Asus Rampage IV Extreme wont boot up T_T

Hey... Everyone...

Since my long awaited computer build was completed I've been facing many problems and came over all of it.. and now here's another problem...

My system Spec...

Processor: Intel core i7 3930k
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200
Ram: Transcend 2gb 1333mhz (x2)
Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti
Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II
HDD: Samsung 1tb, WD 3tb cavier green
Ssd: Samsung 256gb
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age 2 Edition
Mouse: Razer Naga

Okay the problem is a few days back when I turned on my system it didn't turn on... So I tried turning the power supply on and off.. and when I checked the mobo the bios and start and restart led where on.. so I tired turning it on again.. and it worked.. so I thought it wasn't a problem...

And today right now when I turned it on there was no response like tat day... And the leds were on on the mobo.. buy when I pressed either the power button on the cabinet or the start button on the mobo there was no reaction all..

So I cheked the paper clip test for psu and when I did that my cpu Hdd ssd and fans strted running fine...

Could this be the problem with the board?
hope u guys can help me....

Thanks... ^_^

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

And this is getting really confusing..

Cuz Right now im sending u this post from my system...

I just dont know what happened i didnt do anything.. just left the system on for sometime and now it works>. soooo weird....

What could be the problem..???

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

Was there any beeping? if not, try to clear the CMOS. Also double check if anything if shorting the motherboard, make sure all cables are plugged in properly.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Was there any beeping? if not, try to clear the CMOS. Also double check if anything if shorting the motherboard, make sure all cables are plugged in properly.

No beep at all... when i turn it on there is no reaction the psu fans wont start..  but still the leds of bios and start  button are lighting up...  checked the board but there was nothing like that... checked the cables too...

I think you already tried that, but have you updated your bios ? my friend had the same problem with an Asrock motherboard and it worked for him

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Does your CPU fan spin up? Or does it just spin and stop, if it's spinning but it isn't posting, try swapping out the ram, or try rubbing the ram sticks with a pen eraser. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

it could be a number of things, including bad connections with cables / button on the case or one thing that stands out to me is the memory you have on that m/board, is it recommended in the m/board user manual? I don't know without downloading the manual, but for a board and system like that i would have atleast a 8 gig kit if not 16 gig kit.

also that seems over the top for a power supply,

so yeah try all the connection on the cables, even the ones from the case to the Q connector, looo into if you have correct memory, and report back.

got to love Asus components

EXACT same thing happened to me, I have no idea what it was, my PC wouldn't boot, then sometimes it would, then sometimes not, all the mobo LEDs were on but no power. I also had a Corsair AX series PSU and an ASUS mobo. I used to fix by doing what apperantley is called "clearing the circuits" ? something like that anyway, I just un-plugged the 24-pin, switched PSU off, spammed power and reset buttons, plug it all back in and turn the PSU on and it worked until next shutdown.

However, I later found a permanent fix which happened to be switching to the motherboards second BIOS with the button on the rear I/O.

I have no idea what the problem is, what causes it, or if any of my fixes are actually legitimate so don't take my word for it, but this is how I fixed it.

I'm seeing a pattern here, that has happened to my main rig as well. When I don't use my main rig for a few days, I'd have problem starting the computer. I'd have to switch off the PSU, power on after mobo LED goes off, and hit the power on button rather quickly......never fails to power up in this manner. Very weird, it had never happened before, only in the recent couple of months or so. Now, I power up my main rig at least once a day, that issue has not re-occurred.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'm seeing a pattern here, that has happened to my main rig as well. When I don't use my main rig for a few days, I'd have problem starting the computer. I'd have to switch off the PSU, power on after mobo LED goes off, and hit the power on button rather quickly......never fails to power up in this manner. Very weird, it had never happened before, only in the recent couple of months or so. Now, I power up my main rig at least once a day, that issue has not re-occurred.

Sounds like the MB of yours is nearly on the blink?, when my old Intel MB fried before I rma'd it and got myself this Maximus V Formula I had to do the same, the MB fried itself along with the ram.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Sounds like the MB of yours is nearly on the blink?, when my old Intel MB fried before I rma'd it and got myself this Maximus V Formula I had to do the same, the MB fried itself along with the ram.

I don't believe so, other than this, it works very well....and as I've said, it powers up nicely if I power up the system daily at least once. Others are apparently having similar issue as me. Heck, I'm ripping as I surf the net on my main rig, even gamed on it earlier, no problem....checked Asus AI II Suite and saw no weird fluctuation in temps and voltages.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I don't believe so, other than this, it works very well....and as I've said, it powers up nicely if I power up the system daily at least once. Others are apparently having similar issue as me. Heck, I'm ripping as I surf the net on my main rig, even gamed on it earlier, no problem....checked Asus AI II Suite and saw no weird fluctuation in temps and voltages.

