really compact pc.

BurgerBum

going for mATX or mITX formfactor.

as small as possible while still easy to build in. (cooler master elite 110 is indeed an option, but finding power supplies for it.... ehh...)

non flashy, and under 40 bucks. also, not much expansion needed, we'll most likely be using intel graphics for a long time before i throw in a spare little single slot card.

i need a case, (anything) and a semi/fully modular PSU that isnt too long if we're going with elite 110.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

also, if it is extremely compact, so far that airflow gets restricted... some quick thaughts on how to setup the airflow would be helpful too.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Elite 110 would be the smallest I would go to be honest.

I've built in the Cubitek Mini Center (really small) and it was an absolute pain, it took 30 minutes to plug in the front panel headers properly and mount the PSU

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Elite 110 would be the smallest I would go to be honest.

I've built in the Cubitek Mini Center (really small) and it was an absolute pain, it took 30 minutes to plug in the front panel headers properly and mount the PSU

okay, soo...

elite 110, or otherwise.

in the event of the elite 110 any good short PSUs that wouldnt kill this being my first build in a while? *nervious chuckle*

-Jim Hensen

Well you could get a NUC or the like if it's not going to be an invested computer? They're really small. :D

Well you could get a NUC or the like if it's not going to be an invested computer? They're really small. :D

need to be able to chage things in the future. xD

-Jim Hensen

Really really really really really really really really really compact pc.

This:

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu100/

It's so compact it's got a handle for easy transportation...

Tek Syndicate was able to cram some powerful hardware in there...

went with the rose will FBM-02

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fbm02

just realized theres a mATX mobo that gives the same feates +1 and is half the cost of the previous mobo, which was mITX

-Jim Hensen

This:

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu100/

It's so compact it's got a handle for easy transportation...

Tek Syndicate was able to cram some powerful hardware in there...

i sooooo would want to do that but its a tad too pricey... :(

-Jim Hensen

i sooooo would want to do that but its a tad too pricey... :(

DIY! xD

DIY! xD

YEAH

i'll just take my mom's new thousand dollar purse and put a computer in it! xD

-Jim Hensen

Just throwing this out there. When it comes to cooling, those compact Noctua coolers with 92mm fans are really good.

Just throwing this out there. When it comes to cooling, those compact Noctua coolers with 92mm fans are really good.

ehh, we have a tight budget but im just gonna try and worm my way into them thinking 60 dollar water coolers are the bare minimum. x'D

-Jim Hensen

like the one linus reviewed?

the 120 and the 92 underneath that?

its like a dual tower heatsink but its laying flat.

-Jim Hensen

like the one linus reviewed?

the 120 and the 92 underneath that?

its like a dual tower heatsink but its laying flat.

NH U9B SE 2 was the one I used several years ago and Noctua is releasing some newer ones sooooon.