Steam store alternatives?

Go to solution Solved by techswede,

It common knowledge that Steam Store gets stuck while sales are going on. And that worst time is while frontpage titles are changing. Usually problems will go away in few hours. So that shouldn't be problem since even flash sales have 12h time limit.

As for Steam support, they don't work 24/7 or weekends. So you'll get reply on monday earliest. But it could also take a week for them to get it going.

I've tried during the entire steam sale : / But i managed to get the game i wanted yesterday

Yup. The steam winter sale has arrived and i was going to start purchasing the games on my "Screw christmas. I'm gaming" List

But after trying both my debit card variants and my banks E-card service.. It would seem like GabeN has forsaken me. (There is a 3 in my credit card number. Maybe that's why)

And steam support seems to be completely swamped since i haven't gotten a reply since yesterday.

So here i am. Asking you guys. Are there any steam like/Keys for steam services that are doing winter sales right now? That are safe to use?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Why not just use paypal?

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Why not just use paypal?

My bank details should be enough. And the E-card service is usually pretty great

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Instead of buying games go outsi... HA who am I kidding? You have the curse of the all mighty leader we call Gaben, you can't be rescued.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Instead of buying games go outsi... HA who am I kidding? You have the curse of the all mighty leader we call Gaben, you can't be rescued.

I just got home from an 8 hour workday outside. And i want to play some new games.. 

It common knowledge that Steam Store gets stuck while sales are going on. And that worst time is while frontpage titles are changing. Usually problems will go away in few hours. So that shouldn't be problem since even flash sales have 12h time limit.

As for Steam support, they don't work 24/7 or weekends. So you'll get reply on monday earliest. But it could also take a week for them to get it going.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've tried during the entire steam sale : / But i managed to get the game i wanted yesterday

You should just buy those steam wallet codes they sell in game stores. There are 20 and 50 euro (dont know about dollars) steam wallet codes if im right.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Buy games through Amazon, Green Man Gaming, Humble Store, or Nuveem and make sure the game you are purchasing is for Steam (made the mistake of buying Wolf Among Us through GMG and getting a Telltale key...bleh).

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Steam support sucks anything. Usually it takes them 2 weeks to answer with an automatic reply. Their support is one of the weakest in the business and a real negative aspect of the platform.

As an alternative you could check out:

GOG.com(same company that is behind The Witcher games)

Gamersgate.com(Store by Paradox Interactive)

humblebundle.com/store(they basically sell steam keys and some other indie games)

Greenmangaming.com(almost all games give you steam key)