Headhunterz

Rog Striker-GTX760-P-4GD5 

Engine Clock: GPU boost clock: 1150 MHz

GPU base  clock: 1085 MHz

Memory Clock: 6008 MHz

Memory Interface: 256-bit 

OR 

MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC

Engine Clock: GPU boost clock: 1085 (Boost Clock: 1150) (OC mode)1020 (Boost Clock: 1085) (Gaming mode)980 (Boost Clock: 1033) (Silent mode)

Memory Clock: 6008 MHz

Memory Interface: 256-bit

My friend is thinking to buy one of these two so what you think guys ? 

post-109956-0-91082700-1416788126_thumb.

post-109956-0-36873200-1416788134_thumb.

honestly dont get either go with a 960 which is coming soon but if you are getting a 760 no matter what just go with the cheaper one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Rog Striker-GTX760-P-4GD5 

My friend is thinking to buy one of these two so what you think guys ? 

Not only is the ROG Striker a huge waste of money, 760 is in general. An R9 280 performs better and is cheaper.

"Rawr XD"

I will tell him so what price will be 960 ? i didnt search for price..

Not only is the ROG Striker a huge waste of money, 760 is in general. An R9 280 performs better and is cheaper.

Some people just prefer Nvidia, nothing wrong with that.

I will tell him so what price will be 960 ? i didnt search for price..

It will be a little bit more then 760 is now, but not too much more. If you don't want to wait though then the R9 280 is still a better option.

Some people just prefer Nvidia, nothing wrong with that.

That still means you're spending more money then you need to, unless you need Nvidia specific features like Gamestream, G-Sync, Shadowplay, etc.

"Rawr XD"

That still means you're spending more money then you need to, unless you need Nvidia specific features like Gamestream, G-Sync, Shadowplay, etc.

Yup, that and familiarity with the software and drivers. Being comfortable with a certain brand is a good reason to stick with it.

It will be a little bit more then 760 is now, but not too much more. If you don't want to wait though then the R9 280 is still a better option.

... PhysX!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

In regards to what the OP should buy I am not sure what prices are like where he is from so hard to comment without more info.

... PhysX!

Barely any games actually do hardware PhysX anymore, and modern games that do will likely do it with the CPU anyways, which makes AMD vs Nvidia irrelevant for PhysX.

"Rawr XD"

Barely any games actually do hardware PhysX anymore, and modern games that do will likely do it with the CPU anyways, which makes AMD vs Nvidia irrelevant for PhysX.

You can make that comment but it would not be true.  Also an upcoming game that everyone is waiting on in The Witcher 3 definitely uses PhysX.

Here in Croatia price-s are high so this ROG is around (370$) and MSI (275$)

Also i see that GTX 960 coming 2015 so thats a bit long ... also what i found is SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 TRI-X OC (black-blue) and R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 and this 2 cards cost less then ROG.

•  

In some overclocked cases, and especially in SLI. The 760 can outperform the 280. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

In some overclocked cases, and especially in SLI. The 760 can outperform the 280. 

Thats hard because in some ways nvidia is better and in other ways ATI ..

Also i see that GTX 960 coming 2015 so thats a bit long ... also what i found is SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 TRI-X OC (black-blue) and R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 and this 2 cards cost less then ROG.

The Vapor-X 280X is a very good card.

"Rawr XD"

The Vapor-X 280X is a very good card.

so R9 is better then nvidia up there ? 

so R9 is better then nvidia up there ? 

The 280x is a tier better than the 760. Go for it if the price is right. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The 280x is a tier better than the 760. Go for it if the price is right

Sapphire R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X TRI-X OC (338$)     AND     Rog Striker-GTX760-P-4GD5 (380$) so its hard to know what of this two cards is better hah

Sapphire R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X TRI-X OC (338$)     AND     Rog Striker-GTX760-P-4GD5 (380$) so its hard to know what of this two cards is better hah

The Sapphire R9 280X is better then the Striker GTX 760. 

"Rawr XD"

Ham not that much they are same also this R9 use soo much power.

And a Titan Z is better than a 295x2.

Just because it's cheaper and faster doesn't really make it better. Quite honestly for most people, it comes down to preference. Buy what you want and be happy with the decision that you've made :)

And quite honestly, for that kind of money just buy a GTX 970. 

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro // CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.2GHz // GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Reference // RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1333MHz // MOBOASUS P8Z77-V LK // SPACE: 240GB Crucial M500 SSD ~ WD Black 1TB // PSU: Corsair CX750M //

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 130 // CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0GHz // GPU: N/A // RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1600MHz // MOBOEVGA Z87 Stinger Mini-ITX // SPACE: OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD ~ [2X WD Black 2TB in RAID 1] // PSU: EVGA 430W //

Ham not that much they are same also this R9 use soo much power.

No. 280X = 770.

And a Titan Z is better than a 295x2.

Just because it's cheaper and faster doesn't really make it better. Quite honestly for most people, it comes down to preference. Buy what you want and be happy with the decision that you've made :)

And quite honestly, for that kind of money just buy a GTX 970. 

So? In this case it just happens to be cheaper and faster, and generally people don't prefer to waste money compared to not wasting money.

If a 280X is $338 where the OP is located, chances are a GTX 970 costs a lot more then that, so you can't just recommend GTX 970.

"Rawr XD"

No. 280X = 770.

So? In this case it just happens to be cheaper and faster, and generally people don't prefer to waste money compared to not wasting money.

If a 280X is $338 where the OP is located, chances are a GTX 970 costs a lot more then that, so you can't just recommend GTX 970.

Believe me I see what you're trying to say, sorry about that (didn't check where the OP lives) but in this situation I don't see any money "wasted". And with a 280x being cheaper, a 280x uses WAY more power than a 760. Gotta think power costs. :)

But with the 960 right around the corner, we need to know if either of these options is even worth buying.

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro // CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.2GHz // GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Reference // RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1333MHz // MOBOASUS P8Z77-V LK // SPACE: 240GB Crucial M500 SSD ~ WD Black 1TB // PSU: Corsair CX750M //

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 130 // CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0GHz // GPU: N/A // RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1600MHz // MOBOEVGA Z87 Stinger Mini-ITX // SPACE: OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD ~ [2X WD Black 2TB in RAID 1] // PSU: EVGA 430W //

No. 280X = 770.

its not that expensive then R9 280X, its almost same in peformance, in some games 280X have cuple fps more and in other games 760 hah