I'm tempted to buy Assassin's Creed Unity. Help.

TheSSVids

As the title suggests, I am really tempted to buy Assassin's Creed Unity. I need help. Bash on Ubisoft. Bash on the game. Please... someone... help...

Wait for it to be fixed and bug free

Because he had a hard drive.

get-out-of-here-gif.gif

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Don't buy it now. Buy it when they properly patched it. And in a sale.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

As the title suggests, I am really tempted to buy Assassin's Creed Unity. I need help. Bash on Ubisoft. Bash on the game. Please... someone... help...

It seems your interested in the game and if you got the money for it then buy it, it might even work for you as the latest patch has fixed a lot of the problems even playable on my system or you could wait, its really all up to you if it is worth the money on a game thats been pissed on by lots of people since its launched.  

BTW I pre ordered the game and its playable, even fun.

Cry Havoc!

You obviously know what's wrong with the game, I imagine that you also know that once Ubi "fixes" it they are abandoning it completely. No more DLC after the "free" one that they will be giving out sometime soon. It's you're money and so long as you know what you're getting into I don't have a problem with you getting it, I do have a problem with you buying it though. Ubisoft doesn't deserve money for that game plain and simple. They knew about the issues pre launch and instead of doing the smart thing and delaying it so it can be fixed they released a broken game with a review embargo for 12 hours after the game released.

My suggestion, "acquire" it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

cheapest I see it going for on the auction site is $32.50 ($20 if you want the russian version lol). not saying I buy from those places, but for some games....

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

at the very least wait till its cheaper.  Even if it ran good from the beginning (I think its plenty playable now with my system), I think it was the worst AC yet (maybe not worse than the 1st one cause of how repetitive it was). I don't think its worth full price just from the game that is it stand point, not taking any of ubisoft's screwups into account,

and I'm a huge AC fan...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I'll sell it to you for $30

Hits you with giant paper fan and leaves. Don't make me come back now.

Be a console peasant & get it on console. Tbh I might get it on my XB1 to play with friends since it's co-op. Especially with all the PC problems and since none of my PC friends have it.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Be a console peasant & get it on console. Tbh I might get it on my XB1 to play with friends since it's co-op. Especially with all the PC problems and since none of my PC friends have it.

It is worse on a console. Also go to Nvidia control panel choose the game and choose adaptive half sync on vsync. Grats, now you have a much better 30 FPS version and can crank up the graphics settings. 

Probably the only way to play it or Farcry 4 and actually push graphics. Otherwise the game will stutter and CPU is the culprit.

Both games simply run badly at a unlocked 60 FPS. Far Cry 4? You can edit the XML and disable mip mapping, which gives pop in and lower textures and play at 60, but it will still be better than the console version. These consoles are so weak even the worst optimization in the world can't make them compete with a PC like yours. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You obviously know what's wrong with the game, I imagine that you also know that once Ubi "fixes" it they are abandoning it completely. No more DLC after the "free" one that they will be giving out sometime soon. It's you're money and so long as you know what you're getting into I don't have a problem with you getting it, I do have a problem with you buying it though. Ubisoft doesn't deserve money for that game plain and simple. They knew about the issues pre launch and instead of doing the smart thing and delaying it so it can be fixed they released a broken game with a review embargo for 12 hours after the game released.

My suggestion, "acquire" it.

I agree. But I don't even want to pirate it. Ubi will take that as good feedback, as mentioned in a past WAN-show. I guess I'll just have to wait 'till they get their shit together.