Razer Blackwidow 2014 Ultimate vs CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Cherry MX Red switches

Hello, 

All this week I've been trying to choose which keyboard to buy Blackwidow 2014 or CM Storm quickfire tk with the chery mx red switches.

I've been addressing both keyboards' pros and cons and here are they:

Blackwidow 2014

PROS: Green Lights, macros via razer synapse and of course dont forget to mention the sound

CONS: Kinda huge (from watching videos of it and stuff), shitty copies of chery mx switches made by some kailh chinese company..

CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ red switches

PROS: Decent clicking sound but not as amazing as blackwidow's sound, Good switches for gaming, small and compact 

CONS: Red color

I'm buying one of those keyboards for gaming.

I usually play TF2, CS:GO and osu! A lot of players on osu! forums recommend quickfire tk with red switches.

I dont know how is it in game with the clicking sound, it may be annoying, probably it will but iunno.

For colors it may be annoying but who knows i never had a keyboard with backlight.

What is your opinion which one is better?

-Thank you~

I would go with the CM Storm Quickfire TK.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I LOVE my razer blackwidow. Some people hate the obviously audible clicks of the keys but i honesty love it, it allows me to know that im actually pressing it, and even when im playing games w/ my headset on i can easily hear it when i press a key. That might be a turn off for many people but not for me, i actually really like it xD not to mention it reminds me and anyone else in the skype call im w/ that i have a fanceh mechanical keyboard :3

Please try to understand that ISNT sarcasm, im being complete honest and straight forward, plus i love the feel of the keys and their actuation point.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Hello, 

-Thank you~

Well out of them options I would go with the blackwidow because although the switches are fake they are close to blues, which are my favourite switch, and I HATE red's. 

However bearing that in mind, why not go for another brand? like ducky or corsair

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Quickfire, much better build quality

Got to disagree with this, In my experience (my friend has a 2014 blackwidow and I've messed about with CM keyboards in the past) The build quality is great on BOTH, the build quality of the razor is great on my 2012 model and on my friends 2014 model.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Got to disagree with this, In my experience (my friend has a 2014 blackwidow and I've messed about with CM keyboards in the past) The build quality is great on BOTH, the build quality of the razor is great on my 2012 model and on my friends 2014 model.

The plastic on the key caps is thinner then most keyboard manufacturers, Razer themselves do not recommend removing the key caps which speaks wonders about the quality and its more so you pay way more for not amazing build quality you don;t get filco or Das level quality for a similar price.

The plastic on the key caps is thinner then most keyboard manufacturers, Razer themselves do not recommend removing the key caps which speaks wonders about the quality and its more so you pay way more for not amazing build quality you don;t get filco or Das level quality for a similar price.

Well I've never taken keycaps of the 2014 model, but If I compare mine to my brother K70 the build quality is the same (of course one if metal and one is plastic) but the plastic is very very high quality, same as the metal on the k70 is very high quality. Also, filco and Das still cost more.

I think I will end up buying Quickfire TK.

It's also much cheaper than blackwidow on my country aswell

I think I will end up buying Quickfire TK.

It's also much cheaper than blackwidow on my country aswell

You won't regret it.

Have a nice day!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||