LG G3 Vs. Oneplus One Camera

Recon97

I have seen few samples and personally I find Oneplus camera to be more better than G3 camera as it gives more detail even in magnification..But is that worth it?.

What exactly are you asking? Because the G3 vs OPO has been discussed plenty of times lately.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

What exactly are you asking? Because the G3 vs OPO has been discussed plenty of times lately.

Now its about the camera quality.

There really isn't a difference of day and night between the camera's of these devices. Both score good in camera tests, and it's that the Oneplus only outperforms the G3 in low light, and still not by much.

Source: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/07/camera-shootout-oneplus-one-vs-lg-g3.html

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Actually the one plus one camera is terrible. http://anandtech.com/show/8242/the-oneplus-one-review/5

No its not, that review is overly harsh for some reason, if you look at the gsmarena review he says its quite good.

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one-review-1101p8.php

"Overall, the OnePlus One produces very good images. The 13 MP resolution is high enough and the detail level leaves almost nothing to be desired. There is a little bit of noise but that's the consequence of the relatively small sensor and high resolution. We definitely like the laid back approach to processing that OnePlus has implemented as well."

Phonearena:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/OnePlus-One-Review_id3758/page/3

"Not the very best, but definitely up there. The UI is clean-looking, and, with some exceptions, easy to navigate."

No its not, that review is overly harsh for some reason, if you look at the gsmarena review he says its quite good.

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one-review-1101p8.php

"Overall, the OnePlus One produces very good images. The 13 MP resolution is high enough and the detail level leaves almost nothing to be desired. There is a little bit of noise but that's the consequence of the relatively small sensor and high resolution. We definitely like the laid back approach to processing that OnePlus has implemented as well."

Phonearena:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/OnePlus-One-Review_id3758/page/3

"Not the very best, but definitely up there. The UI is clean-looking, and, with some exceptions, easy to navigate."

I'm more inclined to believe Anandtech's review because it was surprisingly positive throughout until he talked about the camera. As you can see from the samples that Anandtech's provided, low light and HDR was terrible. Daylight performance is what you can expect- pretty much all cameras these days do well in well lit scenes, but few are able to do well in low light where it matters.

Edit: typo

I'm more inclined to believe Anandtech's review because it was surprisingly positive through your until he talked about the camera. As you can see from the samples that Anandtech's provided, low light and HDR was terrible. Daylight performance is what you can expect- pretty much all cameras these days do well in well lit scenes, but few are able to do well in low light where it matters.

all phone cameras have poor low light performance, thats what you get when you have a tiny senor, the slow shutter mode destroys low light situations but you need to hold the phone still. HDR is overdone but it has raw support, the dynamic range of raw images is very high.

all phone cameras have poor low light performance, thats what you get when you have a tiny senor, the slow shutter mode destroys low light situations but you need to hold the phone still. HDR is overdone but it has raw support, the dynamic range of raw images is very high.

The slow shutter is beneficial to low light situations, provided that you keep your phone still, because it is able to capture more light. Raw support is completely useless because of the amount of space required. The camera UI also seems overly complicated, but you can get another camera app, please don't use Instagram camera app :P 

I get the impression that the OnePlus One's camera is serviceable but nothing spectacular. Same with the LG, but I think the LG is a bit better.

Make a conclusion please because you guys have made me more confused.

As far as i have seen many OPO camera samples,all i can say that it rules over G3 camera becuase of 6 lenses that greatly improves the image quality.G3 is not bad but i feel like it lacks some detail...it does not captures much detail like OPO.Prove me wrong.

I'm an owner of an OPO and the camera is awesome. Hands down the best phone I've bought.

-From the desk of Moose-

I'm an owner of an OPO and the camera is awesome. Hands down the best phone I've bought.

Well, you say that, because you upgraded from a much older phone, if you bought something else, you may say the same

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Well, you say that, because you upgraded from a much older phone, if you bought something else, you may say the same

I upgraded from a Lumia 920. Not sure if you have used one, but that phone has one hell of an awesome camera. 

-From the desk of Moose-