Heh, I guess so, the problem I had was posting, it was already fried but under the right circumstances and the lottery I could get it to boot properly, then it worked fine until I shut it down and/or turned it back on.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I think you already tried that, but have you updated your bios ? my friend had the same problem with an Asrock motherboard and it worked for him

Ya i did... Thanks for replying...

Does your CPU fan spin up? Or does it just spin and stop, if it's spinning but it isn't posting, try swapping out the ram, or try rubbing the ram sticks with a pen eraser. 

Nope it doesnt.... it doesnt even start at all.. when i turned it on using either the start button in mobo or the one in the cabinet... but when i tried the paper clip test my cpu cooler started spinning so is all the other stuff in my system...

it could be a number of things, including bad connections with cables / button on the case or one thing that stands out to me is the memory you have on that m/board, is it recommended in the m/board user manual? I don't know without downloading the manual, but for a board and system like that i would have atleast a 8 gig kit if not 16 gig kit.

also that seems over the top for a power supply,

so yeah try all the connection on the cables, even the ones from the case to the Q connector, looo into if you have correct memory, and report back.

The memory im using is a old one which i used with my older PC... and ya i checked the manual and its in the qualified list...

EXACT same thing happened to me, I have no idea what it was, my PC wouldn't boot, then sometimes it would, then sometimes not, all the mobo LEDs were on but no power. I also had a Corsair AX series PSU and an ASUS mobo. I used to fix by doing what apperantley is called "clearing the circuits" ? something like that anyway, I just un-plugged the 24-pin, switched PSU off, spammed power and reset buttons, plug it all back in and turn the PSU on and it worked until next shutdown.

However, I later found a permanent fix which happened to be switching to the motherboards second BIOS with the button on the rear I/O.

I have no idea what the problem is, what causes it, or if any of my fixes are actually legitimate so don't take my word for it, but this is how I fixed it.

Second Bios...Hmmm Will try tat when i get a problem next time...

Ohh... but for me its just the first time when i turn it on it ddint work but after that i turned it off quite a few times and when i turn on it turned on fine...

Ya i was also gaming quite heavily... Like once after my system turned on i turned it off and on for around 5 times.. and been playing gaming for a continuous 7hours.. and even now im using it...

a question, do you have it running at stock speeds? or is it over clocked, and if so what software are you using and what level of overclock?

if your using the Asus AI suite II it could be overclocking your cpu, but can't overclock your memory as it seems low spec for that kind of system?

just a thought,

also check and make sure everything is grounded properly and if you could test a different PSU to eliminate a PSU problem it would help.

Did you just get your m/board? and i assume it was brand new, if you don't mind sharing where did you get it from, and does it smell like electrical burning type smell from the box? sometimes people get lemons (others RMA boards) that might test and run ok once or a few times on a test bench but not all the time in a customers computer.

hope that helps

a question, do you have it running at stock speeds? or is it over clocked, and if so what software are you using and what level of overclock?

if your using the Asus AI suite II it could be overclocking your cpu, but can't overclock your memory as it seems low spec for that kind of system?

just a thought,

also check and make sure everything is grounded properly and if you could test a different PSU to eliminate a PSU problem it would help.

Did you just get your m/board? and i assume it was brand new, if you don't mind sharing where did you get it from, and does it smell like electrical burning type smell from the box? sometimes people get lemons (others RMA boards) that might test and run ok once or a few times on a test bench but not all the time in a customers computer.

hope that helps

Its running in stock speeds...

Ok try if i can get a different PSU to check but i think its hard for me to get a different PSU...

i bought it from a online retailer www.flipkart.com .... Hmmm sorry i didnt try sniffing the box... so not sure what kind of smell it produces.. should i do that???

Its running in stock speeds...

Ok try if i can get a different PSU to check but i think its hard for me to get a different PSU...

i bought it from a online retailer www.flipkart.com .... Hmmm sorry i didnt try sniffing the box... so not sure what kind of smell it produces.. should i do that???

I not heard of that seller, all i am saying it happens people get RMA boards and if you have tried everything else it could well be the board.

Normally if something is fried on the board you can smell a electrical burning type smell on the board itself.

if its new and causing problems all the time and you can't figure it out then i would suggest returning the board or contacting Asus, there customer support it usually prettty good.

then again them ROG boards are usually solid and reliable. anything could have happened like board damage, or running it with the wrong components ( still not sure about that memory)

I not heard of that seller, all i am saying it happens people get RMA boards and if you have tried everything else it could well be the board.

Normally if something is fried on the board you can smell a electrical burning type smell on the board itself.

if its new and causing problems all the time and you can't figure it out then i would suggest returning the board or contacting Asus, there customer support it usually prettty good.

then again them ROG boards are usually solid and reliable. anything could have happened like board damage, or running it with the wrong components ( still not sure about that memory)

Ohhh.... Till now i didnt get that problem again.. i restarted quite a few times...

and the online retailer is an Indian Shop...

well im going to buy corsair dominator platinum 1600mhz within a month or two... so we dont have to worry abt memory any more... hehe.. ^_^