Would you rather have a freesync/gsync monitor that was 1440p, 4k, or 5k?

Sammael

I ask because now that we know there will be a series of 4k freesync display coming out next year, does anyone actually want one for games?

Video should be great, but games?

4k is really hard to drive properly, 1440p is harder to drive than 1080p, but it's still not that over the top.

If you wanted to just double up the pixels, you could go from 1080p to 4k pretty easily, doubling up 1440p could easily map onto a 5k display.

I'm not sure if scaling works as well if the pixels are something in between a standard doubling, so maybe it does not matter. 

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

freesync is nearly useless for videos also its a open source version of Gysnc 

non of the above because I can upgrade my gpu with that kind of money

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I ask because now that we know there will be a series of 4k freesync display coming out next year, does anyone actually want one for games?

Video should be great, but games?

4k is really hard to drive properly, 1440p is harder to drive than 1080p, but it's still not that over the top.

If you wanted to just double up the pixels, you could go from 1080p to 4k pretty easily, doubling up 1440p could easily map onto a 5k display.

I'm not sure if scaling works as well if the pixels are something in between a standard doubling, so maybe it does not matter. 

5k gsync 144hz with 4 way 980 with 8gb

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

If money were no object, then gsync at 4k and 5k would be really nice. Then you'd only have to target 40 fps rather than 60, and 40fps is very doable at this point.

Whether it's worth the premium that would add to the price... well for some reason people buy the ROG Swift, so I guess people would buy this.

And for what it's worth I haven't found the scaling on a 28" 4K monitor in Windows 7 particularly worth noting. Even with my abysmal eyesight I've never struggled to read anything.

A G-Sync 1440p 75Hz IPS would be amazing, I would buy it even if it cost $1000.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

5k gsync 144hz with 4 way 980 with 8gb

8GB won't cut it for long ;)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

At the moment, 1440p is be best balanced resolution. It's low enough that you can render games at high/ultra details, but it's also high enough to be satisfying to look at. 4K and 5K will be great when GPUs are more powerful, but not quite yet.

IMO, it makes no sense to run low res textures and low quality settings on a super high res screen.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

8GB won't cut it for long ;)

I'm waiting with baited breath as to what alternative you have to offer...

At the moment, 1440p is be best balanced resolution. It's low enough that you can render games at high/ultra details, but it's also high enough to be satisfying to look at. 4K and 5K will be great when GPUs are more powerful, but not quite yet.

IMO, it makes no sense to run low res textures and low quality settings on a super high res screen.

Me neither, that's why I run games at 4k and their highest preset and get usually about 55-60 fps without AA...

I would love a Freesync 1440p 144hz monitor with okay colors like the 144hz that benq makes

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

A G-Sync 1440p 75Hz IPS would be amazing, I would buy it even if it cost $1000.

You could probably overclock to get 70-71Hz on any random panel.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

At the moment, I only want 1440p, because I don't have GPU's for more. :rolleyes:

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I'm waiting with baited breath as to what alternative you have to offer...

waiting :)

Until a new High end Nvidia GPU is released with more VRAM. After all we are talking about things that might come, not stuff that is already available.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

waiting :)

Until a new High end Nvidia GPU is released with more VRAM. After all we are talking about things that might come, not stuff that is already available.

We are talking about things that would be nice now. 4k and 5k are already available. G/Active Sync would just reduce the GPU horsepower needed to make it a good solution. In the majority of situations right now 4GB vram is enough. 8GB will be enough for a while.

You could probably overclock to get 70-71Hz on any random panel.

I know but if it's 75hz from the factory it's likely to more reliable and you could probably OC it farther if you wanted.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I just want a 5k monitor... :P

We are talking about things that would be nice now. 4k and 5k are already available. G/Active Sync would just reduce the GPU horsepower needed to make it a good solution. In the majority of situations right now 4GB vram is enough. 8GB will be enough for a while.

Wanna bet?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

1080p or 1440p, apparently i'm old and have bad eyes

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

High end gpus can't even 4K properly, let alone 5k. There was also no mention of the panel type which I'm assuming will be meh TN ones for 4k/5k to have gsync at a price that isn't insane. 

I personally would go for a 4k 24" 99% Adobe RGB color accurate display. 

I have displays far longer than I'll use video cards so it's a long term investment, I can just wait till cards get more powerful so they can run games better on larger displays.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^