family aint soo rich.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (£125.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.50 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£65.84 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£57.53 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card  (£129.95 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£61.19 @ Aria PC)
Total: £608.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 20:07 GMT+0000

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Well, considering you want to game and have a decent budget, that means Intel is really the best CPU for your choice. However, given your budget, AMD is the best GPU in my opinion. I chose the Xeon E3-1230 V3 as it's got great single-threaded performance (for gaming) and better multi-threaded performance than even the FX-8350 so you can game AND stream it simultaneously. Plus, since FX-8 core CPUs have such demanding power and cooling requirements, the motherboard and CPU you pair with them makes the platform cost more than it should even though the CPU is cheap. I then paired the Xeon with an AMD R9 280 which can handle all of the games you described. I'm £16.50 overbudget, but I feel that this is the best system for your purposes and in order to get under the 600 mark you'd have to cut a corner you really don't want to. I did go with cheap memory, but that's because for gaming rigs, the speed really doesn't matter. I also made sure to include Windows 7 64 bit and an optical drive per your request. However, have you considered going with Windows 8.1 and skipping the optical drive? In this day and age, you can even install windows via a USB flash drive, so you really don't need an optical drive for that. Dropping the optical drive from this build would get you almost right at the 600 mark you wanted. It's just something to consider. Anyway, here's the build:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£185.94 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI H97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£61.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£43.54 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 280 3GB royalKing Video Card  (£145.50 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£10.46 @ Aria PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.99 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £616.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 20:04 GMT+0000

Well, considering you want to game and have a decent budget, that means Intel is really the best CPU for your choice. However, given your budget, AMD is the best GPU in my opinion. I chose the Xeon E3-1230 V3 as it's got great single-threaded performance (for gaming) and better multi-threaded performance than even the FX-8350 so you can game AND stream it simultaneously. I then paired it with an AMD R9 280 which can handle all of the games you described. I'm £16.50 overbudget, but I feel that this is the best system for your purposes and in order to get under the 600 mark you'd have to cut a corner you really don't want to. I did go with cheap memory, but that's because for gaming rigs, the speed really doesn't matter. I also made sure to include Windows 7 64 bit and an optical drive per your request. However, have you considered going with Windows 8.1 and skipping the optical drive? In this day and age, you can even install windows via a USB flash drive, so you really don't need an optical drive for that. Dropping the optical drive from this build would get you almost right at the 600 mark you wanted. It's just something to consider. Anyway, here's the build:

This ^

or if you want ssd 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£130.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£39.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£51.44 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£47.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£149.99 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£29.77 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£31.15 @ Aria PC) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£10.46 @ Aria PC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £597.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 20:09 GMT+0000

AMD is bad at skyrim and fx6300 is bad at video editing and recording compared to i5. not even able to compare it to xeon.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Consider getting a nvidia gpu, shadowplay is a free and easy to use recording tool, with no real fps hit, only works with nvidia :)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Well, considering you want to game and have a decent budget, that means Intel is really the best CPU for your choice. However, given your budget, AMD is the best GPU in my opinion. I chose the Xeon E3-1230 V3 as it's got great single-threaded performance (for gaming) and better multi-threaded performance than even the FX-8350 so you can game AND stream it simultaneously. Plus, since FX-8 core CPUs have such demanding power and cooling requirements, the motherboard and CPU you pair with them makes the platform cost more than it should even though the CPU is cheap. I then paired the Xeon with an AMD R9 280 which can handle all of the games you described. I'm £16.50 overbudget, but I feel that this is the best system for your purposes and in order to get under the 600 mark you'd have to cut a corner you really don't want to. I did go with cheap memory, but that's because for gaming rigs, the speed really doesn't matter. I also made sure to include Windows 7 64 bit and an optical drive per your request. However, have you considered going with Windows 8.1 and skipping the optical drive? In this day and age, you can even install windows via a USB flash drive, so you really don't need an optical drive for that. Dropping the optical drive from this build would get you almost right at the 600 mark you wanted. It's just something to consider. Anyway, here's the build:

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 280 3GB royalKing Video Card  (£145.50 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.98 @ Novatech)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.99 @ Ebuyer)

The thing is, do you need a new usb in order to install windows on it. I dont know how to install windows on my usb and stuff like that.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (£125.00 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.50 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£65.84 @ Ebuyer)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£57.53 @ Ebuyer)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.94 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card  (£129.95 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£61.19 @ Aria PC)

Total: £608.93

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 20:07 GMT+0000

Hi. I guess you didn't read the OP's full post?

He specifically requested adding in the OS, as well as an Optical DVD drive.

This seems pretty well spot on!

@PorkyChoUk I would highly consider this option.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hi. I guess you didn't read the OP's full post?

He specifically requested adding in the OS, as well as an Optical DVD drive.

This seems pretty well spot on!

@PorkyChoUk I would highly consider this option.

I'm going with this option :D Just need to know how to boot the pc via usb 

The thing is, do you need a new usb in order to install windows on it. I dont know how to install windows on my usb and stuff like that.

So long as the USB drive is of sufficient size (I think an 8GB or larger will do) and you don't mind completely erasing it for this purpose (you can just move all its contents onto an HDD, then reformat the USB flash drive and replace them when finished), you're golden. All you need is a working computer and you can get a Windows image from microsoft, which you can then flash to your USB flash drive to make it a bootable media, and once you have that it's the same process as if it were a bootable CD. It IS a bit more involved and complicated than using an optical disc, but it's still definitely doable. There are several guides you can look up online too.

@PorkyChoUk

So long as the USB drive is of sufficient size (I think an 8GB or larger will do) and you don't mind completely erasing it for this purpose (you can just move all its contents onto an HDD, then reformat the USB flash drive and replace them when finished), you're golden. All you need is a working computer and you can get a Windows image from microsoft, which you can then flash to your USB flash drive to make it a bootable media, and once you have that it's the same process as if it were a bootable CD. It IS a bit more involved and complicated than using an optical disc, but it's still definitely doable. There are several guides you can look up online too.

Just to add in, you can create a bootable USB drive from this official microsoft page:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

You'll of course still need a legitimate Product Key, which should come in the package when you buy Windows 8.1.

For Windows 7, you should be able to download the ISO from Digital Rivier. See this guide from How-To-Geek:

http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

Note: I haven't tried these links personally. Please post if any of them don't work.