E3 2013: EA Announcements/News (including gameplay and trailer videos)

Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Announced

EA has announced Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. It is a third-person multiplayer co-op action title. It will arrive first on Xbox One and then Xbox 360.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-announced

EA Announces Peggle 2

EA has announced Peggle 2 is coming later this year. No platforms were announced, though EA played the iconic "Ode to Joy" theme that the series is known for.

E3-2013-EA-Plants-vs-Zombies-2.jpg

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-announces-peggle-2

TitanFall Gameplay

EA Announces Star Wars: Battlefront

EA has announced a new Star Wars: Battlefront title. The title will be powered by EA's Frostbite 3 engine and showed an AT-AT stomping a vehicle in Hoth. That implies it'll be based at least primarily in the time of the original Star Wars trilogy, not the Clone Wars or Episode VII.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-announces-star-wars-battlefront

Need for Speed: Rivals SmartGlass Integration

In Need for Speed: Rivals, Ghost Games is attempting to "destroy the line between singleplayer and multiplayer" and it provided greater insight today during EA's E3 press conference. During the demo, was shown progressing through a singleplayer race, when another player seamlessly comes into play as he takes over a police cruiser. But perhaps most compellingly, was the role of a third player using an iPad with Microsoft's SmartGlass app installed.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-need-for-speed-rivals-smartglass-integration

Need for Speed Movie Selects Its Hero Car

DreamWorks Studios and Ford Motor Company have announced their exclusive partnership for Electronic Arts' upcoming Need for Speed movie. The news coincides with the unveiling of a one-of-a-kind Ford Mustang for the film during EA's press conference at E3 today.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/need-for-speed-movie-selects-its-hero-car

Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYzYNcloM4

Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Returns

Today during the EA press conference, DICE confirmed that Commander mode from Battlefield 2 would be returning with Battlefield 4. The multiplayer position allows a single player on each team to assist their team by issuing instructions to move to capture points through a top-down interface. The player can see where their team is, including vehicles and other assets.
Most importantly, the feature will extend beyond PC and consoles into tablets. Players with DICE's Battlelog service installed on their mobile device will be able to interact with online players in realtime.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-battlefield-4-commander-mode-returns

Mirror's Edge 2 Revealed

EA has finally announced Mirror's Edge 2, which is confirmed to be in development at DICE.
A debut trailer showed off Faith jumping through the city and said the game is "coming when it's ready."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-mirrors-edge-2-revealed

EA Details Madden 25, NBA Live Next-Gen Features

EA has unveiled a suite of new features for the next-gen versions of Madden 25 and NBA Live at its E3 press conference.

For the football franchise,EA added Player Sense, which allows players to scan the environment and react on the fly, and War in the Trenches, which makes the offensive and defensive lines act dynamically. The company also announced that Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson as Madden 25's cover star.

As for NBA Live, this year's focus is on replicating the act of dribbling a ball in a way that no basketball game ever has by introducing a feature called bounceTek. NBA Live is set to release in 2014.

NBA:

Madden:

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-details-madden-25-nba-live-next-gen-features

FIFA 14’s New Features Outlined

At today’s Electronic Arts E3 press conference, the company outlined changes coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One iterations of FIFA 14, set for release this fall.

According to EA Sports, FIFA 14 is the “most authentic football game in history,” one that strives for realism not only in terms of the play on the pitch, but in the stands as well. The company promises that the “stadiums are alive” and that the crowd’s energy, and how it affects the players on the field, is tangible.

The company also promises “massive gameplay innovations” that allow players to act more intelligently. Players react via four times more calculations per second (relative to previous FIFA games), promising new features embodied in buzz terms like “precision movement” and “elite technique.”

It is important to note that only the Xbox One and PS4 versions of FIFA 14 will use the new Ignite engine that enables these features. Current-gen and PC versions will be iterative updates of the existing technology.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-fifa-14s-new-features-outlined

EA Reveals UFC Release Window

Today during its Download E3 conference, EA provided first details on its plans for its UFC sports series, including a release window for the first entry - Spring 2014.
From a tech standpoint, EA plans to integrate an AI concept it's calling 'MMAi', which will be an organic AI system that allows players and opponents to react seamlessly during combat. The UFC series will also include 'full body deformation', which is pretty much self-explanatory.
EA did unveil its first trailer for its UFC plans, though the footage did not show direct gameplay.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-ea-reveals-ufc-release-window

Which EA game, if any, are you most excited for?

