Times Square digital billboard powered by 3 AMD FirePro GPUs

ahhming

The 24 million pixel display is driven by 3 AMD FIrePro W9000 GPUs

For refrence, 1920x 1080 = 2 million pixel.

11.57 x higher resolution than 1080p

New York's Times Square was illuminated by the world's highest resolution video display screen of its size as the monitor - nearly as big as a football field

times-square-billboard.jpg

Source:

http://fireuser.com/blog/size_matters_times_square_digital_billboard_powered_by_3_amd_firepro_gpus_s/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2840077/New-Yorks-Times-Square-gets-football-field-sized-screen.html

So it's almost 2 5k displays put together? 

Mac should really like Advertise on that display 

"The new imac; as sharp as this display" 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So it's almost 2 5k displays put together? 

Mac should really like Advertise on that display 

"The new imac; as sharp as this display"

"Or sharper."

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Make the font color AUTO AUTO AUTO.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

impressive how little it takes to power such a screen. I wonder if it sits in a simple desktop case :P

Which model?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

impressive how little it takes to power such a screen. I wonder if it sits in a simple desktop case :P

It's probably on a server rack. 

It's not like those cards process physics in those ads.. it's equivalent of 4K surround, meaning each of the GPUs (if load is spread evenly) has to handle a single 4K monitor worth of pixels. Hardly news worthy imo.