1440p IPS 60 HZ vs. 1080P TN120~140 HZ vs. 4K TN 60HZ

Rohan.Le.Roux

As the title implies, which would be a better solution to grab right now? Just for some context, I have a budget of up to $800 USD, have a System with a GTX 980 (and room for another), and mostly play story games, when not playing CS:GO and Battlefield 4. Personally, I'm not really to concerned with IPS vs TN, but I'd appreciate other peoples opinions, AND, whether or not the consecutive jump from 1080P>1440P>4K is majorly noticeable?

Cheers.

[PC]: i7 4790k @4.1GHZ, EVGA SC GTX 980, HyperX Beast 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-I, NH-L12, WD Green 1TB, Kingston 120GB SSD, Corsair 250D

Honestly at this moment in time i still think that 1440p is the best resolution for gaming and still getting fantastic framerates

Do you care about viewing angles? great colours? then get IPS

Do you care about fast frame rates? then get a 120hz+

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Go for dat delicious 1440p + IPS greatness....

Or if you wanna spend an extra 200 bucks how about a 34UM95? 

Edit: I might add that I have a 144hz monitor and it looks smooth when pushing 60+ frames and colors aren't terrible (though contrast shift is fucking annoying). However since I am not a very competitive gamer, I wish I went for an IPS monitor now as I love pretty games with high levels of immersion.  

Thanks guys- reminded me of Ultra Wide *duh*! I'm looking at the 34UM95 however its getting quite expensive at that point! :)

[PC]: i7 4790k @4.1GHZ, EVGA SC GTX 980, HyperX Beast 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-I, NH-L12, WD Green 1TB, Kingston 120GB SSD, Corsair 250D

I've yet to hear a valid reason to choose a TN panel when the budget allows for something better. TN will always be for budget builds in my eyes, that color shift and inaccuracy is too distracting for my taste. Also not an FPS player so any advantage for that genre is lost on me. *IPS or high end VA over TN any day. 1440p IPS 60Hz is what I'd go for over the fastest TN.

I run a gtx 780 ti, and currently have a 144 hz 1080p monitor. At this point, im really in a dilemma, because the colors really dont impress me. When i bought my gaming rig 7 months ago, i was ready to be blown away with beautiful graphics and colors. However since i bought one of the best graphics cards that time, i also wanted a monitor which could display the extra frame rates. To make a long story short, i was not impressed with my monitors color performance. The games looked good yes, but not crazy good, like people say the PCMasterRace effect will give you. Now im thinking about selling my monitor and buy an ips, in order to get better colors. When you watch youtube videos at 60 fps, it looks exactly as smooth as my 144 hz monitor, so idk. Maybe the 144 hz is pure bs. 

And what would you guys think? Will my gtx 780 ti be able to run games at ultra on a 1440 p screen?