Since RPG is my favourite genre I'd really like to see more about Inquisition, I fear it will be another DA2 though. Mirror's Edge is also interesting to me and we know almost nothing about both these titles :lol:.

I really only care about star wars battlefront, and maybe mirrors edge. thanks though for the recap, ive missed everything about E3 this year :(

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I really only care about star wars battlefront, and maybe mirrors edge. thanks though for the recap, ive missed everything about E3 this year :(

i like how they did the new plants v zombies game intro. 

also how they did the trailer for HALO 5 was outstanding

Character artist in the Games industry.

my reaction to battlefront and BF4 commander mode:

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

Not interested in the slightest.

It's EA for crying out loud, not supporting them at all.

Not interested in the slightest.

It's EA for crying out loud, not supporting them at all.

DICE is the developer, EA is the publisher, sure i don't like them for what they've done with C&C but this is a huge deal. Besides, EA is under new management so we'll see what gives..if they rush DICE to lauch Battlefront to soon and give us a unfinished broken game..then it's war. But you have to admit that they actually listened to the crowd; there was a HUGE demand for a new battlefront and DICE is delivering, as well as mirror edge 2 and Battlefield 4 with naval warfare (i've not seen any destroyers but i f*cking hope there are some) and they added a new destruction model 'levelution' (leveling skyscrapers in MP I mean common', that's ballin')  as well as Commandermode (first appearance was in BF2). If you are a BF-fan&veteran, then yes this is HUGE. otherwise..idk lol

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD

DICE is the developer, EA is the publisher, sure i don't like them for what they've done with C&C but this is a huge deal. Besides, EA is under new management so we'll see what gives..if they rush DICE to lauch Battlefront to soon and give us a unfinished broken game..then it's war. But you have to admit that they actually listened to the crowd; there was a HUGE demand for a new battlefront and DICE is delivering, as well as mirror edge 2 and Battlefield 4 with naval warfare (i've not seen any destroyers but i f*cking hope there are some) and they added a new destruction model 'levelution' (leveling skyscrapers in MP I mean common', that's ballin')  as well as Commandermode (first appearance was in BF2). If you are a BF-fan&veteran, then yes this is HUGE. otherwise..idk lol

I love Battlefield to death, but BF3 was a MAJOR let down, especially now they are forcing DLC down our throats 5 months in advance.

I also love Battlefront, but I'm more of a KotOR fan and look at how bad they fucked up that series.

I'm going to wait on Mirror's Edge Two. Number one was an amazing game for what it was at the time and hopefully number two is just as good, but I do not trust EA at all after they have messed up four of my favorite franchises(Dead Space being the other one).

I love Battlefield to death, but BF3 was a MAJOR let down, especially now they are forcing DLC down our throats 5 months in advance.

I also love Battlefront, but I'm more of a KotOR fan and look at how bad they fucked up that series.

I'm going to wait on Mirror's Edge Two. Number one was an amazing game for what it was at the time and hopefully number two is just as good, but I do not trust EA at all after they have messed up my three favorite franchises(Dead Space being the other one).

I know that feel bro but we can't do anything about those thing (maybe not buying the stuff), BF3 wasn't that bad but the 'to-soon' release with major bugs caused it to be a let down..and the single player missions could be much better..I love SP and that could make or break a game for me imho. I enjoy playing it online but it does indeed miss certain things...I hate dlc's as well but EA is not the only one doing this, 2K games; Ubisoft, ..all have 'season passes' and tryarch/infinity Ward have 'map packs'. The problem here is that when one company starts with it and is makes a huge profit with it, all the other company's are going to do the same..I hate this but it's just the awfull truth.

I know that feel bro but we can't do anything about those thing (maybe not buying the stuff), BF3 wasn't that bad but the 'to-soon' release with major bugs caused it to be a let down..and the single player missions could be much better..I love SP and that could make or break a game for me imho. I enjoy playing it online but it does indeed miss certain things...I hate dlc's as well but EA is not the only one doing this, 2K games; Ubisoft, ..all have 'season passes' and tryarch/infinity Ward have 'map packs'. The problem here is that when one company starts with it and is makes a huge profit with it, all the other company's are going to do the same..I hate this but it's just the awfull truth.

Which is why I'm not buying into this crap. I don't mind DLC, but only when it's practical. Borderlands 2 has amazing DLC and I purchased every single one of them and played them all to death. I'm a major SP guy, my favorite game of the decade so far is Fallout 3 and I am HOPING that Bethesda announces some sort of Fallout game at this E3.

I don't buy into hype and neither should anyone else.